PDA

View Full Version : Final Night Of The Living Dead '07 Trailer

livingdeadboy
21-Dec-2006, 01:25 PM
Here it is, look for an indie straight to DVD release in late February early March.

WATCH HERE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrBlGz3EWBs)

capncnut
22-Dec-2006, 03:55 AM
Yeah man, nice vibes, loving it! :thumbsup:

Danny
22-Dec-2006, 04:17 AM
nice to see you didnt resort to using metal as the soundtrack like loads of others have.
but are you going origional or like night with the cuase that the dead are just rising or are you going down that "its a virus" storyline, ucs thats okay but its been done to death and it allways involves a major cliche' i call the "someone gets bitten then turns into a zombie behind someones back scene" and that kinda cheapens a zombie film i think.

livingdeadboy
22-Dec-2006, 04:59 AM
nice to see you didnt resort to using metal as the soundtrack like loads of others have.
but are you going origional or like night with the cuase that the dead are just rising or are you going down that "its a virus" storyline, ucs thats okay but its been done to death and it allways involves a major cliche' i call the "someone gets bitten then turns into a zombie behind someones back scene" and that kinda cheapens a zombie film i think.

oh i'm going all original, the venus probe in space that had to be destroyed leaking the radiation. Thus bringing the recently dead back to life!:evil:

coma
22-Dec-2006, 05:05 AM
The "film stock" (I know its video, lack of better term) looks really good and, imo, better than the average indie Lo budg genre flick. The acting looks really good too. Not amateur ish at all. You have some really nice shots, like the sky shot before the guy kneels by the grave, Very Romeroesque and has a nice texture.
The music is cool and I think the sound recording is excellent. None of that cavernous reverby crap. Tight and crispy. There were some clicks (like at the end of the phone scene) that may be Youtube traffic or compression artifacts, but to me it sounds like when you made the cuts you didnt fade the ends to a zero point. When you are up in a project for many hours you can stop noticing that stuff. If thats the sound for the whole film (not the clicks, the general quality) you did a fine job.
to me , other than flat acting, crap sound is the downfall of many a low budg film. See Dead MEn Walking? Its a zombie film set in a prison and it's all reverby. close unidirectional boom would've cleared that up. What type of audio set up are you using(Mics etc)?

Hey, 900 posts!

livingdeadboy
22-Dec-2006, 01:17 PM
We just use an everyday standard Rode video mic. Its nothing to fancy, I don't know all the technical know how about it, except that it works like a charm. Not to mention we take most of the scenes after they are done being edited, throw them into garage band on a mac, and clean up a lot of the audio.

DjfunkmasterG
22-Dec-2006, 03:15 PM
Hey dude,

I checked out your trailer last night and I want to make a few comments for you, nothing personal just things I felt seemed off...

Your first two trailers had me very interested in the film. They revealed enough to grab my attention and had a great momentum. Plain and simple... THEY ROCKED.

The current trailer seems to cheapen your effot and I will tell you where it went wrong for me. The newscaster report scenes are too bright, and need serious de-interlacing, and the actor playing the newscaster isn't convinceable enough to carry the role.

I know you probably have this pretty much in the bag, but you should re-consider shooting those scenes and maybe find someone at the local colleges studying broadcasting and use them as the news reporter. In the trailer that little snippet took the level of wanting to see the film down to almost zero for me.

Maybe your export of the clip doesn't give the scene justice, but it really gave me a let down feeling.

livingdeadboy
22-Dec-2006, 04:53 PM
well that newscaster stuff was only shot for the trailer, we dont have anything done in the green screen department yet(we start that next week:dead: ), so fear not...thats not in the movie.

DjfunkmasterG
22-Dec-2006, 10:00 PM
Awesome man... I was worried there for a second. :)

I do want to see this film, and you know I really loved the last 45 minutes of escalation. Hopefully NOTLD07 turns out the same.

Danny
22-Dec-2006, 10:32 PM
too be fair wether you dont like it or not its his movie so if people tell him what to change or take out it wont be his own anymore.

coma
22-Dec-2006, 10:46 PM
too be fair wether you dont like it or not its his movie so if people tell him what to change or take out it wont be his own anymore.
What makes it his is the decision to follow the advice and suggestions.
If you respect somebody's work or opinon you at least consider it.
you dont improve in a bubble.

Danny
23-Dec-2006, 12:07 AM
i reckon george lucas would argue on that point:lol:

coma
23-Dec-2006, 12:15 AM
i reckon george lucas would argue on that point:lol:
Well, he owns a whole valley and is surround by syncophants.
Case proven and closed.:eek::cool:

livingdeadboy
23-Dec-2006, 03:01 AM
i take all these comments to heart, they find their ways into the movie, so fear not. Its a cool little movie, definatley not like the original in anyway(okay well it obviously is a little bit), but still many playful nods to it.

MinionZombie
23-Dec-2006, 10:42 AM
Sweet trailer there man, it's looking excellent.

I still really love the shutter-speed shaky footage (gonna try it out myself in IAZM2 for a couple of shots) and again, the shot of all the arms and hands clamouring at the wall/window/door (not sure what it was, hehe).

Very cool stuff. :cool::thumbsup:

DjfunkmasterG
24-Dec-2006, 03:01 PM

Not true... After I would edit sequences of DEADLANDS I would show it to the cast & crew and get their feedback to see what was missing or needed tweaking. I take a lot of comments to heart because I am not the final end user of the film. I can put my heart and soul into the film to make it mine, but I also want the audience to enjoy it. The audience is what counts wthout them there is no reason to make a movie.

MinionZombie
24-Dec-2006, 03:52 PM
A movie wouldn't be yours if you asked a bunch of other people to essentially write segments or give large ideas that you end up using, then it's not really yours.

The sort of thing we're talking about here is like audience previews of films and the filmmakers get cards back from people in the focus group that say what the average punter thought of the film, and then if there's something the filmmaker didn't see that really needs changing (or something they thought worked, but in actuality doesn't work for anyone in the general populace) they can take the choice to change things.

Back at uni when I was doing a lot of heavy (no, not petting :lol:) experimenting with short films and most importantly the "Uni Video" series of films, I got a lot of feedback from my housemates, who are said average audience punters.

It also helps to view the work of your peers (as in people on the same sort of filmmaking level as you are) and see what they're up to. When I was at the Bloodbath Film Festival last month getting "VHS" screened, I watched the work of my peers very closely and saw what worked and noted audience reaction. I viewed the films of others as if I was just the ordinary punter and went with my gut, initial feelings - then took those feelings and looked at them with my normal filmmaker way of looking at things, to then interpret into my own work.

*sigh* A mouthful? You're damn right! :D

bub21
15-Jan-2007, 08:16 PM
good luck witht he remake man,

trailer looks sweet

DeadJonas190
16-Jan-2007, 05:54 AM
Are you going to get this into the Blockbuster stores? The one I work at gets a lot of indy films like this so let us know where it will be available.

jim102016
21-Jan-2007, 05:39 PM
Your previews look pretty interesting, I'll have to keep my eyes peeled when it comes out. Question for you though...in the begining at the cemetary. Is the one zombie running? Looked like a guy in a white shirt was running holding his neck, then was trying to pull the driver out of the car.

Just curiosity, because your zombies appear to be the walking/stumbling type as the trailer goes on. Perhaps its just my hangover playing tricks on me.

Best of luck, good work.

bub2u
29-Jan-2007, 07:01 PM
It all looks good to me, but what do I know? I'm just a big zombie fan that takes his "zombie fix" anywhere he can get it.:D The trailer has my attention, can't wait to see the flick.

livingdeadboy
29-Jan-2007, 07:28 PM
Are you going to get this into the Blockbuster stores? The one I work at gets a lot of indy films like this so let us know where it will be available.

It'll be totally self released through my house, lol...so if you'd like to pick up a copy from my household, go right ahead

Your previews look pretty interesting, I'll have to keep my eyes peeled when it comes out. Question for you though...in the begining at the cemetary. Is the one zombie running? Looked like a guy in a white shirt was running holding his neck, then was trying to pull the driver out of the car.

Just curiosity, because your zombies appear to be the walking/stumbling type as the trailer goes on. Perhaps its just my hangover playing tricks on me.

Best of luck, good work.

The guy you see running isn't dead, all the zombies in the movie are slow moving shamblers.

lobotomie
02-Feb-2007, 11:57 PM
my god it look so cheap and amateurish...
why waste so much time and effort to make an indie remake of night of the living dead anyway?? i find it so sad that people put so much effort for doing that kind of movie.. please try something new !!! Did'nt we had enough with that 3D NOLD remake last year??

livingdeadboy
04-Feb-2007, 02:39 PM
why waste so much time and effort to make an indie remake of night of the living dead anyway?? i find it so sad that people put so much effort for doing that kind of movie.. please try something new !!! Did'nt we had enough with that 3D NOLD remake last year??

Man I've been trying "something new" for the last 3 and half years, give me a break, let me have some fun.

Danny
04-Feb-2007, 02:58 PM
geez, that sounds like a nice guy:rolleyes:

04-Feb-2007, 07:31 PM

so, your very first post on HpotD and that's all you can come up with?

Danny
04-Feb-2007, 07:43 PM
maybe its uwe boll and he's jealous:lol:

coma
04-Feb-2007, 08:41 PM

Hehehe:lol:
Besides, Cheap amd Amateurish doesnt mean bad. But I dont think that . I think it looks very good.

Danny
04-Feb-2007, 09:54 PM
aye so do i, from what ive seen of this guys stuff its got a little bit of se7en's vibe in his work, if he had more money i reckon his films would be a lot darker, i think he should try proper serious stuff, he did that zombie one were one guy had a terminal illness right?, you could do a serious short on just that itself.

capncnut
05-Feb-2007, 11:14 AM

You know what man, I could totally believe that. :lol:

lobotomie
05-Feb-2007, 11:04 PM
ok so my apologies to living dead boy who seems to be part of this production. I did not mean to hurt directly the people involved in this remake and maybe the word I used where not appropriate.
I've been way too crude, I admit it and for a first post, it's no great. But no, i'm not uwe boll, in fact, i'm a very nice guy. I think Its just not my cup of thea and like many people, i'm beginning to be very upset about remake so my anger just felt on you, for no good reasons..so sorry again dude,
Good luck with the movie and have fun .

capncnut
06-Feb-2007, 12:58 PM
But no, i'm not uwe boll, in fact, i'm a very nice guy.

Phew, you had me worried for a second there. :D

DVW5150
07-Feb-2007, 06:41 PM
This might be a very good addition to the legacy that GAR has started . The song used is pretty good too .:skull:

Fulcifan91
07-Feb-2007, 11:46 PM
Phew, you had me worried for a second there. :D

:lol: :lol: