PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday 13 - I Walked With A Zombie

scotty Boy
03-Dec-2006, 05:00 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=cGVwHXThAuk
I saw this today for the first time and what a great video for obvious reasons.
I wasnt sure if this was already posted on the site so Hellsing please feel free to put me wrong and place a link to the video on this thread.

capncnut
03-Dec-2006, 05:30 PM
I saw this on Scuzz ages ago, the song's dire but the video's okay.

_liam_
03-Dec-2006, 07:19 PM
lol this guy sucks now, he was great in the frankenstein drag queens from planet 13, but now he's just a diet marilyn manson manson.

his other other band the murderdolls have a song called "dawn of the dead". it sucks, but im just a grumpy metal/industrial fart.

send more paramedics are the ultimate zombiecore band! they actually insist they ARE zombies (apart from drummer who is some kind of lucha wrestler)

scotty Boy
03-Dec-2006, 09:37 PM
Oh dont get me wrng i hate the song but i thought the video was pretty cool apart from the make up of the band and there image i guess.

MinionZombie
03-Dec-2006, 10:25 PM
lol, yeah the song sucks (as does their Dawn of the Dead track), but the video for the one you posted was alright ... well, it was good when it focussed on the movie rather than the band - who were like the annoying guy in front of you at the cinema with an afro, you're forever trying to look around the obstacle. :)

(this was the big 4,000th post for me :D)

_liam_
03-Dec-2006, 10:27 PM
strapping young lad did an evil dead video set in a replica of the cabin...pretty cool.

capncnut
04-Dec-2006, 03:45 AM
Didn't the Gorillaz sample Dawn on their last album?

_liam_
04-Dec-2006, 03:48 AM
not sure, but the track m1a1 from the first lp has a loooong sample from day of thedead. the incidental music from day eventually turns into a riff.

a little known fact is that the japanese text in the "clint eastwood" video says "every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them, it gets up and kills" etc.

MinionZombie
04-Dec-2006, 10:00 AM
Aye the Strapping Young Lad video was rather cool ... not really sure about the song, or the bald-on-top/heavy-metal-on-the-sides hairstyle of the singer ... it was like Terry Nutkins on an overdose of Jack Daniels.

Indeed, that first Gorillaz track that came out had a quote (printed in Chinese/Japanese/whatever and then dissolved to English and it was a quote from Dawn). Not sure if that track sampled the movie or not, but I'm gonna go track down that "m1a1" track now to check it out.

Danny
04-Dec-2006, 11:35 AM
strapping young lad did an evil dead video set in a replica of the cabin...pretty cool.

wasnt lordis blood red sandman a homage to it as well?

anyway may as well give in to a request,lol.

cGVwHXThAuk

gotta say it aint to my tastes, kinda like a more emo version of blink 182.

...if thats possible.