PDA

View Full Version : 30 Days of Night set report

Geophyrd
28-Nov-2006, 01:25 PM
Has anyone else read 30 Days of Night? If not, here's the setup...in the town of Barrow Alaska, night lasts for 30 days. This looks like heaven to the vampires that decide to flock there and all heck breaks loose (aww...heck).

It was a pretty good comic (here's the link to Steve Niles' webpage, the author of the graphic novel as well as several sequels and the screenplay) (http://www.steveniles.com/thirtydays/) I dug it and have read the sequels as well.

Last, here's a set report. (http://ghosthousepictures.comingsoon.net/news_article.php?articleid=46)There isn't a lot of information yet (wow...its night out there) but if you link there will probably be some content upcoming.

capncnut
28-Nov-2006, 11:43 PM
Never read the graphic novel but it sounds very cool. I've always loved vampire flicks, especially Near Dark and The Addiction.

Danny
29-Nov-2006, 12:31 AM
read it and didnt like it, dunno why it just wasnt my cup of tea, allways prefered werewolfs as horror monsters over the uber camp vampires you get in stuff like darkwatch or whatever that was called.

im still hoping for news about the y the last man movie, though i think if a channel wants a serial drama to compete with lost more mature comics adapted for a lsot style series is were its at, like y the last man, the walking dead or something like that.

Geophyrd
29-Nov-2006, 12:24 PM
like Y, I'd like to hear whether they're ever going to make Preacher? If no one's read the Preacher series, I tell you that it is everything to like...sex, vulgarity, hilarity and a good story people by interesting characters (Arseface, Saint of Killers!)

For a while Rachel Talalay (of Tank Girl fame) was going to direct. Both Ben Affleck and James Marsden were attached to play the lead (Jesse Custer) but news seems to have dried up. Wish they'd make it

I mentioned Preacher after YEARS of hearing nothing. I mentioned it and then, first story on CHUD this morning....

http://www.chud.com/index.php?type=news&id=8116 (PREACHER COMES TO HBO)

PREACHER COMES TO HBO
By Devin Faraci
Contributing sources: Hollywood Reporter
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

Preacher, the excellent Vertigo/DC Comics series about a priest with the commanding voice of God, his contract killer girlfriend and their drunken Irish vampire best friend, is going to be a one hour HBO show. Of all the comic book properties that people talked about as HBO series, Preacher is the best fit. The comic had a long main arc, in which Jesse Custer, the titular preacher, was searching America for God, who had abandoned Heaven. But it also had plenty of smaller stories, colorful side characters, sex, swearing, graphic violence and supernatural stuff rooted in a relatable real world.

That’s the good news. The other news is that the pilot is being written by Mark Steven Johnson, the man behind Daredevil and the upcoming Ghost Rider. The pilot is being directed by Howard Deutch, who last directed The Whole Ten Yards. And The Odd Couple II. And Grumpier Old Men. To be fair to him, he directed Pretty in Pink as well.

So while the comic is getting the home it deserves (after coming dangerously close to being adapted into a two hour movie by the director of Tank Girl. Tank Girl!!!), the creative forces behind it leave much to be desired. I guess we couldn’t have expected a slam dunk at this point. And hey, maybe Mark Steven Johnson just needed to get the bad comic book adaptations out of his system before delivering something great.