PDA

View Full Version : Dear God Not Another Remake!! Yikes

HLS
11-Dec-2006, 02:09 AM
Hollywood gone and did it again. When I saw Apocolypto(sp?) they played the remake trailor of THE HITCHER that is comeing out in 2007. Why oh why!?!?!?!? At leat they casted Sean Bean who I am a big fan of. but still. DO NOT MESS WITH PERFECTION!

The 1986 version with Rutger Haurer and C. Thomas howell was just perfect as it is. No remake needed. UGHHHHHHH!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0455960/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091209/

Mutineer
11-Dec-2006, 02:50 AM
I loved the orginal but i think it is far from untouchable. Bring it on!

HLS
11-Dec-2006, 03:29 AM
I loved the orginal but i think it is far from untouchable. Bring it on!

THAT IS BLASPHEMOUS!

LOL J/K:D :o

Mutineer
11-Dec-2006, 06:32 AM
But it is a damn good movie ! :D :p

capncnut
11-Dec-2006, 09:01 AM
Okay, here's the trailer and it looks impressive.

R4gGJIPkIAQ&mode=related&search=

Terran
11-Dec-2006, 09:17 AM
Looks like from the trailer that they switched the male and female roles from the original movie....

Sean Bean is cool and all but hes just not as menacing as Rutger Hauer .....Rutger Hauer is the BOMB!!

Danny
11-Dec-2006, 12:51 PM
god damn, now it may be a good film, but what happenned to being origional this is worse than plagarism in my book "oh we cant think of movie ideas ourselves, thats too hard, so we thought wed just use comic books and movies from the 70's and 80's and 're-envision them', just like lucas with the star wars trilogy...and the other 3":lol:

id love to see em make a 00's version of the breakfast club, with the chav, the emo kid, the kappa slapper, those shermer illunois fans would freak:D

bassman
11-Dec-2006, 12:55 PM
I still don't understand why people around here continue to be surprised about remakes. You should be used to/expecting them at this point.:confused:

capncnut
11-Dec-2006, 05:09 PM
id love to see em make a 00's version of the breakfast club, with the chav, the emo kid, the kappa slapper, those shermer illunois fans would freak:D

I'm amazed it hasn't been done yet. :lol:

bassman
11-Dec-2006, 05:14 PM
Actually, I've read that there is a producer looking to make a good portion of John Hughes' "Brat Pack" flicks.:rolleyes:

Eyebiter
11-Dec-2006, 05:41 PM
The Hitcher 2 was really bad. Expect more of the same from the remake.

Danny
11-Dec-2006, 05:54 PM
Actually, I've read that there is a producer looking to make a good portion of John Hughes' "Brat Pack" flicks.:rolleyes:

id like to see a kevin smith take on the breakfast club, i reckon it be the saem, but with a bit more swearing.

and morris day adn the time:lol:

capncnut
11-Dec-2006, 06:41 PM
With Jason Mewes as Bender.

"Shut up bitch! Go fetch me a turkey pot pie, nootch." :lol:

_liam_
11-Dec-2006, 07:18 PM
lol @ kevin smith's breakfast club, i remember reading a kevin smith comic where jay & sb go on a quest to find shermer illinois :lol:

there's also remakes of the thing. the blob and invasion of the body snatchers on the way...maybe i should just grow up but that **** makes me angry...these remakes invariably suck and befoul the good names of the originals, putting people off seeing them and further consigning them to the history books.

bah!

Danny
11-Dec-2006, 07:23 PM
With Jason Mewes as Bender.

"Shut up bitch! Go fetch me a turkey pot pie, nootch." :lol:

id watch it:lol: