PDA

View Full Version : Doctor Who Christmas Special Teaser

Cykotic
04-Dec-2006, 10:29 AM
Enjoy...

This is recorded at the Children in Need Concert in November.

L-cZI8VQwU4

MinionZombie
04-Dec-2006, 11:04 AM
Very cool clip there, I loved when he said "b'ave" ... hehe, me and my housemates used to say that constantly back at uni, ah memories...anyway, rockin' clip, look forward to seeing it on Xmas Day. :)

Danny
04-Dec-2006, 11:34 AM
why does he need to rush when its a freakin' time machine?!?, anyone else see the fault in there logic?

capncnut
04-Dec-2006, 08:30 PM
When I first saw the stills for The Christmas Invasion I wasn't too impressed but I gotta say that was class. Outstanding in fact.

_liam_
04-Dec-2006, 09:57 PM
nah it aint a time machine in the back to the future sense hellsing, every time they travel in time it's sort of dodgy, going back in time and stopping your dog from getting hit by a car can have universe threatening consequences etc.

the doctor breaks his people's primary law each week, he's been put on trial for it twice etc.

convenient eh, have the plot device of time travel without the potential dramtic redundancies that could create...

Cykotic
05-Dec-2006, 10:43 AM
the doctor breaks his people's primary law each week, he's been put on trial for it twice etc.

Twice? I can only remember "The Trial of the Time Lord". Would the other one be "The War Games"?

_liam_
05-Dec-2006, 11:21 AM
yep. except that time they found him guilty & executed him.

Cykotic
05-Dec-2006, 12:00 PM
They didn't execute him, they exiled him to Earth...

_liam_
05-Dec-2006, 12:16 PM
but before they exiled him they forced him to regenerate into the 3rd doctor, which is as good as execution seeing as you need to die to regenerate...

capncnut
05-Dec-2006, 03:37 PM
Uh-oh, I sense a big Whovian debate coming on. I think the best we can all do is stand aside and not mention Star Trek. :lol:

Danny
05-Dec-2006, 06:13 PM
oh snap ,too late, so who could kick the others ass, the cybercontroller or the borg queen?

*stands out the way of rabid fan boys as it begins...*:lol:

Kaos
07-Dec-2006, 12:13 AM
Would she figure that it wouldn't be a good idea to get into a cab with a guy wearing a Santa mask?

_liam_
07-Dec-2006, 12:36 AM
lol, doctor who assistants have intelligences comparable to girls in slasher movies, of course she wouldnt...

if i was in the tardis crew id just sit in the control room and watch the action on the scanner having a beer or something, sod going out there & risking life and limb for the purple skin gwarks of zarkalon or whatever..

capncnut
07-Dec-2006, 12:59 AM
if i was in the tardis crew id just sit in the control room and watch the action on the scanner having a beer or something, sod going out there & risking life and limb for the purple skin gwarks of zarkalon or whatever..

Aw, c'mon. If the TARDIS landed on Skaro, you're telling me you wouldn't be just a little bit curious? :rockbrow:

_liam_
07-Dec-2006, 01:21 AM
if it was the skaro from the 1966 movie with the groovy lighting and 60s chicks painted purple then yeah :D but if it was the depressing quarry from "destiny of the daleks" ...maaaaybe not ;)

Cykotic
08-Dec-2006, 10:53 AM
Ahh.. Doctor Who Fandom... there's nothing else like it!