PDA

View Full Version : Noooo!!

Terran
26-Nov-2006, 11:32 PM
Universal's Rogue Pictures has just released a teaser poster for the movie adaptation of the classic Castlevania series, and was put on display at the American Film Market last week. And as you Castlevania-freaks probably know already, the movie will trace back the origin of the struggle between the Belmont clan and Lord Dracula. Slashfilm also reports that the film will actually cover many time periods but the focus will be on 15th century Transylvania.

Paul W.S. Anderson, who also directed the Resident Evil movie, is slated to direct the US$ 50 million film that is said to still be in pre-production phase, with the producers still scouting for good locations in Hungary and Romania. And because they haven't even started taping yet, the earliest we'd probably get to see the film is spring next year.

Hes going to mess up another franchise....!!

capncnut
27-Nov-2006, 12:03 AM
I guess it's safe to say this will be cack! Paul 'Wank Stain' Anderson has a regularly seen power in the movies. The negative midas touch. Every screenplay he has ever touched has turned into s**t! :lol:

Danny
27-Nov-2006, 01:27 AM
oh good lord hes gonna take one of the best hack and slash games series ever and turn it in van-funking-hellsing, not the old hammer onrs, that crappy one from like a year ago.:barf:

capncnut
27-Nov-2006, 01:35 AM
I'm selling cyanide capsules if any of you are interested... :lol:

slickwilly13
27-Nov-2006, 01:46 AM
Sh!t, this is bad news. I heard about this a while back, but the turd resurfaced.

deadpunk
27-Nov-2006, 02:19 AM
lol..a Castlevania movie...

MikePizzoff
27-Nov-2006, 03:38 AM
Right... I really don't feel a Castlevania movie is very necessary. I don't think it could be that great no matter who did it but I know he's going to make it absolutely horrid.

radiokill
27-Nov-2006, 03:50 AM
I don't remember the story having much detail.....I was a youngster so I could be wrong......how could he go wrong when there isn't much of a story there? (And don't shout Resident Evil at me) I know whatever he does will be all action, and I don't remember there really being anything else to the games

deadpunk
27-Nov-2006, 03:57 AM
I know whatever he does will be all action, and I don't remember there really being anything else to the games

IRONY 101: In a video game, the more action the better. In a movie based off the same game, too much action is cheesy. :rockbrow: :elol:

There are very few good, quality adaptations of games-to-movies. I'm truly surprised anyone would hold any type of expectations for this type of movie at all...:shifty:

Danny
27-Nov-2006, 04:33 AM
lol..a Castlevania movie...

now that i think about the characters and costumes and "the whip" this could be the gayest movie this side of brokeback mountain....which was later remaned castle dracula.:lol:

radiokill
27-Nov-2006, 04:54 AM
in repsonse to deadpunk:
It's castlevania!!!!! That's how a video game movie works....tons and tons of action w/ just enough story to keep you interested. Resident Evil strayed far from game canon, but it keeps most people interested...It's all action, though....just a bit of story. They f*cked that up It was still fun though. Final Fantasy Spirtits Within????? What was that.....that didn't have anything to do with any of the games other than materia, It was a good movie though. Have you ever seen an epic, oscar worthy video game adaptation.

Anyway, there is no story to f*ck up. Without buttloads of action, it will be super super super cheesy.

now that i think about the characters and costumes and "the whip" this could be the gayest movie this side of brokeback mountain....which was later remaned castle dracula.:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

chal
27-Nov-2006, 08:16 AM
I hate to say anything positive about Paul W. S. Anderson, but...

I'm just glad it's not Uwe Bolle. If the Castlevania movie is poor, it'll sink and quietly be forgotten. If it's a Uwe Bolle movie, it'll be contending with other Uwe Bolle movies for the biggest pieces of **** films in the history of film.

capncnut
27-Nov-2006, 01:02 PM
Imagine if Boll and WS teamed up, what would be the perfect franchise for them? Alone In The Dark or Clock Tower? :lol:

deadpunk
28-Nov-2006, 04:48 AM
in repsonse to deadpunk:
It's castlevania!!!!! That's how a video game movie works....tons and tons of action w/ just enough story to keep you interested. Resident Evil strayed far from game canon, but it keeps most people interested...It's all action, though....just a bit of story. They f*cked that up It was still fun though. Final Fantasy Spirtits Within????? What was that.....that didn't have anything to do with any of the games other than materia, It was a good movie though. Have you ever seen an epic, oscar worthy video game adaptation.

Anyway, there is no story to f*ck up. Without buttloads of action, it will be super super super cheesy.

Let's revisit the post you're talking about here...

IRONY 101: In a video game, the more action the better. In a movie based off the same game, too much action is cheesy. :rockbrow: :elol:

There are very few good, quality adaptations of games-to-movies. I'm truly surprised anyone would hold any type of expectations for this type of movie at all...:shifty:

Hmmmmm..and I even made the word IRONY bold so that you wouldn't get confused...yet, you did. See, I was agreeing with you...:rolleyes:

:moon:

DVW5150
28-Nov-2006, 07:32 PM
Did'nt he do " Boogie Nights " ? I thought that was a great film . Also , 'Magnolia' & 'Vanilla Sky '? Just clue me in on that . Thanks .:skull:

capncnut
28-Nov-2006, 11:59 PM
Did'nt he do " Boogie Nights " ? I thought that was a great film . Also , 'Magnolia' & 'Vanilla Sky '? Just clue me in on that . Thanks .:skull:

Nah, that was Paul Thomas Anderson. Totally different guy.

chal
29-Nov-2006, 10:16 PM
You're thinking of Paul Thomas Anderson. The T/W.S. middle-name distinction is *very* important here :)

Edit: didn't spot there was a second page. Still running on old forum time!

_liam_
29-Nov-2006, 10:49 PM
i reckon WS has the WS to make people think hes PT...