PDA

View Full Version : Deadscapes Forum @ HPOTD

Cereval
06-Dec-2006, 04:22 PM
http://www.preciousnightmare.com/archive/Look/2006/November/112506_03.jpg

I just wanted to publicly thank Neil for hosting this forum for Deadscapes. My tenure at HPOTD kind of waned over the past year, but I still view my ties to this site in consideration for the almost half-decade I've been around here. I look forward to sharing thoughts and general banter with everyone concerning my little project. I'll be posting pics, clips and breaking news right here in addition to Precious Nightmare (http://preciousnightmare.com/Index.php?mode=viewcat&cat_id=6) and the official Deadscapes site (http://www.preciousnightmare.com/deadscapes/index.asp). So from one zombie fan to all the others, welcome to the forum and feel free to post thoughts, reviews, and other such things here.

Kristofer Velasquez
AKA Cereval
Deadscapes Director

MinionZombie
06-Dec-2006, 06:11 PM
Kickass man. :thumbsup::)

Neil
06-Dec-2006, 08:30 PM
My pleasure...

Deadman_Deluxe
06-Dec-2006, 08:46 PM
Say ... can i get a ... Who0ot Who0ot!?! ;)

deadwrtr
07-Dec-2006, 07:32 AM
going to use any of the footage you shot from CTD in your new film? Maybe some panoramic shots of the zombs on the march? Could be some good stuff in there... and some of us still want to see what you've done with CTD, finished or not. :)

Cereval
07-Dec-2006, 10:47 PM
going to use any of the footage you shot from CTD in your new film? Maybe some panoramic shots of the zombs on the march? Could be some good stuff in there... and some of us still want to see what you've done with CTD, finished or not. :)

Well, the powers that be (more like "wish they were") would discourage such a thing. As an unfortunate turn of events proved in back in September, there are still a lot of open wounds concerning CTD. In hobbyist form and for editing practicum, I edited together about 20 minutes of footage from CTD back in the Fall (3 scenes). I haphazardly put the clips online in my YouTube account (which bears my production company logo). When a few of the formers from CTD discovered this, the initial impression was that I was going it alone and continuing the project - without giving credit, without consultation, and under my production company. Of course, this was not my intention. I can't say this response wasn't warranted, but the exchange that followed became was (to put it lightly) disgusting. In the end, I decided to seal the CTD coffin for good.

So, short story long, although I'd love to use some of the great footage acquired from that project, it's not going to happen. And the finished scenes will ne'er see the light of day. Unless you come over to my house. Then I'll gladly screen it for you. Maybe. :shifty:

MinionZombie
08-Dec-2006, 10:33 AM
Damn that sucks to hear what happened. Geez, some people need to take a chill pill, just putting up a couple of scenes for the fans to have a look-see, since when was that a crime against mankind? :(

And CTD was looking sh*t-hot too...is CTD the filmmaker forum's own original Day script? ... The link is incredibly tenuous, but you know what I mean...a damn shame, was lookin' rather rockin' - but screw it - roll on Deadscapes 2, show them who's boss! :)

Cereval
08-Dec-2006, 01:17 PM
Damn that sucks to hear what happened. Geez, some people need to take a chill pill, just putting up a couple of scenes for the fans to have a look-see, since when was that a crime against mankind? :(

And CTD was looking sh*t-hot too...is CTD the filmmaker forum's own original Day script? ... The link is incredibly tenuous, but you know what I mean...a damn shame, was lookin' rather rockin' - but screw it - roll on Deadscapes 2, show them who's boss! :)

It's a sad thing. All bullsh*t aside, a lot of hard work was put into that project. But eventually it became a vicious tug of war. In hindsight, I should've been more assertive. I was a little to eager to share, which ended up blurring the line of ownership. Never again.

Original Day script? :o I dunno about that. But read for yourself (http://www.preciousnightmare.com/cgi-bin/emAlbum.cgi?c=download;p=Watch/Circling%20The%20Drain;f=circlingthedrain.pdf) and you decide. I was very proud of what I wrote and what we were doing. If it came to fruition, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't disappoint.

But Circling the Drain is the past, Deadscapes is the now. Sadly I don't have the capital I did for the previous, but as indie always proves, you don't need money to make a good flick.

MinionZombie
08-Dec-2006, 05:50 PM
Indeed, Deadscapes is the now and that's what matters most! :)

Indeed, it's a shame, but I guess these things happen now and then, and very true, money doesn't mean quality ... just look at Armageddon. :D

Heck, I've been making shorts on literally f*ck all cash ... and hopefully they're at least passable as decent entertainment ... ... *starts fishing for compliments* :lol::p

zombie04
10-Dec-2006, 01:36 AM
Cereval, I don't want to say that what happened on CTD was for the best because I really really really wanted to see it and it seems you got the sh*t end of a sh*t deal, but I wish you all the best on Deadscapes and all that follows and I look forward to viewing your work soon.

HLS
10-Dec-2006, 06:54 PM
Well I just got threw watching Deadscapes and I must say good job!It was better than I anticipated. I loved the soundtrack which fitted the mood of the movie and the fact that it was filmed in black and white made it all that more special. I am a big fan of the old black and white classics from the 50's+

Cereval
10-Dec-2006, 09:51 PM
Well I just got threw watching Deadscapes and I must say good job!It was better than I anticipated. I loved the soundtrack which fitted the mood of the movie and the fact that it was filmed in black and white made it all that more special. I am a big fan of the old black and white classics from the 50's+

Thanks! I'm always glad to un-disappoint! :shifty: :skull:

HLS
10-Dec-2006, 09:59 PM
Thanks! I'm always glad to un-disappoint! :shifty: :skull:

Bwaaaa. That almost confused me. lol :eek:

Cereval
11-Dec-2006, 01:35 PM
Cereval, I don't want to say that what happened on CTD was for the best because I really really really wanted to see it and it seems you got the sh*t end of a sh*t deal, but I wish you all the best on Deadscapes and all that follows and I look forward to viewing your work soon.

It is what it is (or was what it was). Chalk it up to one hell of a learning experience. Thanks for the words of encouragement. :)

Debbieangel
19-Dec-2006, 01:30 AM
I heard Deadscapes was really good! Would it be possible for me to get a copy of your film? I would love to see it!! Thanks!

Cereval
19-Dec-2006, 01:54 AM
I heard Deadscapes was really good! Would it be possible for me to get a copy of your film? I would love to see it!! Thanks!

:) Well, there are still a few free VCDs (http://www.preciousnightmare.com/deadscapes/vcd.htm) left or you can order the DVD from Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Deadscapes-Broken-Road/dp/B000J6H1B6/sr=8-1/qid=1166496593/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-0490310-5709667?ie=UTF8&s=dvd). Please let me know what you think ...

Debbieangel
19-Dec-2006, 03:24 AM
:) Well, there are still a few free VCDs (http://www.preciousnightmare.com/deadscapes/vcd.htm) left or you can order the DVD from Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Deadscapes-Broken-Road/dp/B000J6H1B6/sr=8-1/qid=1166496593/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-0490310-5709667?ie=UTF8&s=dvd). Please let me know what you think ...

Thanks alot! I heard it's AWESOME and wanted to check it out!!!
Good luck on Deadscapes II!!!

Cereval
19-Dec-2006, 03:34 AM
Thanks alot! I heard it's AWESOME and wanted to check it out!!!
Good luck on Deadscapes II!!!

I dunno about awesome ... but fellow fans seem to like it. :o Thanks! ;)

capncnut
19-Dec-2006, 10:16 PM
I dunno about awesome...

I don't know about awesome either but it's pretty f**kin' good nonetheless. As for Deadscapes II, are there any story tidbits you can share with us yet or is it a proper top secret 'hush-hush' type job?

Cereval
20-Dec-2006, 10:57 PM
I don't know about awesome either but it's pretty f**kin' good nonetheless. As for Deadscapes II, are there any story tidbits you can share with us yet or is it a proper top secret 'hush-hush' type job?

Thanks dude! :evil:

As for the storyline ... I really don't want to give too much away. But being the kind of fan I am, it's safe to assume it won't be the traditional zombie romp. Deadscapes II has an intriguing twist on the night the dead rise, this being a storyline concerning a serial killer. :sneaky: :rockbrow: :shifty: :skull:

It'll be an exciting trip, one which I promise hasn't been seen before.

capncnut
21-Dec-2006, 12:06 AM
Serial killer? Sounds interesting mon.

MinionZombie
21-Dec-2006, 10:08 AM
Indeed, I'm digging the serial killer in a zombie outbreak idea, noiiice. :thumbsup::cool:

Debbieangel
17-Jan-2007, 12:41 AM
I got the VCD last week and am watching it for the second time right now! I really enjoyed it! I could really see all the hard work you and your crew put into the film.
I love the storyline, I liked the twist at the end...good story telling!!!
Good luck on Deadscapes 2 I will be there to see it too!
I will be impatiently waiting for it to be filmed! lol
Thanks for the VCD!!!!

Cereval
17-Jan-2007, 02:33 AM
I got the VCD last week and am watching it for the second time right now! I really enjoyed it! I could really see all the hard work you and your crew put into the film.
I love the storyline, I liked the twist at the end...good story telling!!!
Good luck on Deadscapes 2 I will be there to see it too!
I will be impatiently waiting for it to be filmed! lol
Thanks for the VCD!!!!

That's awesome. I'm really glad you enjoyed it. Hopefully Deadscapes II will be better in every aspect - stay tuned! :)

capncnut
09-Feb-2007, 03:39 AM
Just wanted to keep this one going by asking about the music for Deadscapes II. I take it you'll be composing a new score from fresh so I wondered if you planned on doing anything different with the soundtrack. Also will the 'main theme' from I (LOL) be making a return also.

Cereval
09-Feb-2007, 03:53 AM
Just wanted to keep this one going by asking about the music for Deadscapes II. I take it you'll be composing a new score from fresh so I wondered if you planned on doing anything different with the soundtrack. Also will the 'main theme' from I (LOL) be making a return also.

Yeah, I've already been thinking about this one. For the next score, I'll be going for a little less 80s Carpenter and a little more ethereal and moody. The first one was heavily inspired by a combination of Carpenter / Zombi / John Harrison. In conception, I think I'll be shooting for a more contemporary sound; thick atmosphere and haunting melodic stuff.

As for the main theme ... I think I might leave that as the 'Broken Road' theme. I wrote a considerably different intro credit sequence to this one and it wouldn't work with the first one. Plus that story has a different feel to it and I think the music complimented it - I'd like this to be true for future episodes.

For anyone interested in having a listen (those who don't own Broken Road), the tracks are online HERE (http://www.preciousnightmare.com/cgi-bin/emAlbum.cgi?c=show_thumbs;p=Listen/Broken%20Road).

DjfunkmasterG
09-Feb-2007, 10:46 AM
Nice stuff... I felt a heavy John Harrison influence in those tracks, and some Carpenter. Nice work on the music.

capncnut
15-Feb-2007, 11:48 PM
I think I'll be shooting for a more contemporary sound; thick atmosphere and haunting melodic stuff.

Sounds interesting. I'm looking forward to it already.