PDA

View Full Version : Watched Slither tonight.

Tied2thetracks
10-Dec-2006, 10:30 AM
It was corny but enjoyable. Was this supposed to be a remake or was it just a ripoff of night of the creeps?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091630/

Plot Outline: Alien brain parasites, entering humans through the mouth, turn their host into a killing zombie. Some teenagers start to fight against them.

capncnut
10-Dec-2006, 11:48 AM
Night Of The Creeps is a classic movie!

ssbib
10-Dec-2006, 11:55 AM
I know this aint a zombie movie but is there a TYPE of zombie in it at all?

MinionZombie
10-Dec-2006, 12:33 PM
Slither was enjoyable, but it was far, far, faaaaarrrr from original. Night of the Creeps and Shivers being the main points of interest for James Gunn & co to rip off - the bath scene being the main gripe for me, Cronenburg did that 30-frickin'-years-ago!!!

It was a daft kind of movie, but at least it wasn't a remake (despite being rather derivative), so it was okay ... nothing special, moments of laughs and the odd smattering of fun, but I don't think it's worthy of a DVD purchase. It just feels too teenager-pandering and too MTV friendly and too Hollywood, too polished and slick...

HLS
10-Dec-2006, 01:21 PM
Well it seemed like a remake of the night of the creeps. I do consider slither a zombie flick in a sorts or a zombie like flick. The people were walking dead i assume but the big difference they were controlled like a puppet.
I thought it was a funny movie dispite it was a rip off of other movies.

MinionZombie
10-Dec-2006, 05:55 PM
Zombies? Hmmm ... I never really thought it was a zombie movie, a mutant movie more like - e.g. Michael Rooker's character. It's all aliens, at best the victims of the slithering bug things are figurative zombies - possessed, controlled by an alien being...can't remember the movie all that well, didn't leave an impression, but if they die after the alien being has evacuated the body and said body remains dead, it still doesn't mean zombies.

At best, they're figurative zombies.

Neil
10-Dec-2006, 07:22 PM
I quite enjoyed it... I'll go out of my way to see anything with Nathan Fillion in :)

HLS
10-Dec-2006, 08:19 PM
I quite enjoyed it... I'll go out of my way to see anything with Nathan Fillion in :)

You have good taste. Something about Slither you just have to love. It is almost so silly its genius.

Mutineer
10-Dec-2006, 08:29 PM
Slither was enjoyable, but it was far, far, faaaaarrrr from original. Night of the Creeps and Shivers being the main points of interest for James Gunn & co to rip off - the bath scene being the main gripe for me, Cronenburg did that 30-frickin'-years-ago!!!

It was a daft kind of movie, but at least it wasn't a remake (despite being rather derivative), so it was okay ... nothing special, moments of laughs and the odd smattering of fun, but I don't think it's worthy of a DVD purchase. It just feels too teenager-pandering and too MTV friendly and too Hollywood, too polished and slick...

Totally agree

I thought I read where GUNN had suggested that he had never seen Night of the Ceeps; bull****e

Total rip off and Creeps was better ! :mad: :cool: