PDA

View Full Version : Day of the Dead Question...

Cykotic
20-Mar-2006, 05:19 PM
I found this on IMDB

There is a debatable scene in the film where Bub the zombie may or may not have another line of dialogue. When Sarah enters Logan's lab, she is startled when Bub emerges from the shadows behind her. After this, he moans something that some fans believe is, "I'm sorry."

What do you think???

EvilNed
20-Mar-2006, 06:10 PM
Definetly not. I mean, despite what fans said, Bub didn't even say "Hello, Aunt Elizh" in my book. It was just moans that vaguely resembled what Logan told him to say.

Dawg
20-Mar-2006, 08:45 PM
That was the whole point of that scene, to show that he was becoming more human and intelligent, something Logan loved, but something that Rhodes feared.

:dead: Dawg :skull:

EvilNed
20-Mar-2006, 09:15 PM
There were just vague vowels. How can you say something if you just use vowels (and no Dubya jokes)? Bub tried to imitate Logan, I'll give him that, but he didn't actually say what Logan wanted him to say...

BlueRoseRomeo
21-Mar-2006, 01:13 AM
Bub Is My Hero!
Bub Rules!

jdog
21-Mar-2006, 01:29 AM
Bub Is My Hero!
Bub Rules!
bub is the man!
my favorite zombie by far!

MoonSylver
21-Mar-2006, 09:33 PM
It's possible....Howard Sherman has said in the past that he was kind of "channeling" Bub's dialog. For example: When Logan removes his headphones he articulates SOMETHING that if you listen damn close sounds like "I ain't done yet", but when Howard saw it, he had no memory of it. It could all be a subconscious type thing.

Protuberance
22-Mar-2006, 01:33 AM
I definitely don't think he said, "I'm sorry." At that point he couldn't think like that. In order for him to say something he needed to be trained and anytime he did, he was mimicking Dr. Logan. I'm sure we can sit here and interpret a bunch of zombie talk, especially Bub's.

BlueRoseRomeo
22-Mar-2006, 03:26 AM
I think they made bub almost like a pet in the movie...like he was a dog. Which i think as the point.

I want a Bub for President Tshirt!

I will say this...I liked land of the dead and I like Big Daddy'd part but he no no way anything like BUB...he was more of a depressed teenager version of Bub.

AceHole
22-Mar-2006, 07:02 AM
I think they made bub almost like a pet in the movie...like he was a dog. Which i think as the point.

I want a Bub for President Tshirt!

I will say this...I liked land of the dead and I like Big Daddy'd part but he no no way anything like BUB...he was more of a depressed teenager version of Bub.

I think the real difference between Bub and"Big Daddy" is that Bub was trained by a human, and Big Daddy gained his intelligence naturally in the wild. This small difference could drastically (sp?) affect the far future (10+ years) of the Romero zombie universe.

falcon
22-Mar-2006, 10:10 PM
I think the real difference between Bub and"Big Daddy" is that Bub was trained by a human, and Big Daddy gained his intelligence naturally in the wild. This small difference could drastically (sp?) affect the far future (10+ years) of the Romero zombie universe.

I think the real difference between Bub and "Big Daddy" is that Bub was played effectively by a great character actor who understood the role and "Big Daddy" wasn't. That is not to say I did not like Land, I just think “Big Daddy” displayed too much emotion,which I don't relate to evolution. In regard to the original question I tend to think he made more of a sorrowful moan than actually spoke any dialogue.

BlueRoseRomeo
23-Mar-2006, 02:54 AM
Maybe they tried to hard to make another Bub type character?

Zombieapocalypse
23-Mar-2006, 08:15 PM
Bub never actually spoke, but what he did not say he made up for with movements and expressions. Bub was and still is by far the smartest of his kind.

I vote a movie is put into production about his life before and during his infection period up to the point he was captured and placed under "Dr. Frankensteins" (Richard Liberty) supervision.:D

jdog
23-Mar-2006, 11:03 PM
i think bub spoke. it was rehersed with him by doc logan but he still spoke.

Skold
24-Mar-2006, 12:04 AM
Hello Aunt Alicia

KrasnyOktyabr
24-Mar-2006, 12:25 AM
It could be that Logan got Bub to imitate him, in the same way a bird can learn to imitate words after hearing them enough, but I'd like to think Bub spoke. Perhaps he didn't know exactly what he was saying, but that he realised he was saying something.

HLS
24-Mar-2006, 05:02 AM
Now I need to watch it and see for myself.:D