PDA

View Full Version : Any of you guys/gals seen this?

Adrenochrome
21-Mar-2006, 09:54 PM
Sorry if this has been posted before and I missed it:
Book of the Dead (http://www.diabolikdvd.com/category/Browse-All-Titles/Book-of-the-Dead-(FAB-PRESS)-(Import-Book).html)

Marie
21-Mar-2006, 11:29 PM
Nope... and from the title I was surprised. I was all set to tell you that there was a "Book of the Dead II", which there is, but a different series.

Have to look for this.

M_

Adrenochrome
21-Mar-2006, 11:44 PM
odd, now I see a "Sorry, this product does not exist, or is no longer available" notice on that page. Damn!

Zombie-A-GoGo
22-Mar-2006, 01:17 AM
I'm reviewing it for my zombie blog. It's been slow going reading it, though, because I'm in the middle of a semester. It's great so far...very informative...lots of information--nice layout. I'd totally recommend it if you can find a copy around. It's relatively new, but I heard somewhere (and I don't actually know if this is true; I haven't confirmed it) that it's out of print. I'll let you know if I find out some more. :)

HLS
24-Mar-2006, 05:03 AM
The link says product does not exist? :eek:

Adrenochrome
24-Mar-2006, 05:04 AM
The link says product does not exist? :eek:
Yes, scroll back. That was already mentioned.

deadwalk85
25-Mar-2006, 02:13 PM
You can easily find a copy on Fabpress.com or amazon.com. I read it several months ago, and it's great. Another one you might want to pick up through Columbia University Press is The Films of George Romero.

bluball
25-Mar-2006, 04:15 PM
Worth having in any fan's collection....really exhaustive review of all Zombie Films to date, inlcuding a nice chapter on LOTD. I got it through Amazon, although it took a while!

Zombie-A-GoGo
05-May-2006, 03:13 PM
I realize this thread is a little bit older but I thought I'd distribute this information, just in case there was any confusion. I was just talking to the publishing, and to clear up any print matters, he said that the furst run sold out very quickly and sort of took them by surprise, but it's out and available again. So, there you go...the out-of-print status that people may have seen was merely temporary and it's available. I highly suggest getting it. I seriously can't imagine a true zombie fan NOT owning this book.

Hawkboy
05-May-2006, 03:20 PM
This book does look really good! I'm very interested to say what they say about one of the greatest Zombie films ever.... "White Zombie".

The scene at the mill with all the zombies is beyond creeeeepy! And how can you beat Bela lugosi at the height of his acting prowess?

Danny
05-May-2006, 03:44 PM
i thought you were on about the dark horse tpb for a min.