PDA

View Full Version : Die Hard 4 - Oh dear?

Neil
15-Dec-2006, 11:49 AM
Has it all gone overboard and "Transportery"?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ztfShRH5YYw

Cykotic
15-Dec-2006, 11:52 AM
Oh, I am looking forward to this!

MinionZombie
15-Dec-2006, 11:59 AM
I can see why you might say "Transportery", but I don't think it's quite there - it's certainly not spinning your car in mid-air past a crane which unhooks the bomb attached to the underside of your Audi. :lol:

It's been a good long while since Die Hard was reigned supreme, action has gone leaps and bounds further, especially with The Matrix fallout, so everything just gets bigger and bigger. I think they're on the borderline judging from that trailer, but hopefully the right side of said line.

Nonetheless, I'm looking forward to it ... even if the title is a bit naff - yes, "live" is the antonym to "die", but since when was "free" the antonym to "hard"?

Mind you, Live Floppy or Die Hard doesn't quite have the same boner-inducing cock-rocking-ness does it? :D

bassman
15-Dec-2006, 12:01 PM
John McClane is back, mother f*ckers!

I'm not sure what to think of the action yet. Some of it was Die Hard-ish, but then some of it was a bit extreme. I was worried about the "Underworld" guy directing this and that dude from "Dodgeball".....but it looks like it could be great.

And what the f*ck is up with the leather jacket? What? No dirty white tank top with his under arm gun holster? That's one of the trademarks of the series....

capncnut
15-Dec-2006, 12:41 PM
*yawns* :bored:

bassman
16-Jan-2007, 09:13 PM
*yawns* :bored:

Not a fan of the Die Hard series?:p

I just read that Kevin Smith apparently has a roll in the film. I don't know what to think of this.....

MinionZombie
16-Jan-2007, 09:25 PM
Die Hard 4 is gonna be a tough call to make without seeing it methinks.

Remember Lethal Weapon 4? It just isn't 1 through 3 is it? (spare me the Land analogy here all you Land haters out there :rockbrow:)

I was reading about the Smith cameo/small role in his blog, sounds interesting. Hopefully it won't be one of those cameos that stick out like a sore thumb (speaking of Smith, have you seen the trailer for Catch & Release? I wanna see it, but just for the Smith supporting role :D).

Like I said when I saw the trailer, I'm in both minds about it - on one hand it looks kick ass (the Brucie stare) but on the other it might look a bit over cooked, a little too sensational (i.e. not believable enough - e.g. Transporter 2 and the bomb/crane hook mid-air car spin carry-on).

Hmmm...regardless - bring it on bitch!

bassman
16-Jan-2007, 11:32 PM
I like Lethal Weapon 4, man. Chris Rock could have been kicked out, but other than that I liked it.

With the Lethal Weapon flicks, the first is the best and the other three are all about on the same level for me. The first is better probably because it was Riggs at his craziest. "You wanna jump? DO YA?? LETS DO IT....LETS JUMP!":lol:

I'm a bit skeptical about the "I f*ck Kate Beckinsale" guy(bastard:mad:) directing the next Die Hard, but being that it's the series that brought Willis into the scene, I doubt he'll let it go horribly wrong. And McTiernan is producing....so there's still hope.

MikePizzoff
17-Jan-2007, 12:56 AM
I didn't get to see the trailer because YouTube was forced to take it down. I am looking forward to Die Hard 4, though. Yipee-kay-yay mutha farker!

_liam_
17-Jan-2007, 01:50 AM
Not a fan of the Die Hard series?:p

I just read that Kevin Smith apparently has a roll in the film. I don't know what to think of this.....

smith is a massive die hard fan. i think it's one of his all time faves, he wrote a blog that was too long for me to be arsed with reading about how great it is.

dunno about this, what with rocky 6, terminator 4, rambo 4 (or whatever), is this the decade of the 80s hardmen's last hurrahs?

capncnut
17-Jan-2007, 04:53 AM
I just read that Kevin Smith apparently has a roll in the film.

Oh yeah, what flavour? :rolleyes:

MinionZombie
17-Jan-2007, 10:28 AM
Cinnamin flavour ... little Now You Know DVD Q&A reference fer you lot there.

Liam - aye I scan read through that blog entry too, the guy is one dirty vest shy of flat out chugging on l'il Brucie if you ask me. :D

As long as the "come backs" are solid, then it's okay with me ... although Terminator 4 (which won't involve Arnie) is just going to choke on pole if that Jonathan "the Americans captured the enigma machine" Mostow has anything to do with it. A whole movie of crappy looking CGI endoskeletons? Sheesh...

DjfunkmasterG
17-Jan-2007, 10:52 AM
I am looking forward to Die Hard 4 regardless who directs it because it has Bruce back in his signature tough guy roll. I just wanna hear him say Yippeee Ki-Yay Mutherfu*ker one more time, and see him whoop someones ass. Out of all the die hard films, 1 and 3 are my favorite. 2, is ok, but is a little over the top for me. (Machine gun battle in the middle of an airport and no one hears it?... WTF?)

Bring back McClane one more time and send him out with a great hoorah! I hope at least when the film opens he is recovering from another hangover. That hangover gag in 3 was funny as hell. The whole movie all the poor bastard wanted was some aspirin. :D

MinionZombie
17-Jan-2007, 11:07 AM
I too loved the hang over gag in 3, and likewise 1 and 3 are my faves. 2 was good, but just didn't have the heart & soul of the first and third - most probably down to the fact that 1 and 3 were both directed by McTiernan.

I just hope that DH4 isn't dripping with too much MTV influence, you know, so it's "down with the kids" ... I still have 'Nam-style flashbacks about Jimmy Fallon and that awful Taxi remake *shudders* ... that film was dripping with MTV, I don't want the same for DH4...

...and nope, wasn't making a link between Taxi (USA) and DH4 ... just popped into my head with the MTV fear type thing...

bassman
17-Jan-2007, 12:53 PM
Oh yeah, what flavour? :rolleyes:

:rockbrow:
The typo was so important that you had to call it out? You didn't know what I was trying to say or are you just that bored?

Anyway....2 was definitely the least of the series. A decent movie in it's own right, but not a good as the first and third. My favorite things about 2 are the great villian(William Sadler), a few good jokes, and a Cholo has a small role.

"With a Vengeance" is loaded with great stuff. Mainly the comedy between Willis and Jackson. Golden.:thumbsup:

capncnut
17-Jan-2007, 07:20 PM
The typo was so important that you had to call it out? You didn't know what I was trying to say or are you just that bored?

It was a throwaway joke, requires no further analysis really. Geez, a little drunken 4am post and people think your'e trying to call 'em out. Damn. :confused:

bassman
17-Jan-2007, 07:42 PM
It was a throwaway joke, requires no further analysis really. Geez, a little drunken 4am post and people think your'e trying to call 'em out. Damn. :confused:

It's okay, man. I forgive you. Just don't let it happen again. Bitch.

:lol: :p

MinionZombie
17-Jan-2007, 08:48 PM
Damn straight! Capn - no ... NO! No drinky-drinky while posty-posty! :lol::lol::p

j/k

Ahhh ... I miss my drunken forum posts that I made back in the day ... and I'd ask if they were "legiclable". :D

HLS
17-Jan-2007, 09:21 PM
I am so tired of the die hard series but like a schmuck I will probably go and see it anyways:D

bassman
18-Jan-2007, 12:12 AM
I am so tired of the die hard series but like a schmuck I will probably go and see it anyways:D

What's to be afraid of? The first is friggin awesome. The second is quite mediocre. The third is REALLY friggin awesome.

As far as this director....I dunno. I just hope Bruce Willis and John McTiernan still have their heads in the right place...

DjfunkmasterG
18-Jan-2007, 11:20 AM
Ya know a nice little treat would be Zeus (Sam Jackson) making a quick cameo appearance. Although, just having a 4th die hard film makes me all giggly and 80's/90's action nostalgic all over again.

Lets face it, the Lethal Weapon films, and the Die Hard series defined the action comedy film genre. Of course Lethal Weapon is the standard every buddy cop film is judged against, and Die Hard is THE BE ALL END ALL standard of loner cop saving the world. If you intend to make films in this genre, you better do it right because you have a lot to live up too my friends.

bassman
18-Jan-2007, 11:55 AM
Ya know a nice little treat would be Zeus (Sam Jackson) making a quick cameo appearance. Although, just having a 4th die hard film makes me all giggly and 80's/90's action nostalgic all over again.

Lets face it, the Lethal Weapon films, and the Die Hard series defined the action comedy film genre. Of course Lethal Weapon is the standard every buddy cop film is judged against, and Die Hard is THE BE ALL END ALL standard of loner cop saving the world. If you intend to make films in this genre, you better do it right because you have a lot to live up too my friends.

You forgot the Beverly Hills Cop series. Well....more of the first and second, anyway. Those helped define the action/comedy flicks of the 80's and 90's...

And yeah....it would be really nice to see Zeus pop up somewhere. Willis and Jackson have alot of chemistry together. I'm thinking that Justin Long fella will have nothing.:confused:

"Yeah, Zeus. As in father of Apollo? Mt. Olympus? Don't **** with me or I'll shove a lightning bolt up your ass....Zeus!":lol:

capncnut
18-Jan-2007, 11:49 PM
You forgot the Beverly Hills Cop series. Well....more of the first and second, anyway. Those helped define the action/comedy flicks of the 80's and 90's...

Funny you should say that Bass, I saw Beverly Hills Cop 3 for the 3rd time the other day on cable and I don't think it's too bad. I enjoyed it. Damn, first T3 now BHC3, I think I got the 2nd sequel bug! :lol:

bassman
19-Jan-2007, 04:08 AM
Funny you should say that Bass, I saw Beverly Hills Cop 3 for the 3rd time the other day on cable and I don't think it's too bad. I enjoyed it. Damn, first T3 now BHC3, I think I got the 2nd sequel bug! :lol:

No....I wasn't saying that it's bad. It's an entertaining flick. It just isn't quite as good as the first two.

DjfunkmasterG
19-Jan-2007, 10:21 AM
Beverly Hills Cop 3 tried to hard to bea comedy. John Landis is a good director for films like the Blues Brothers or American Werewolf in London, but a bad choice for Beverly Hills Cop. The over the top performances and overall demeanor of the flick really took away the magic that was in the Beverly Hills Cop films. I thought 2 left a lot to be desired, but it was more action driven were as the first was a good mix of action and comedy.

There has been talk of a BHC4, and Tarantino offered to direct it if Eddie Murphy agreed to be Axel Foley one more time. I don't know if that was a rumor or true, but there was a lot of buzz about it last year. Eddie needs to stop doing the kid friendly flicks. I don't find him funny anymore in those films. The last film I thought not only showed Eddie could act but also be the good action star was Metro. It was a little slow paced at times, but it was pretty decent.

Kinda funny but Beverly Hills Cop is the only popular 80's action series that hasn't gotten a 4th film. If it does get to #4 I hope it is at least as decent as #2. Plus, with Rocky doing well at the Box office, it shows we all still have a soft spot for our 80's movies stars... cause quite frankly todays crop sucks ass and there really hasn't been an action film worth seeing in theaters in a long time.

capncnut
19-Jan-2007, 12:39 PM
There has been talk of a BHC4, and Tarantino offered to direct it if Eddie Murphy agreed to be Axel Foley one more time. I don't know if that was a rumor or true, but there was a lot of buzz about it last year.

The rumour was true. Tarantino has stated that if Murphy wants to play Foley again then he'd be more than happy to direct it. It was reported in a number of US/UK tabloids as well as 'E' Entertainment News and the internet.

bassman
04-Apr-2007, 02:10 PM
The full trailer is avaible HERE (http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/livefreeordiehard.html)

A better trailer than the first. At least it has the legendary quote and a shot of a grown, very hot Lucy Mclane.:p

EvilNed
04-Apr-2007, 03:15 PM
Die Hard shaped the modern action-comedy genre. The Die Hard series did not. The first film is the only one that's great. The second one is OK, one of Renny Harlins hits. The third one is also OK, with some really cool spots. But this looks, like someone said, too Transportey...

Add the obvious tiresome over-the-top patriotism that seems to be present (Bruce Willis being a supporter of the war and all that) and the fact that the Underworld films SUCKED HARD ASS, I don't have that high hopes for this film.

Neil
04-Apr-2007, 03:30 PM
But this looks, like someone said, too Transportey...

Me me me! That was me!

It does seem to be risking CGI rediculous/unbelievable action fest!

Tullaryx
04-Apr-2007, 03:44 PM
Well, tis a summer movie...I shall be there to see it. I can regen what braincells and IQ I lose during the fall movie season's award movies.

Danny
04-Apr-2007, 04:07 PM
The rumour was true. Tarantino has stated that if Murphy wants to play Foley again then he'd be more than happy to direct it. It was reported in a number of US/UK tabloids as well as 'E' Entertainment News and the internet.

*sniggers at the fact he watches e!*:p

DjfunkmasterG
04-Apr-2007, 04:07 PM
Ok first, The forum lag today sucks... now onto the comment.

An IMDB poster summed it up best. If you all think this trailer makes Die hard 4 look way over the top on the action... remember this.

Die Hard 1 - He bunjee jumps off the roof using a fire house
Die Hard 2 - He has a fist fight on a moving, and very large cargo airplane
Die Hard 3 - He rides a CGI wave through an aqua duct, and blown out of geyser type hole 50ft in the air.

Now thinking about all of that, how much more over the top is Die Hard 4? :D

Danny
04-Apr-2007, 04:08 PM
uh, you seen the trailer?, he drives a car up a ramp ,rolls out and as it hits a chopper shoots it and it explodes.

-thats the point were i burst out laughing, that should have been in hot fuzz:lol:

bassman
04-Apr-2007, 04:14 PM
Ok first, The forum lag today sucks... now onto the comment.

An IMDB poster summed it up best. If you all think this trailer makes Die hard 4 look way over the top on the action... remember this.

Die Hard 1 - He bunjee jumps off the roof using a fire house
Die Hard 2 - He has a fist fight on a moving, and very large cargo airplane
Die Hard 3 - He rides a CGI wave through an aqua duct, and blown out of geyser type hole 50ft in the air.

Now thinking about all of that, how much more over the top is Die Hard 4? :D

That's what I was thinking, man. There has been crazy action in all three films....it's Willis that somehow makes it believable and with a twist of humor.

uh, you seen the trailer?, he drives a car up a ramp ,rolls out and as it hits a chopper shoots it and it explodes.

I didn't notice that he shot it.:confused: I thought it exploded just because it hit a helicopter head on. You sure it wasn't just splicing in a random shot of Willis shooting a gun?

Danny
04-Apr-2007, 04:15 PM
wether he does or not (and lets face it he probably will) that **** as 100% stilton, not saying thats bad, i eman its ****ing die hard, its expected more than samuel l. jackson saying "mother****er" or or will smith saying "you have GOT to be kidding me";)

bassman
04-Apr-2007, 04:22 PM
:lol:

True. I really wish Jackson was in this one. He and Willis had great chemistry in the last film. I like that film a little better than the first, actually. Not by much...but I REALLY enjoy "With A Vengence".

Too bad McTiernan isn't returning as director.

Danny
04-Apr-2007, 09:18 PM
ive had to watch it like 5 times ove rthe past two years in film class though my film prof. allways calls it "die hard: with a vest-on" and thats what im calling it myself by accident and it bugs me like hell:)

MinionZombie
04-Apr-2007, 09:26 PM
DH3 was awesome, I love that movie, so much fun and it had McTiernan back in the fold. A thoroughly enjoyable movie, especially when you're off sick from school and it's 11am and your Mum's brought in a choccy biccy and some hot lemon squash ... ahhhhh.

"with a vest-on"? *sigh* ... dear-dear-dear...:rolleyes:

Media teacher jokes ... ... ... nuff said. :)

capncnut
05-Apr-2007, 01:29 AM
While were on the subject of action comedies :p, where's Beverly Hills Cop IV?

Yorkie
05-Apr-2007, 09:53 AM
I love the Die Hard films and can't wait till this comes out it is gonna be a good year for films again this year, there are at least half a dozen must see's for me.

It's worth seeing just for the classic line and the stare at the end of that trailer :D

MinionZombie
05-Apr-2007, 12:47 PM
Can't wait to see this flick, looks rockin' ... even with the knowing "have you done this stuff before?" line in it (such lines usually make me groan).

I've been wanting to see this subject matter tackled full-on, the idea of technological warfare, shutting it all down - I still think it'd be a really good plot for the next season of 24, at least they'd get away from alternating between chemical or nuclear, which, to be brutally honest, is getting rather old and tired now (and I'm a huge fan of 24 as well).

Anyway, two thumbs fresh! :thumbsup:

suicide22
05-Apr-2007, 02:52 PM
"I am looking forward to seeing this movie -- I defiantly think you'll get your five bucks worth":) :cool:

MikePizzoff
06-Apr-2007, 03:02 PM
"I am looking forward to seeing this movie -- I defiantly think you'll get your five bucks worth":) :cool:

Where do you live that it's only $5 to go see a movie?!?!

bassman
06-Apr-2007, 03:04 PM
Where do you live that it's only $5 to go see a movie?!?!

There's a theater near here that's only about 50 cents higher than that.

bassman
10-Apr-2007, 07:37 PM
Who says you guys always get stiffed over seas when it comes to movies? The UK Trailer for (as it's known in the US) "Live Free or Die Hard" has just premiered.

Not only do I think it's a much better and more "die hard-ish" trailer, but the name of it is better I think. "Die Hard 4.0". Anyways, this is the best trailer yet. CHECK IT OUT (http://www.thehollywoodnews.com/die-hard-4-uk-trailer-10040701.php). A lot more of the John Mclane that we all know and love. Including his usual, "wrong guy, wrong place, wrong time" line that he has in every movie.:thumbsup:

Tricky
10-Apr-2007, 08:05 PM
I loved the trilogy,especially the first 2,im not sure what to make of that trailer though!It looks good,but at the same time it looks too massively over-done stunt wise in the way most new films are these days.When the first two were made they would use a real car to fly through the air and smash up so although unrealistic in a sense,it was still almost believable,whereas now a CGI car will flip 300 foot in the air,wreck half a block,have the camera spin right round it while its doing it and all that in highly glossed bullet time as seen in everything post matrix.I just dont like that style of film-making,i prefer gritty and somewhat real looking

MinionZombie
11-Apr-2007, 09:09 AM
Is that the trailer with Kevin Smith in it? Aye I saw that y'un ... and despite the fact that some movies come out close, or on the same time as they do in the USA, the majority come out later, and some flat out take MONTHS - like Land of the Dead, we were the last country on the planet to get it that hadn't banned it! :eek:

capncnut
11-Apr-2007, 01:31 PM
If we were the last country to get Die Hard 4 then thats fine by me. Unrealistic, mindless, gung ho testicles! :D

suicide22
11-Apr-2007, 09:02 PM
Thanks god! This time I'm old enough to go see a die hard movie-- I think sneeking in to see the first three movies would have been alittle too die hardish for me at a young age!:cool: :D :lol:

fartpants
13-Apr-2007, 04:40 PM
the Die hard series was totally Bruce Willis's best films, all three rocked in my opinion, lets hope 4 dont let the side down...:)

suicide22
06-May-2007, 10:37 AM
Die Hard 4.0 as been cut for theatre version from an R rated or 18 certificated rated to a PG or a 12 classified rating.“Why would their censor the most entertaining movie in years” :( :confused:

DjfunkmasterG
06-May-2007, 02:13 PM
We already have a thread on this, don't get me started in two threads. I was so pissed about the PG-13 rating I posted 20th Century Fox's Contact Information for the Director of Marketing on the IMDB Message Board for Die Hard 4. :evil:

capncnut
06-May-2007, 06:59 PM
Damn Deej, this obviously means a lot to ya huh?

Mutineer
06-May-2007, 07:04 PM
The series has declined IMO and I'm not terribly looking forward to this 4th installment.

DIE HARD was/is an epic action film; all time greatest list no doubt

2 was alright
3 was forgetttable
4 being PG-13 is a damn shame.

Danny
06-May-2007, 07:31 PM
3 was "forgettable"?!?!?,:eek:

thats one of the best action films ever!

bassman
06-May-2007, 08:59 PM
3 was "forgettable"?!?!?,:eek:

thats one of the best action films ever!

Yup. The original and the third walk hand-in-hand.

AcesandEights
06-May-2007, 09:29 PM
I thought two was totally forgettable and 3 was solid. Actually, I didn't like 3 that much coming out of the theatre, because I thought the actual ending was a bit of a let down, but later picked it up on VHS and watched the heck out of it.

MinionZombie
06-May-2007, 10:17 PM
Two is a good bit of fun, but #1 is f*cking legendary and #3 is a superbly entertaining action film, it really is completely enjoyable and I love it to bits. :cool:

So is #4 definitely PG-13, anyone got a link? (I'm too lazy to go look, haha, yeah yeah, shut-it hellsing. :lol:)

Mutineer
06-May-2007, 10:44 PM
Calling DIE HARD ****ing legendary is about as accurate a statement as I can think of. DIE HARD redefined the genre. It is literally, in all respects, the perfect movie.

Saying that 3 walks hand in hand with it is like saying Lucas new Star Wars films are as good as the original Star Wars films. If you were not fortunate to see DIE HARD on the big screen; that is a shame.

DjfunkmasterG
06-May-2007, 11:16 PM
Damn Deej, this obviously means a lot to ya huh?

CAPN, this is a Legacy they're a screwing with. Like everyone has said DH defines and re-defined what an action movie should be for audiences. Before actions films had wooden dialog and things just get blown up for fun, DH brought us a character we cared about, great lines, great acting and a superb amount of action.

To this day my favorite most quotable and memorable scene is when he is calling for help on Channel 9 on the radio and the dispatcher tells him "This Channel is Reserved For Emergency Use Only." His response is one of the funniest and best responses one could give... "No F*cking sh!t lady does it sound like I am ordering a pizza."

Not too mention Alan Rickman's portrayal of Hans Gruber was just fantastic.

DH2- not complete forgettable, but not all that great, DH3... come on, Sam Jackson, Bruce Willis... classic stuff man. Not as good as part 1, but a damn fine entry into the franchise.

bassman
07-May-2007, 12:57 AM
Calling DIE HARD ****ing legendary is about as accurate a statement as I can think of. DIE HARD redefined the genre. It is literally, in all respects, the perfect movie.

Saying that 3 walks hand in hand with it is like saying Lucas new Star Wars films are as good as the original Star Wars films. If you were not fortunate to see DIE HARD on the big screen; that is a shame.

It's just my opinion that the third is equally as good as the first(both directed by Mctiernan certainly helped). Just like it's my opinion that saying the first is "the perfect movie" is pretty far fetched. It's a friggin awesome action movie with many great features....but it's far from the perfect film, to me.

In fact, as much as I love action films, I don't think any of them have or will ever be a perfect film to me. Is "Die Hard" enjoyable? Hell yeah. Well made? Hell yeah. Perfect? Maybe for the action genre....but not films in general.

Mutineer
07-May-2007, 01:26 AM
So. It is a frigginly-awesome, enjoyably-well made film with great features, but far from perfect; except maybe in the action genre. :rolleyes: :D

Of course it's your opinion. You said it. :cool:

I don't think of films in terms of a genre; if it is perfect, it just is.

Aliens, Die Hard, Jaws, Schindler's List, Halloween, Braveheart, Apacalypse Now, Star Wars (I could go on and on of course)

... some films just leave you in a state of a complete experience and Die Hard just nailed it. Whether one thinks this highly or not is irrelevant, but saying its sequels were on par with the orginal leaves me scratching my head.

But hey; if we all thought the same, we'd be bored would'nt we?

-

John McTiernan was on a roll (and at the top of his game there for a spell) in the decade:

Predator in 1987
Die Hard in 1988
The Hunt for Red October in 1990

The vastly underrated The 13th Warrior came in 1999.

Danny
07-May-2007, 02:39 AM
die hard 3 (im still callin' it "with a vest on" mz, damn that film prof.:lol: ) was just die hard, meets buddy cop films, plus the whole terrorist thing, but on a citywide scale not just one local, adn the chemistry between willis and jackson was awesome, i think i may enjoy it a little more than the first, but only cus ive watched em all to death.

aah, die hard, the ultimate christmas movie:lol:

EDIT- something i just thought id throw into the mix, die hard was rated an 18 in the 80's, times have changed adn you see way worse violence in the two towers, which was a 12A, so judging it by todays pg-13 and not the pg-13 of the same time die hard was released may mean theres nothing to worry about.

capncnut
07-May-2007, 05:19 AM
CAPN, this is a Legacy they're a screwing with.
I never really cared for Die Hard much but I can see why those films appeal to so many people. I bet there's just one use of 'Yippee Ki-Yay Motherf**ker' in the new film but the 'f**ker' bit is blurred out by an explosion or something. :D

Actually, that would be kinda sad. :dead:

MinionZombie
07-May-2007, 10:56 AM
Hellsing, erm ... Two Towers didn't have people being shot in the head, nor did it have people getting their kneecaps shot out in really splooshy blood squibbage, same goes for the guy on the table, and then a body gets lobbed onto a police car while there's a lot of swearing going on...and then he sits extracting shards of glass from his blood-gushin' feet. Today Die Hard would get a 15, but a harder 15.

Two Towers had Orcs and stuff, so it was violence against non-humans for the most part - man versus monster and vice versa, which automatically drops the rating bar, so ... nyah ... I reckon they're not really comparable. :p:sneaky:

lol, that film prof of yours...:rolleyes:...I remember he made some assumption or something about a film and I remember you telling me what he said with a rockbrow going on and I remember being what he said was complete bollocks...not sure what it was now...but I always found that funny for some reason...:D

Deej - indeed, that's a great line in the film. :)

EvilNed
07-May-2007, 03:30 PM
The original Die Hard would never pass for PG-13. It was not extremely violent, but definetly more violent than a LOTR film.

bassman
07-May-2007, 04:39 PM
The original Die Hard would never pass for PG-13. It was not extremely violent, but definetly more violent than a LOTR film.

In terms of violence.....I think "Die Hard" would pass as PG13 today. The violence isn't all that bad. It would get an R for the cursing, though. The small drug use, quick shot of breasts, and the shooting wouldn't qualify as R these days. The only thing in that film that could do it would be the use the word "f*ck".

MinionZombie
07-May-2007, 06:05 PM
Apparently Brucie is setting up some kind of preview showing for Harry Knowles and is banging on about how the action had him on the edge of his seat, well I'm sorry, but R rated action is always better than PG-13 action. :rockbrow:

PG-13 action can be good, even great, but Die Hard ... dude, that's an R rated franchise, leave it be, don't puss out...:rolleyes: At least Rocky Balboa stayed true to the franchise and knocked sh*t out of the park. :cool::)