PDA

View Full Version : Dimebag Darrell RIP

_liam_
08-Dec-2006, 06:03 PM
2 years today. can you believe that? madness.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f92/_liam_/dimebag.jpg

Danny
08-Dec-2006, 07:24 PM
never heard of him.

Deadman_Deluxe
08-Dec-2006, 07:37 PM
never heard of him.

When your real life kicks in ... you will.

RIP DIMEBAG.

_liam_
08-Dec-2006, 07:42 PM
Jesus hellsing, how can you listen to HIM and not know the mighty PANTERA!?! call yourself a longhair?! ;)

sort it out!

check these pantera tracks out;

Domination

Cemetary Gates

****ing Hostile

Becoming

Where you come from

happy headbangin' hellsing, CFH FOREVER! AIIIEEEEEE :evil:

Danny
08-Dec-2006, 08:44 PM
oh right ,pantera i know, but i dont know the names of any people from any bands so it justs not worth asking with me, cept salsh and alex rose, cus we all know axel rose is a wanker and slash is the biggest ego stroker of all time.:lol:

capncnut
08-Dec-2006, 08:44 PM
For the uninitiated, Dimebag was the guitarist of two s**t kickin' groups called Pantera and Damageplan. Two years ago, some twat turned up at a Damageplan concert and shot Dimebag in mid-performance. His death was felt immensely within the metal community and just about every singer and musician remotely linked to rock has posted tributes on this guy praising his legendary guitar skills.

R.I.P. DIME

Now lets have a one minute silence...

...you are now permitted to rock! :evil:

C5XfyPFfBqM

coma
08-Dec-2006, 09:05 PM
Jesus hellsing, how can you listen to HIM and not know the mighty PANTERA!?! call yourself a longhair?! ;)

sort it out!

check these pantera tracks out;

Domination

Cemetary Gates

****ing Hostile

Becoming

Where you come from

happy headbangin' hellsing, CFH FOREVER! AIIIEEEEEE :evil:

You forgot the Mighty WALK

After I this I tuned my Guitar down to D with a dropped C and raged for a while
Oh yeah!
Chunka chunka chunka weeeee

MikePizzoff
08-Dec-2006, 09:08 PM

Liam how dare you associate HIM with us headbangers!!!!!!!!

RIP Diamond Darrell Abbott.

coma
08-Dec-2006, 10:19 PM
Liam how dare you associate HIM with us headbangers!!!!!!!!

RIP Diamond Darrell Abbott.
I was curious and went to their sight and heard
Vsti Pianos
Major Key melodies
Pop style Choppy distorted Gtrs,
How is that metal
or even metalSIH?
Doesnt mean its bad, but their is no relationship sonically or in spirit.

_liam_
08-Dec-2006, 10:29 PM
I was curious and went to their sight and heard
Vsti Pianos
Major Key melodies
Pop style Choppy distorted Gtrs,
How is that metal
or even metalSIH?
Doesnt mean its bad, but their is no relationship sonically or in spirit.

lol indeed mike & coma, i gave up the fight against HIM a while back, people who like them REALLY like them and wont back down!

if it makes you feel any better they got the crap pelted out of them at the legendary donnington metal festival last year :D

compare the number of fists in the air in the pit;

HIM
http://www.rock-sound.net/user_gallery/1123945423SAVE0079.JPG

Dragonforce (not my fave by undeniably metal)
http://www.onemetal.com/generic/images/download_06/DSCF0056-2%20(WinCE).jpg

(know its a bit of a crap pic, but the whole crowd had fists in the air & swords & axes and stuff, it was wild)

Danny
08-Dec-2006, 10:34 PM
lol indeed mike & coma, i gave up the fight against HIM a while back, people who like them REALLY like them and wont back down!

DAMN ****ING STRAIGHT!:lol:

as for HIM at download i saw it on kerrang cus i was too poor and when they started this massively obese skinhead with a goatee who looked like kerry king giving ville valo the finger:lol:

bassman
08-Dec-2006, 10:35 PM
I can understand why fans were hurt by the incident. It's really unfortunate that some c*nt shot the guy for no reason(if I remember correctly:rockbrow: ), but I really never found him to be THAT great of a guitarist. Still very sh*tty that some asshat shot him.

_liam_
08-Dec-2006, 10:46 PM
lol, fair play hellsing, having had to defend my interest in marilyn manson from the black metallers at school, i respect your willingness to stand up for a faggy goth band.

HOWEVER.

two words.

joy. division.

you aint heard goth till youve seen a heavily medicated epileptic man exorcise his demons for your entertainment.

and ignore "love will tear us apart", it's crap.

Bassman - i'm just a retarded punk kid at the end of the day, my guitarist goes on about steve vai and arpeggios and stuff, and i have no idea what he means, what i do know is that pantera sound sufficiently different enough to other thrash bands to warrant mourning the guitarist's passing. also the jackass style videos they released were funny as hell and i LOVED that david allan coe album they did...

plus nobody does that "stepping on the cats tail" thing quite like dimebag did - see live version of "suicide note pt2" WOOOARGHHHH *kicks dog in face*

coma
08-Dec-2006, 11:11 PM
lol, fair play hellsing, having had to defend my interest in marilyn manson from the black metallers at school, i respect your willingness to stand up for a faggy goth band.

HOWEVER.

two words.

joy. division.

you aint heard goth till youve seen a heavily medicated epileptic man exorcise his demons for your entertainment.

faggy goth band.
Hehheh
Joy divion are cool but I had a singer who was way too obsessed with ALbrect (I think thats the singers name). Right down to the prodigious dope.:confused:
Could be worse for you guys.When I was 19 Bon Jovi and Poison were huge and Nirvana was still 3 years away.

_liam_
09-Dec-2006, 03:45 AM
LOL, sod that, although W.A.S.P are a guilty pleasure i would have liked to have seen in their prime... :evil:

Danny
09-Dec-2006, 01:06 PM
till youve seen a heavily medicated epileptic man exorcise his demons for your entertainment.

derek acora?:lol:

axlish
09-Dec-2006, 01:21 PM
I think that musicians mourned Dimebag's passing because he was a musician, and it was a tragic way to go, not because he was super-talented at the guitar. A majority of the guys who play metal based music would step aside and give props to the real guitar talents (the likes of Hendrix, Vaughn, Page etc.). Dimebag did not suck, but he will never be talked about as one of the better guitar players. That said, RIP Dimebag. No one should go out like that.

DVW5150
11-Dec-2006, 12:29 AM
Bassman 311 wrote :" I can understand why fans were hurt by the incident. It's really unfortunate that some c*nt shot the guy for no reason(if I remember correctly ), but I really never found him to be THAT great of a guitarist. Still very sh*tty that some asshat shot him."
Yes , it really sucks he got shot . I liked his playing alot . Aparently , the guy that shot him was angry because he claimed to have wrote alot of songs that Darrel played , and got no royalties ...I could be wrong .:shifty:

capncnut
11-Dec-2006, 12:33 AM
Aparently , the guy that shot him was angry because he claimed to have wrote alot of songs that Darrel played , and got no royalties ...I could be wrong .:shifty:

I read exactly the same thing DVW.

coma
11-Dec-2006, 12:33 AM
Aparently , the guy that shot him was angry because he claimed to have wrote alot of songs that Darrel played , and got no royalties ...I could be wrong .:shifty:
From what I know, The Killer was pissed that Pantera broke up amd the Singer ,Phil Anselmo, blamed Dimebagfor the breakup and said he needed a beating. Anselmo neglected to mention that he himself was a junkie and a total asshole and made the band wait around for long periods of time until he felt like working.

ProfessorChaos
11-Dec-2006, 12:38 AM
I read that the guy who killed him was a former Marine who blamed Dimebag for Panter's downfall.

MikePizzoff
12-Dec-2006, 11:44 AM
I read that the guy who killed him was a former Marine who blamed Dimebag for Pantera's downfall.

Yeah, I believe that is the correct scenario, as I've read interviews with people that were upfront/backstage at that show and could hear what the guy was saying. What a demented piece of shiv.

_liam_
12-Dec-2006, 02:12 PM
yeah apparently he was a section 28 or whatever they call them

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathan_Gale

capncnut
12-Dec-2006, 02:31 PM
Damn, that kid took a 12 gauge Remington shotgun blast to the face. Talk about 'shoot to kill.' :eek:

Here's Phil Anselmo's take on things.

dKg6JhnzfFw

Chaos
13-Dec-2006, 12:24 AM
My best friend is a graphic artist and on his myspace page, he made a little flash cartoon of some psycho stick figure climbing up on stage and blowing Dimebag's brains out during the concert. Suffice to say, my friend ended up with over a hundred death threats over his little stunt.

The moral of the story is: Beware of little emo-teen Dimebag fans! :D

_liam_
13-Dec-2006, 12:36 AM
lol @ that, but emo dimebag fans? nah, most of them are cut from this kinda mould;
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h173/1pantera_fan/ssElk.jpg

woulda thought pantera was too masculine & aggressive for that lot!

Chaos
13-Dec-2006, 12:39 AM
lol @ that, but emo dimebag fans? nah, most of them are cut from this kinda mould;
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h173/1pantera_fan/ssElk.jpg

woulda thought pantera was too masculine & aggressive for that lot!

So they're complete jackasses then? :lol:

Danny
13-Dec-2006, 11:21 PM
yeah, is that steve-o.