PDA

View Full Version : Couple of Day questions...

The_Vesh
22-Mar-2006, 01:01 AM
First, why didn't Dr. Logan come back from the dead. I don't think he got shot in the head. Second, is Bub wearing the same shirt as the airport zombie in Dawn? What do you guys think?

Apocryphism
22-Mar-2006, 01:11 AM
There's been a lot of discussion about why Doctor Logan is never seen as a zombie. To many, it meant that the zombie phenomenon had officially come to an end, tying up the series as a trilogy. I've never personally felt that this was the case, but the original Day of the Dead script does lead us to believe that the phenomenon had indeed ended (with a pretty chilling last bit of dialogue... read it, you'll like it).

In my opinion, we don't see Logan any more in the film simply because that's how Romero decided to do it. If anything, perhaps we're set up for a bit of speculation. What happens to Bub? Did Logan stay down or get up? Was that really the end? Perhaps the question is more valuable in a sense than the shock of seeing Logan as a zombie (or another shot of him dead, and not a zombie) would have been. Or perhaps that's just how it got done, and it isn't as deep as some try to make it.

In regard to the shirt, flannel is in dude. What hole have you been living in? ;)

BlueRoseRomeo
22-Mar-2006, 03:21 AM
I know this is off topic but did I see the Biker gang leader from Dawn of the dead in land of the dead as a zombie?

jdog
22-Mar-2006, 02:32 PM
I know this is off topic but did I see the Biker gang leader from Dawn of the dead in land of the dead as a zombie?
do you meen tom savini's character "blades"?
because he is in both movies.

BlueRoseRomeo
23-Mar-2006, 03:01 AM
I thought so...I didn't look up any cast listngs or anything...I just happened to notice it and wanted to be sure I wasn't seeing things. I think alogan zombie would be cool...do you think he would be more like bub then the other zombies being he was kind of nuts?

Philly_SWAT
23-Mar-2006, 03:16 AM
If you recall, in Dawn near the beginning during the Builfing 107 raid scene, the zombie who bites the ladies neck and arm, you can see that he was clearly not shot in the head, yet he goes down. I deep, hidden meaning within the film? No. Just one of those things that happens in a low budject movie. Dawn is filled with such flaws. Logan not being shot in the head was just a movie making mistake. THe original script does in fact give the impression that the plague is over, but that topic is never broached in Day.

hadrian0117
24-Mar-2006, 02:06 AM
do you meen tom savini's character "blades"?
because he is in both movies.

Yes it definatly was Blades, Romero had to credit him as "Machete Zombie" for legal reasons.