PDA

View Full Version : Where to get good "body" props...

Pistolero Films
20-Mar-2006, 02:49 PM
Ya'know, the good ol' hand and foot? Fingers, ears, arms, entrails...etc.

Can anyone recommend a good, cheap supplier in Canada and the US?

Thanks!

Adrenochrome
20-Mar-2006, 02:53 PM
Why not do what Savini and others did? Invent your own.....find a way to make it look convincing. Start from scratch and master your own technique.

DjfunkmasterG
20-Mar-2006, 04:18 PM
Just google Body Part Movie Props...

Here is a little advice, and please don't take it the wrong way. All of us who are in production or whom have stuff in the can started out by googling everything we could think of and then some. Do a little collective research. We all had to do it at one point or another.

Cinemasecrets has some stuff and I know they supply to NBC and other studios when need be, so they would be a good start, but if you have a good make up artist have them cast an arm.

Deadman_Deluxe
20-Mar-2006, 04:31 PM
What DJ said ... go make friends with google!!!

livingdeadboy
20-Mar-2006, 08:16 PM
Ya'know, the good ol' hand and foot? Fingers, ears, arms, entrails...etc.

Can anyone recommend a good, cheap supplier in Canada and the US?

Thanks!

I usually make my own entrails and such.I find the best method, is pasta is womens panty hose. You cover it in blood and it is very disgusting, for an added edible effect, throw some strawberry jello in there as well. As for body parts, sometimes you can find some really great ones at local costumes shops. Actually dude, there is an awesome place in Toronto called Amazing Party and Costumes, and they are usually pretty stacked with some kick ass body parts. Ecspecially during the Halloween season, but they should have some kicking around right now. Let me know if you find anything good, we can swap body parts during production:p

Pistolero Films
21-Mar-2006, 02:44 AM
Google is great for searches, but lacks the advice I was searching for here.

Livingdeadboy -

Thanks for the entrail tip. That sounds like it will work perfectly. I will contact the supply store in TO and see what they have. The locals have nothing of interest here. Once I'm done, for sure we can swap and film each other's body parts. OK, that just sounded way to perverted.

:lol:

DjfunkmasterG
21-Mar-2006, 11:10 AM
I usually make my own entrails and such.I find the best method, is pasta is womens panty hose. You cover it in blood and it is very disgusting, for an added edible effect, throw some strawberry jello in there as well. As for body parts, sometimes you can find some really great ones at local costumes shops. Actually dude, there is an awesome place in Toronto called Amazing Party and Costumes, and they are usually pretty stacked with some kick ass body parts. Ecspecially during the Halloween season, but they should have some kicking around right now. Let me know if you find anything good, we can swap body parts during production:p

Thanks for the Entrail info dude! I will try that out. You deserve some rep for that.

Hey pistolero,

I googled Movie Prop Body Parts and I found a ton of stuff including shops. Also, try eBay. Believe it or not they have a lot of stuff you would never think to look for on there! funny ole world... ain't it? :lol:

Deadman_Deluxe
22-Mar-2006, 03:27 PM
To date i have sourced about 95% of my body parts on eBay ... it's also pretty useful for picking up most things related if you are working to a tight budget, and don't bother asking about the other 5% :skull: