PDA

View Full Version : Nirvana - The Movie

capncnut
17-Dec-2006, 07:48 PM
As I was browsing the aisles of my local dvd store I came across this little title.

Nirvana
112 Min/1996

A stunning cyber fantasy, rich in design and innovative ideas, that engages the mind while always remaining enjoyable on the purest pulp levels. Superstar video game inventor Jimi (Christopher Lambert) creates a new game called 'Nirvana', then realises his virtual reality hero Solo (Diego Abatantuono) has a human conciousness. How he tries to erase the game before it's mass release, which would condemn Solo to a never ending existence, pits Jimi against a ruthless multi-national corporation and takes him through the seedy underworlds of a future metropolis known as Norther Agglomerate. Directed by Gabriele Salvatores ('Mediterraneo') with one eye on meaningful psychodrama and the other on giving his existential 'Blade Runner' a unique look, this epic plea for Utopian harmony is one of the best science fiction films ever made. Yet few people outside of Italy have seen it. A must see!

Radio Times

Anyone seen this? I think I may have to get it next time I cruise by.

MinionZombie
17-Dec-2006, 10:16 PM
I've never heard of that flick, no doubt it's all mouth and no trousers ... sounds good ... whether it actually is or not is a whole other story. Heck, Johnny Nemonic or whatever it was called sounded good ... but no. :D

MikePizzoff
17-Dec-2006, 11:44 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119794/

Eyebiter
18-Dec-2006, 12:08 AM
Has Christopher Lambert made anything decent since the original Highlander?

MinionZombie
18-Dec-2006, 10:41 AM
I enjoyed Mortal Kombat ... but that wasn't a superb movie by any means. I know what you mean, I get a generally "dud" impression from Lambert's career...