View Full Version : Rocky Balboa #1 at US Box office

DjfunkmasterG
21-Dec-2006, 10:38 PM
http://boxofficemojo.com/

Whooda thunk it?

Thoughts anyone?

Danny
22-Dec-2006, 12:02 AM
with the amount of remakes/turds out there no. i aint surprised one bit, looks like mgms finally making some movies again and not just cash cows.

HLS
22-Dec-2006, 12:07 AM
Well I did not realize it was out already but I hear it had excillent reviews.

Khardis
22-Dec-2006, 01:13 AM
I saw it last night and I thought it was a very moving story.

capncnut
22-Dec-2006, 03:35 AM
I am DYING to see this flick! Say, can you describe it to me without giving spoilers? I mean, how does it sit with the original 5? Is it worthy?

coma
22-Dec-2006, 05:16 AM
On aint it cool news Sly does a VERY long and detailed multi part question and answer with memebers of the site. Its really great. He's super nice guy and different than you would think, very Smart and funny. You have to check that out. I have never seen anything like it.
George should do that, dammit.

DjfunkmasterG
22-Dec-2006, 08:27 AM
I am DYING to see this flick! Say, can you describe it to me without giving spoilers? I mean, how does it sit with the original 5? Is it worthy?

Let me just say, it is as good as and ranks up there with the original and part 2. It blows 3, 4 & 5 out of the water

Neil
22-Dec-2006, 08:37 AM
I was so skeptical about this film, but seems - from what I've read - to good!

Now, I wonder what the next Rambo film will be like :)

capncnut
22-Dec-2006, 07:26 PM
Heck, Rambo IV? Yeah, why not!

Danny
22-Dec-2006, 07:34 PM
i dunno a vietnam action film might not be too popular nowadays, people are a lot more anti-war on the whole, and i dont think it'd do as well now as it did way back when.
though in retrospect now people want war films that allways,ALLWAYS includes a guy getting shot, coughing up blood and dying in his freinds arms whilst saying "guess ill never get to (insert generic comment here)".:rolleyes:

coma
22-Dec-2006, 07:49 PM
i dunno a vietnam action film might not be too popular nowadays, people are a lot more anti-war on the whole, and i dont think it'd do as well now as it did way back when.
though in retrospect now people want war films that allways,ALLWAYS includes a guy getting shot, coughing up blood and dying in his freinds arms whilst saying "guess ill never get to (insert generic comment here)".:rolleyes:
Its in Burma and Thailand, not Vietnam dude.

EvilNed
22-Dec-2006, 07:58 PM

Vietnam actionfilms were never popular in a patriotic sense. Infact, you'd be hard pressed to find a single Vietnam war movie that glorifies the US war effort. There is one film with John Wayne in it called the Green Berets, and that's it.

Otherwise, Vietnam flicks have always been anti-war and criticizing it.

Rambo I wasn't about the Vietnam war in itself, but it's pretty much a melodramatic film with action in it about the survivors of the war and how they were treated by America when they returned to the country alot of them had been forced to fight for.

Danny
22-Dec-2006, 09:17 PM
really?, well its been like a decade since i saw it so i guess i can be a bit off, and yeah green beres is on channel 5 over here every other week.

coma
22-Dec-2006, 11:05 PM
really?, well its been like a decade since i saw it so i guess i can be a bit off, and yeah green beres is on channel 5 over here every other week.

Green Berets sucks even as a curiosity. Ol John Wayne, the Ultra Patriotic draft dodger. Oh the irony. Its wierd how its a WWII movies but wth sappers. And when it came out people already knew what Nam looked like and the kind of war it was. The location was pine trees etc, not even close to a jungle

First Blood was in Kentucky or the pacific Northwest or something. I forget. The only one in a forieign land was III, that was Afghanistan.

capncnut
23-Dec-2006, 01:57 AM
First Blood? *gets the remake shivers* :confused:

EvilNed
23-Dec-2006, 10:48 AM
coma, Rambo 2 was set in Vietnam. Altough, it sucked. Rambo wins the vietnam, retroactive style.

coma
23-Dec-2006, 02:49 PM
coma, Rambo 2 was set in Vietnam. Altough, it sucked. Rambo wins the vietnam, retroactive style.

Whoops!. I hated those movies. I basically saw them because my friends went. I was mystified by the popularity of these films.

Khardis
24-Dec-2006, 12:40 AM

Rambo 2 was in Vietnam and Thailand. The American base he came form was on the border.

EvilNed
24-Dec-2006, 02:15 PM
Rambo 2 was in Vietnam and Thailand. The American base he came form was on the border.

Haha, that's hilarious considering Vietnam doesn't even border to Thailand! :D

Man, talk about stupid-hollywood movie...

slickwilly13
08-Jan-2007, 07:46 PM
Saw it late last night and enjoyed it.

Danny
10-Jan-2007, 10:39 PM
just saw it an hour ago and its not too good, i really thought its been over rated, too bad i thought it would be great, stallones got a great directing style but his writing skills aint up to much.

Khardis
11-Jan-2007, 03:51 AM
Haha, that's hilarious considering Vietnam doesn't even border to Thailand! :D

Man, talk about stupid-hollywood movie...

Heh I never really thought of that... It sorta does though if you consider Cambodia/Vietnam the same entity communist wise.