PDA

View Full Version : George Michael: Listen Without Prejudice

tju1973
25-Dec-2006, 12:49 AM
I dug this out of the vault today--- While it did not have the commercial success of "Faith" ( I think "Listen.." sold a couple million units anyway), it is a way better listen, and is actually quite good. I was a headbanger in HS, so I did not really get into him till my late 20s (I am 33-- almost 34 now). His voice and talent really stand the test of time and believe it or not, I actually listen to Wham! for the musicianship......

How times of changed..

Good job George--- keep the good work coming....:)

bassman
25-Dec-2006, 12:55 AM
I don't know the man's music......but I never took him to be one that would write his own songs. It seemed to me that he was one that studio producers would hand a song and say, "sing this".

Now, I don't know if this is right.....it's just the impression that I get.

Other than the few singles, I have no idea what his material is like.

tju1973
25-Dec-2006, 01:25 AM
I don't know the man's music......but I never took him to be one that would write his own songs. It seemed to me that he was one that studio producers would hand a song and say, "sing this".

Now, I don't know if this is right.....it's just the impression that I get.

Other than the few singles, I have no idea what his material is like.

and even played a good deal of instruments on this one. It wasn't the commercial success of Faith, but it was better-- way better musically. "Freedom '90" and "Praying For Time" are my 2 favorites...

now back to Slayer...

:)

Geophyrd
27-Dec-2006, 12:17 PM
good. The Best of GM is also a great retrospective. Its a shame that he got sidelined by his habits (drugs, other men, his own navel etc) because he really might continued. Everytime I put on one of his CDs, my wife and friends all listen up. I've turned a few people onto him.