PDA

View Full Version : OK...what were they really thinking?

BlueRoseRomeo
20-Mar-2006, 02:20 AM
I have heard House the The Dead 2 is in the making or pre-production...

So tonight I was in the mood to watch it...It is an ok movie. I eman it doesn't SUCK but its not good either.

I know I said this before but what is it with the game shots in the movie?

And the cheesy characters? --oh boo hoo my face is burt I wanna die--

GEESH!

jdog
20-Mar-2006, 02:30 AM
i hate house of the dead. i think it is one of the worst zombie flics ever made.
garbage in my books.

Head Shotz
20-Mar-2006, 03:09 AM
:evil: I'm right there with you. Week old landfill garbage.

jdog
20-Mar-2006, 03:29 AM
:evil: I'm right there with you. Week old landfill garbage.
not only is house of the dead the worst zombie movie i ever saw (and yes even worse then contagium), but one of the worst movies i ever seen.
this movie is a steaming pile.

Zombie-A-GoGo
20-Mar-2006, 10:18 PM
HotD was indeed a steaming pile. The sequel is actually about to be released on DVD, last I heard.

Here's a couple of links:
http://zombie-a-gogo.blogspot.com/2006/01/house-of-dead-2-dead-aim-straight-to.html
http://zombie-a-gogo.blogspot.com/2005/12/house-of-dead-2-dead-aim-trailer-and.html

The DVD is supposed to be available on March 28th:
http://zombie-a-gogo.blogspot.com/2006/01/zombie-news.html

The trailer doesn't look quite as bad as the entire first feature was. :D

Shemp
20-Mar-2006, 11:38 PM
$ - That's what they were thinking.
As with all of the other video game inspired movies of late, they know that there is enough of a built in audience from the popularity of the game to guarantee a reasonable profit. It's the same logic that drives the numerous sequels, remakes and old tv-shows-turned-movies get the green light. Artistic bankruptcy, for sure, but the stockholders want their profits.

HOUSE OF THE DEAD was an terrible film, in my opinion. Not scary, poorly made, bad acting and an incomprehensible storyline (Whenever a film has to fall back on an off-screen narrator to fill in the plot gaps, it''s a sign of incompetent filmmaking).

jdog
21-Mar-2006, 12:30 AM
$ - That's what they were thinking.
As with all of the other video game inspired movies of late, they know that there is enough of a built in audience from the popularity of the game to guarantee a reasonable profit. It's the same logic that drives the numerous sequels, remakes and old tv-shows-turned-movies get the green light. Artistic bankruptcy, for sure, but the stockholders want their profits.

HOUSE OF THE DEAD was an terrible film, in my opinion. Not scary, poorly made, bad acting and an incomprehensible storyline (Whenever a film has to fall back on an off-screen narrator to fill in the plot gaps, it''s a sign of incompetent filmmaking).
i totally agree. all of these hack writers and directors doing these movies have only one thing in mind, CASH! they slap together a quick script based on whatever video game for classic movie they feel like embarassing. why do they have to re-make all the classics, arn't they classics?
the only reason i can see is that peaple are trying to get rich off of others hard work and original idea. these hacked out remakes pay little regard to the vision of the original director and rely to much on shock instead of story with there teen friendly scripts.
personaly i think hollywood is in desperit need of a fresh horror story and not another sh##y re-make.

glsjaw
21-Mar-2006, 12:54 AM
wasnt house of the dead 2 on sci-fi about a month ago. it took place on a college campus.

BlueRoseRomeo
21-Mar-2006, 01:05 AM
So you think its going to be a waste of time also? House of the dead 2 is not one I am really worried about owning. If I was to buy it at all I think I would wait until it was on the $4.88 rack at Walmart.

You know I have been itching to play Resident Evil these days. I reeeeeally wish I had a PS2 so I could buy all the PS versions and play them. I feel like blowing the heads off some zombies...how about you.

Tullaryx
22-Mar-2006, 03:13 PM
Yeah, House of the Dead 2: Dead Aim was shown on Sci-Fi a month or so ago. It's a bad movie, but the funny thing is that it's better than the original, but then that's not saying much.

AcesandEights
22-Mar-2006, 11:03 PM
Yeah, House of the Dead 2: Dead Aim was shown on Sci-Fi a month or so ago. It's a bad movie, but the funny thing is that it's better than the original, but then that's not saying much.

I pretty much agree. I thought the movie was an okay B grade zombie movie. Definitely better than the original, but it still wasn't anywhere near good.