PDA

View Full Version : blair witch fans should love this

Danny
04-Dec-2006, 09:48 AM
well its a new week wich means i gotta bring something else thats free adnc ool to the forum,:)
this is for any fans of the blair witch and the last broadcast, i aint seen broadcast yet but i got a copy of ebay for a quid so ill see it tomorrow, this is yet another film in the same sub genre of home movie style horror. this ones called alien abduction in lake county, though its been on sky movies and sky one a few months back as "alien abduction: the magregor tape", its about a family thats about to celebrate thanks giving and the isolated farm house is chosen as a target b aliens and its filmed blair witch style and interjects with mocumentary footage of experts evaluating this "found" footage,and apparently when it first aired on UPN people thought it was real, war of the worlds style.

i really like it, and since its damn near impossible to find anywere other than the net on dvd i found the full movie on google video, so here it is, enjoy.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1586234750770103088

and since im on the topic of films like this and broadcast and bliar anyone else know anymore of these fake footage movies cus im writing an essay about these and im sure theres gotta be a few more out there that are pretty good.

Cykotic
04-Dec-2006, 10:11 AM
so fake!!!

MikePizzoff
04-Dec-2006, 12:19 PM
There was another movie along this same style that I really liked. It was a "reality" show about six people that lived together in a giant house out in the middle of nowhere. The house was rigged up with cameras in all of the rooms that would watch their daily lives. A huge snow storm came, they lost contact with the outside world, and they all started getting murdered by someone.

I really wish I could remember the name of this one. It entertained me.

Danny
04-Dec-2006, 01:11 PM
was it french by any chance?, but they spoke mostly english?

MikePizzoff
04-Dec-2006, 02:04 PM
No, I'm pretty sure it was an American film. They all spoke English.

capncnut
04-Dec-2006, 08:48 PM
First off, 'Alien Abduction - The McPherson Tape' had one or two creepy moments but overall is a big stinking pile of doo-doo. Now this other movie Mike just threw in sounds very familiar.

The only movie I remember about people being stuck in a house with cameras watching them was Sam Peckinpah's 'The Osterman Weekend' with John Hurt and Rutger Hauer but I'm certain it's not the one you're thinking of. Mmm... :shifty:

deadpunk
05-Dec-2006, 05:36 AM
The Last Broadcast was fairly good. I thought it was better than the BWP. Of course I saw it years and years ago...back when I was still a rampant pothead, so who knows.

Danny
05-Dec-2006, 01:20 PM
just got last broadcast in the mail, and its yards better than alien abduction ,though with a laclustre ending, but how else could it have ended?, side from the real jersey devil?...actually that might have been better.

still prefer the blair witch project though me-self, though its one of my all time favs'.:)

_liam_
05-Dec-2006, 02:07 PM
yeah i know admitting you like blair witch project is a bit like admitting you like marilyn manson,but i do.

it's like cannibal holocaust but has virtually no violence, the spooky noises in the woods are great, i like the black and white bits, even the credits are pretty spooky.

the sequel, however :barf: what were they thinking. stick to rockumentaries, berlinger! (no offence to dawg i know he likes it)

capncnut
05-Dec-2006, 03:45 PM
I know I will probably bear the brunt of the 'Wrath Of GAR' for this but I enjoyed Blair Witch. The only gripe I have was that it didn't work for me as a theatrical release. The pirate I had on video was the best version thus far because it actually looked like crappy camcorder s**t that was found in the woods. Not that I'm advocating the sale of bootlegged movies mind. :D

Danny
05-Dec-2006, 06:10 PM
i dont care waht anyone says, the blair witch project is one of the all time horror greats, its just that its been parodied so much its kinda looked upon like a joke....which is ironic considering that damn book of shadows, which didnt have any sort of book in it at all. though since ive started this thread you may guess i love thsi sort of horror movie, id love to make one myself but theres nothing that aint been done before...though thats true with everying right?

if you aint seen it, check it out, and be prepared to say "wtf" at the end of the movie.

so liam, cap'n, whats your view, was it josh gone homocidal, the witch or deliverance style "local colour"?

capncnut
05-Dec-2006, 06:17 PM
I just followed the legend and assumed it was the witch but now that you mention it, the Josh going psycho theory is quite plausible. I haven't seen this movie for years so maybe I should refresh my memory and give it another spin.

Danny
05-Dec-2006, 06:28 PM
i opened my case earlier and to my horror discovered it empty, ive never lost a dvd before so im pissed:mad:

_liam_
05-Dec-2006, 09:05 PM
same thing has happened to mine!!! :shifty: spooky.

i prefer to not think about what it was, that way you get into the characters mood a bit easier.i lean towards thinking it was the supernatural though. although certainly not that thing toddmcfarlane designed as an action figure...

also i forgot, last broadcast was great stuff! bit harder to believe than blair witch - for about a zillionth of a second i thought BWP was real at the time..i was 13, okay?! - admittedly this was before i saw it - first movie snuck into :evil:

MikePizzoff
06-Dec-2006, 04:15 AM
i thought BWP was real at the time..i was 13, okay?

Liam, you're younger than me? I thought you were older by at least a few years. I was 15 (maybe 16) when The Blair Witch Project was released; summer of 1999.

_liam_
06-Dec-2006, 05:31 AM
yeah mate, i'm 20 at the moment. lucky for me cinema ushers thought i was older too :cool:

Danny
06-Dec-2006, 10:00 AM
same thing has happened to mine!!! :shifty: spooky.

i prefer to not think about what it was, that way you get into the characters mood a bit easier.i lean towards thinking it was the supernatural though. although certainly not that thing toddmcfarlane designed as an action figure...

its just the way the killer from the 50's put one victim facing in the corner while he killed the other and said the witch told him too was the bit that got me, maybe there was a witch but she was controlling josh?, maybe the twigs were a deer,he killed it and put the heart in a piece of his shirt, then ran off and screamed at night, luring them into the basement, dont know how he got the other guy to stand in the corner but then he "twated the girl around the head" to quote a freind of mine, but why?, and how could he get the other guy to stay in the corner?.

....still seems a leeeeetl supernatural to me.

yeah mate, i'm 20 at the moment. lucky for me cinema ushers thought i was older too :cool:

my brother was like 14 and not allowed into spiderman:lol: