PDA

View Full Version : Transformers trailer...

Neil
21-Dec-2006, 01:02 PM
...aka "cashcow"

http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplaylist.dll?id=1540534&sdm=web&qtw=480&qth=300

Rottedfreak
21-Dec-2006, 03:11 PM
Course it is, the idea is for it to be a trend to sell toys, just a harmless bit of fun for kids and fans.

I wouldn't expect much in the way of character development in this, just action.

Danny
21-Dec-2006, 03:33 PM
course it is, doesnt mean i wont watch it ive been a fan since the late 80's when i was still a toddler.

screw thundercats though, i hated them:lol:

Tricky
21-Dec-2006, 04:43 PM
I havent bothered with transformers since i was a kid,but damn i loved them then!and that film looks class to be honest!im not expecting plot and oscars,but i think it will be good! :D :cool:

MikePizzoff
21-Dec-2006, 09:33 PM
I'll go see it. I don't generally go to the theatre's but this seems like it'll be cool just for the visuals and action. As everyone else said: not really expecting much plot or great acting.

Mutineer
21-Dec-2006, 09:39 PM
I am the rare person who has never gotten into The Transformers and when I first heard about this I thought nothing of it. But this Trailer looks like a lot of fun.

Tricky
21-Dec-2006, 10:37 PM
I bet that little girl gets caught in a nuclear explosion using multiple warheads,then at the end it shows her parents finding her fine and dandy a la war of the worlds,if spielberg has his way :p

HLS
22-Dec-2006, 12:23 AM
I thought it would be a retarded movie but the trailer was fantastic! I will definitely go to see it!

Heidi

capncnut
22-Dec-2006, 03:29 AM
Something tells me a remake of He-Man is just around the corner... :rockbrow:

Danny
22-Dec-2006, 04:07 AM
could you imagine a 00's version of he-man?:lol:

it'd probably have like a scissor sisters soundtrack with some village people thrown in.
cus its a more equality type world since it came out so i think that he man should "come out", or at least beast man and skeletor:lol:

Rottedfreak
22-Dec-2006, 08:00 AM
Next up: Bucky Ohare and the Toad Wars - CGI movie for 2009
Director: Quinten Tarintino
changes:
Buckys a anti hero.
Jenny's a sexual predator.
Deadeyes a chain smoking fatty who curses.
Bruisers a stoner.
Blinky is a female AI.

And the Toads are more like space Nazis, Toadborgs a Darth Vader clone and Komplex has a secret agenda to become a god.

Cykotic
23-Dec-2006, 10:21 AM
^ Dan, I'll write the script, you get the funding!

Maitreya
23-Dec-2006, 10:16 PM
That looked good. I can't wait for this to come out.

I just really hope that they don't try to make it focused on the humans.

Danny
23-Dec-2006, 10:45 PM
yeah that'd be horrible, people dont want humans they want giant robots, cus' chicks dig giant robots, or so ive been told:lol:

Maitreya
23-Dec-2006, 11:49 PM
Man, I can't even get a date because all the chicks are after giant robots...

I always try to talk to them and they're like, "Hey, look at that giant robot"

Then I get really bummed out and post on HPotD about how all the chicks love the giant robots...

They're just like, "Giant robot, do me!!"

It's sad but true.

Danny
24-Dec-2006, 04:04 AM
we've all been there:lol:

Rottedfreak
24-Dec-2006, 07:46 AM
There does seem to be quite a few humans in the trailer. So long as theres nothing corny like a bunch of guys taking fire trucks and driving them off a bridge onto Megatron to save the Autobots... so long as theres no kids who teach transformers moral lessons... it should be acceptable.

Rottedfreak
10-Jan-2007, 07:18 AM
Lo and behold...
MEGATRON!
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/imagehosting/thum_4418245a4321b149ff.jpg ('http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=1776')

Remember: creative liberties! open mind!:D

Graebel
10-Jan-2007, 09:50 PM
Man, I can't even get a date because all the chicks are after giant robots...

I always try to talk to them and they're like, "Hey, look at that giant robot"

Then I get really bummed out and post on HPotD about how all the chicks love the giant robots...

They're just like, "Giant robot, do me!!"

It's sad but true.

But they're so BIG......and HARD. :p

Danny
10-Jan-2007, 10:33 PM
Lo and behold...
MEGATRON!
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/imagehosting/thum_4418245a4321b149ff.jpg ('http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=1776')

Remember: creative liberties! open mind!:D

my fanboy senses are tingling...must ...resist...the urge..to bitch....

Rottedfreak
12-Jan-2007, 09:55 PM
Okay, can't hold it in anymore, Ive seen the toys, I know the idea for the TFs in the movie is to be as lifelike as possible and to have a hundred transforming parts but i have seen Barricade, Blackout, Brawl, Ratchet and Starscream as toys and while I applaud Hasbro for being so daring to alter the likenesses I can't stand the fact that they look crap in comparison to TFs to come out in recent years. It's true that recent series have been gimmick laden with daft stuiff to activate powers and make little sense but these movie designs just don't compare to some of the better designs that show character like ones from TF series such as Armada, Cybertron, Classics, Alternators. Something tells me Megatron is going to be some sort of set piece character, a weapon rather then a character.

I know I changed my tune but I still think the movie will be good.

Danny
13-Jan-2007, 05:45 PM
^ im such a nerd i actually new he was on about "cyber keys" but theres nowt else on at 3am now adult swims gone crap.

HLS
13-Jan-2007, 06:09 PM
I never get tired of watching that trailer.