PDA

View Full Version : Profile image concerns

capncnut
03-Dec-2006, 10:23 AM
While sitting at my computer little over a few hours ago, I decided that a fresh new profile image was in order. So with excitement and delight I cruised the websites, downloading bits here and there, in the hopes of giving myself a nice new onscreen makeover. Well can you imagine my surprise on this not so fair morn, that no matter how hard I tried, the image would not be accepted. A bulletin message then promptly appeared stating an 'invalid upload' was the diagnosis for this perplexing situation. Gathering myself together, I checked and re-checked to see if the image did not conform to HPotD laws but, as it turned out, it's dimensions and format was indeed completely compatible. I attempted the proceedure again several times but to no avail and have since discovered (via Member's List) that I now have NO profile image whatsoever! At that point I screamed and blacked out. Now that I have fully recovered from this haunting ordeal (thanks to PG Tips and Jaffa Cakes) am I now fully able to tell my account to the world.

P.S. Sorry if this post sounds strange but I fear I may have bumped my head on the keyboard (or desk) during my blackout and I have not been feeling the same since. What's going on? :D

HLS
04-Dec-2006, 12:18 AM
Captain, i been having the same problem. I can not change my pics as welll. I get upload failed error.

deadpunk
04-Dec-2006, 02:03 AM
maybe it was a small glitch in the system? I have no such problems...

capncnut
04-Dec-2006, 02:53 AM
Been trying again and this damn thing isn't working. It is not even accepting the original profile pic that I normally go with. :mad:

Danny
04-Dec-2006, 08:52 AM
i havent had a problem in a while, but on a forum i was an admin on about 2 years ago i couldnt change my avatar or sig and it bugs the hell outta ya doesnt it?;)

Andy
04-Dec-2006, 09:15 AM
OK. first, check these:

Check the picture you are uploading is a valid image type, JPG, GIF, PNG... NOT .BMP
Check the image you are trying to upload does not exceed the size limit, which is 250x250 pixels.
Check the image does not exceed the maximum file size allowed, which is 150kb.

If your image is good by all three of these checks and the forums still wont accept it, contact me.. i'll upload it for you and look into the problem further :)

capncnut
04-Dec-2006, 03:57 PM
The image is totally compatible but it still wont upload. Gonna send you a PM now matey.

Edit: Thanks Andy, that was bugging the hell out of me. At least I know it wasn't me. Let me know when it's sorted man.

Neil
04-Dec-2006, 08:15 PM
The image is totally compatible but it still wont upload. Gonna send you a PM now matey.

Edit: Thanks Andy, that was bugging the hell out of me. At least I know it wasn't me. Let me know when it's sorted man.

I've reproduced it... It's actually something to do with the new URL for the forum. Looking into it...

HLS
05-Dec-2006, 12:31 AM
OK. first, check these:

Check the picture you are uploading is a valid image type, JPG, GIF, PNG... NOT .BMP
Check the image you are trying to upload does not exceed the size limit, which is 250x250 pixels.
Check the image does not exceed the maximum file size allowed, which is 150kb.
If your image is good by all three of these checks and the forums still wont accept it, contact me.. i'll upload it for you and look into the problem further :)

the image i was going to load is something i had as an avatar/profile pic before but now it does not load up. i looked at all you listed. i heard from several others that they are having the same problem. but its no big deal. just annoying as hell

Neil
07-Dec-2006, 10:26 PM
Try now! Should be resolved.

The forum.homepageofthedead.com was causing the problem... I've fixed it now!

capncnut
07-Dec-2006, 11:44 PM
Good work guys. :thumbsup:

HLS
07-Dec-2006, 11:49 PM
I love captains avatar.

capncnut
08-Dec-2006, 04:39 AM
Erm, you created it! :lol: