PDA

View Full Version : My last living dead story.

rightwing401
28-Nov-2006, 07:22 PM
Not necessarily the last one I'm ever going to write, but I won't be doing any more for quite a long time. The problem that I'm afraid that I'm having is that I'm beginning to write myself into a corner, where the only ideas that I can come up with for new stories are living dead. So I will be taking a leave of absence from walking corpses after this.
I decided that I'll do my last one for now in a fashion that fits me well. My story will be from the point of view of one of the no named swat officers that are involved in the tennant housing battle in the beginning of dawn. When I send it in, see if you can figure out which one of the guys it is. (Hint: Look at the movie to get a better idea if you can't get it).
A final note, don't worry, I'll still put other types of fiction up. I owe almost everything that I am as a writer to this site and to all the other authors and readers that helped me better myself.

capncnut
29-Nov-2006, 01:41 AM
I got to admit that I too find this site a souce of inspiration nowdays as I am also writing a story using a Dawn character.

As for your character, it's gotta be either Wooley, Rod or that black guy who helps Roger with the unruly female?

coma
29-Nov-2006, 04:18 AM
I got to admit that I too find this site a souce of inspiration nowdays as I am also writing a story using a Dawn character.

As for your character, it's gotta be either Wooley, Rod or that black guy who helps Roger with the unruly female?

Doesn't Rod take a shot in the head?

deadpunk
29-Nov-2006, 04:27 AM
Not necessarily the last one I'm ever going to write, but I won't be doing any more for quite a long time. The problem that I'm afraid that I'm having is that I'm beginning to write myself into a corner, where the only ideas that I can come up with for new stories are living dead. So I will be taking a leave of absence from walking corpses after this.
I decided that I'll do my last one for now in a fashion that fits me well. My story will be from the point of view of one of the no named swat officers that are involved in the tennant housing battle in the beginning of dawn. When I send it in, see if you can figure out which one of the guys it is. (Hint: Look at the movie to get a better idea if you can't get it).
A final note, don't worry, I'll still put other types of fiction up. I owe almost everything that I am as a writer to this site and to all the other authors and readers that helped me better myself.

I've been there. When you start looking at stories and asking yourself; "Right, now how do I work the zombies in?"

It does help to write something else, something different. It spurs the juices of the stories you'll write when you return to this genre. And you will return. :elol:

capncnut
29-Nov-2006, 04:37 AM
Doesn't Rod take a shot in the head?

The story could be a prequel?

My story will be from the point of view of one of the no named swat officers that are involved in the tennant housing battle in the beginning of dawn.

So I guess that's Wooley and Rod out! :D

Danny
29-Nov-2006, 06:29 AM
just stop with the zombies then, i used to try and come up with the best short zombie film i could, but eventually got sick of trying, left it for a while and came back with a fresher perspective and a much better script becuase of it, if you just keep doing the same stuff it gets ...thin i guess is the right word, and youll end up doing what most people making zombie movies now do "isolation, zombie bites changing at least one person, the army has a role and crap music". just be different for the sake of it, not make the same becuase its good.

try your hand at regular horror, or read some stephen king and love craft that'll set you right.:cool: