PDA

View Full Version : Homepage of the Dead visits the set of 'Diary of the Dead'

Neil
30-Nov-2006, 08:54 PM
Lee Karr visits the set of Romero's latest living dead film 'Diary of the Dead' and reports back.

Click here (www.homepageofthedead.com/baps/diary_setvisit.html) for a dead good read!

capncnut
30-Nov-2006, 09:43 PM
Wow, great little report. Diary is shaping up good and I'm glad to hear that GAR is employing so many familiar faces. The more I read about this movie, the more convinced I am that this is gonna be his best in a long time. Can't friggin' wait!

Michael even spills a little info on a major upcoming dvd release that he has gotten the rights to, but only in the U.K. So if you are not in England and you have been wishing for a special edition for a certain beloved Romero film, get a region free dvd player soon!

This Felsher guy, what movie has he gotten the rights to? :shifty:

MinionZombie
30-Nov-2006, 09:54 PM
VERY cool set report, everytime I hear more about the movie I get more excited. I'll be honest, inititally I was a bit "hmmm" about it, but it's growing on me more and more like some fetid (yet funky) disease ... that I'm looking forward to being consumed by.

A great set report there, excellent stuff, the movie sounds like it's gonna be classic GAR, the indie spirit back in full swing as it were.

And indeed, what movie will be getting the special edition treatment ... Martin? I'm scratchin' me noggin' trying to figure out which one it might be, for Region 2 to have something over on Region 1 is a bit of a shock. :D

axlish
30-Nov-2006, 11:28 PM
think cake :)

Badass report by the way. Easily the best article I've read on Diary to date. Good job!

thxleo
01-Dec-2006, 12:17 AM
Thanks Eric for the kind words, and thank you Neil for putting the report online. Hope everyone enjoys it!

Lee

HLS
01-Dec-2006, 12:24 AM
WOW. That was an awesome report. I have not seen monroezombie post here for a while but I did chat with him a week ago. He is doing well.:D

capncnut
01-Dec-2006, 02:18 AM
think cake :)

I want it... it's mine! ;)

Philly_SWAT
01-Dec-2006, 10:10 AM
Before getting started, I must mention one of the esteemed super moderators of this very site, Eric Kent (aka Axlish). Eric had contacted me a few days prior to this about directions to locations used for Land of the Dead.Well, are you going to post the directions to locations used for Land of the Dead, or am I going have to drag it out of you? :)

MinionZombie
01-Dec-2006, 10:50 AM
What, There's Always Vanilla? I thought that came on the disc for Hungry Wives...

capncnut
01-Dec-2006, 10:53 AM
I thought the cake hint was a reference to 'Father's Day' from Creepshow, I could be wrong though.

MinionZombie
01-Dec-2006, 11:01 AM
Oh ... hmmm ... I got the region 1 DVD of Creepshow and it is fairly barren, but I thought it might be a film that hadn't really been released, hence my thought on Vanilla, which I somehow linked to cakes. :lol: (Haven't watched Creepshow in a good while now...)

capncnut
01-Dec-2006, 11:28 AM
I thought it might be a film that hadn't really been released, hence my thought on Vanilla, which I somehow linked to cakes. :lol:

I always link my thoughts of vanilla to big phat slurpy MacDonalds milkshakes. :D

HLS
01-Dec-2006, 08:57 PM
I thought the cake hint was a reference to 'Father's Day' from Creepshow, I could be wrong though.

That was a great episode!

shadowkid
02-Dec-2006, 10:10 PM
If I was a reporter on the set of DIARY OF THE DEAD, the first thing I'd be asking is "So, what do you think of the fact THE ZOMBIE DIARIES was finished before you announced your idea? Coincidence? Have you heard of it?"

Given the recent article on ABC: abc.net.au/news/arts/articulate/200611/s1795742.htm it would have been a very good question to ask, even if it were just to production staff.

You missed a great opportunity! I would love to know the answer to that question, as do the folks at JoBlo, Dread Central, Eat my brains, etc

Wasted opportunity, man!

:(

coma
02-Dec-2006, 10:44 PM
If I was a reporter on the set of DIARY OF THE DEAD, the first thing I'd be asking is "So, what do you think of the fact THE ZOMBIE DIARIES was finished before you announced your idea? Coincidence? Have you heard of it?"

Given the recent article on ABC: abc.net.au/news/arts/articulate/200611/s1795742.htm it would have been a very good question to ask, even if it were just to production staff.

You missed a great opportunity! I would love to know the answer to that question, as do the folks at JoBlo, Dread Central, Eat my brains, etc

Wasted opportunity, man!

Yeah. George always goes around ripping off people.
C'mon dude, I love zombie movies but they are all just a rippoff in a sense of Georges films
So you rip off GAR and accuse him of ripping YOU off?!?!?!
Even if that's not what you meant, it sure sounds that way.
Fake quote from GAR
"The Zombie what? fuggedabout it.Never heard of it. What are you some kinda wiseass?"
I dont think he pays much attention to zombie movies.

shadowkid
02-Dec-2006, 11:03 PM
Yeah you are right - I guess every Zombie movie in a sense in a rip-off of Romero.

How many had camcorders filming the zombies in again?

coma
02-Dec-2006, 11:32 PM
Yeah you are right - I guess every Zombie movie in a sense in a rip-off of Romero.

How many had camcorders filming the zombies in again?
Didn't say you didn't have the idea first, just that it is unlikely that he ripped you off.
Though I would be pissed if that happened to me, to be fair. And I would question it too.

shadowkid
02-Dec-2006, 11:57 PM
Yeah I think it's good to question it. If I'm to be perfectly honest I don; think he copied THE ZOMBIE DIARIES - he's a busy man with too much going on to worry about little indie flicks in other countries.

My beef is with the reporter - wish he could have at least mentioned it.

Anyway, whatever happens, hopefully both films will do well.

thxleo
02-Dec-2006, 11:58 PM

Wasted opportunity, man!

Well if I were allowed to interview George maybe I could have asked that question. I think I would have asked it in a more respectful way though. However, I interviewed the people that I was allowed to. You sound like a plant from that production.
Also, if you went on set and started acting confrontational you would have been asked to leave.

capncnut
03-Dec-2006, 04:01 AM

If I was a reporter on the set of THE ZOMBIE DIARIES, the first thing I'd be asking is "So guys, what GAR film was the inspiration for this movie?" :D

Neil
03-Dec-2006, 09:06 AM
They're only similar in name surely? Content/story sounds very different?

MinionZombie
03-Dec-2006, 10:50 AM
Indeed, it's not uncommon for two directors in two countries to get the same-ish idea at the same time.

Neil Marshall did "The Descent" and was completely unaware that someone in America was making "The Cave", and they both have spelunkers fighting monsters underground. (Although I'll stand by Marshall's flick as it rocks).

People getting similar ideas at the same time, without any knowledge of the other similar idea, is pretty common. Somehow I doubt GAR is an internet junkie...

Chaos
03-Dec-2006, 07:42 PM
Tom Savini.

offwithherhead
08-Feb-2007, 03:42 AM
My beef is with the reporter - wish he could have at least mentioned it.
Anyway, whatever happens, hopefully both films will do well.

For the record, I've never heard of "The Zombie Diaries".
Alex Kavanagh, Costume Designer "Diary of the Dead" and "Land of the Dead"

And thanks for your kind words Lee!! Well done article.

thxleo
08-Feb-2007, 06:42 PM

Hi Alex! I'm glad you got the chance to read the report. And thank you for your kind words as well. Hope all is well on your end!

Lee

offwithherhead
08-Feb-2007, 08:27 PM
Well there's an actor's strike going on up here, which is making things pretty quiet, too quiet as they say. It'll blow over soon I hope.
We just did a day of insert shots last week for DOTD, George is really happy with everything so far. It was great seeing everyone. There is a slight chance we could shoot some additional scenes. That would be fun!
Alex

Neil
08-Feb-2007, 08:32 PM
There is a slight chance we could shoot some additional scenes. That would be fun!
Alex

Keep us posted please :)

MinionZombie
08-Feb-2007, 08:52 PM
Sweet! I certainly look forward to seeing Diary, I've been intrigued from the beginning, was a little bit "hmmm..." at first, but as more info has been coming out I've been going "ahhhh :)" a lot...

...said simply, I'm looking forward to checking it out. :)

capncnut
08-Feb-2007, 09:28 PM
Yeah man, keep that information a-flyin'.

Debbieangel
11-Feb-2007, 05:06 AM

Nice of you to visit us...we are all patiently waiting for GAR's film to be in the theater!!! I for one can not wait for it to come out! I have been a fan since 1968 when NOTLD first came out I actually got to see it at the drive In! It scared the begeebers out of me and ever since its been my favorite movie since! Anyway, Good luck with the filming!!! :)

offwithherhead
30-Apr-2007, 12:22 AM
Well, It's official! They are shooting 3 more days of additional scenes next week. I can't tell you any details, but the fans are going to LOVE it.
Alex

capncnut
04-Jun-2007, 02:34 AM
So is there anything new to report with Diary? Golly, it's been so long I'm starting to worry. :confused:

MinionZombie
04-Jun-2007, 09:36 AM
Still the same poopy, different day really. Last anyone heard was reshoots and editing...it would be nice if they did a little blog to go along with it, it's simple to do and you can use the footage for the DVD, plus it gives someone low on the filmmaking pole a chance to hang out on set and film some stuff...

Anyway...erm...ran out of words to type. :lol:

mista_mo
15-Jun-2007, 05:48 AM
whos lee karr

capncnut
15-Jun-2007, 05:09 PM
whos lee karr
I fink he does intervoos. :D

thxleo
16-Jun-2007, 01:46 AM
whos lee karr

I am.

Mike70
30-Nov-2007, 09:18 PM
If I was a reporter on the set of THE ZOMBIE DIARIES, the first thing I'd be asking is "So guys, what GAR film was the inspiration for this movie?" :D

oh snap. score a 3 pointer for the captain.:D

i've been reading a few older posts i may have missed. gotta admit i was about to give up on this one until this little, uh, discussion started.