PDA

View Full Version : All time worst Romero remake/rip-off?

Adolf Kitler
29-Dec-2006, 04:13 PM
Although not a official remake, Bill Hinzman's "Flesheater" is a pathetic remake/reimaging of NOTLD. For years I've heard about this no budget wonder, and finally got to see it. What was the point? To take my money? I answered my own question.

I'm sure someone here has seen a worse remake/blatant rip-off of one of Romero's films. I've learned over the years that no matter how low things can become, someone else will always surprise you with a new low.

bassman
29-Dec-2006, 04:34 PM
Never seen "Flesheater", but even though "Night: 30th Anniversary" still has a good portion of the original classic, it's pretty friggin bad.

Outside of that, I would probably say that Dawn04 is the worst. We haven't seen the new Day, though.:shifty:

Wahsleety
29-Dec-2006, 05:11 PM
of the living dead is worthless.

Mutineer
29-Dec-2006, 06:06 PM
If were talking about literal Romero rip-offs; NOTLD 07 is looking pretty bad. (no offense) :mad:

TwoGunBob
29-Dec-2006, 06:46 PM
Night of the Living Dead 3D appear to be the worst offender. As much as I love Mattei's Hell of the Living Dead for just how sucktacular it is I think it was the godfather of stealing blatantly from Dawn of the Dead.

Mutineer
29-Dec-2006, 07:14 PM
Night of the Living Dead 3D appear to be the worst offender. As much as I love Mattei's Hell of the Living Dead for just how sucktacular it is I think it was the godfather of stealing blatantly from Dawn of the Dead.

Anytime the words '3-D' are used; you gotta brace yourself for s ****fest.

bassman
29-Dec-2006, 07:22 PM

James Cameron will be changing that pretty soon.;)

TwoGunBob
29-Dec-2006, 07:34 PM
Comin' At Ya! was a great film! I mean everything was... comin' at ya! What a 3D experience!*

*Okay, it sucked as well but I was really trying to see a positive aspect to 3D.

Mutineer
29-Dec-2006, 07:36 PM
James Cameron will be changing that pretty soon.;)

I hope so

I've bearing a ton of him pimping the new technology. Have you seen it ?

Danny
30-Dec-2006, 01:18 AM
night 30th easy, they only added around 5 scenes and its the most hated version because of that, then you know its bad.

capncnut
30-Dec-2006, 04:49 AM
Children Of The Living Dead by far. Shame really 'cos the first ten minutes was pretty amazing.

Beware of Abbot Hayes. :shifty:

Cereval
30-Dec-2006, 03:16 PM
FleshEater ... pretty bad but if watched with one eye closed and Hinzman's involvement is ignored, it's at least watchable. What I really hated besides the grotesque plagiarism was how Hinzman conveniently arranged for the majority of his kill scenes to involve a girl whom he could molest as he murdered.

Night of the Zombies (AKA Hell of the Living Dead) ... I remember being amazed at the fact that this film not only had a scene similar to the Building 107 one of Dawn, but that they even got the same nifty blue uniforms! Probably lifted from the wardrobe line in pittsburgh. And the icing on the dog dropping ... using Zombi for the soundtrack ... :eek: :barf: :moon: !!!

Children of the Living Dead ... after the first scene (watchable, even promising) all I kept asking was WHY? In the first place, WTF was the title about? The plot's tie to children was no more relevant than it was even present. And what was with every scene's audio being dubbed in? The entire film's dialogue was often out of sync and God-zira style. And Abbott Hayes ... dude, I think the film would've done better if they advertised Anjelica Huston's reprisal of her Grand High Witch role from "The Witches" ... :shifty:

RazielTalos
03-Jan-2007, 12:25 AM
I remember seeing a scene from Flesheaters on the 30th anniversary NOTLD video (does the DVD version have more of it?), and to be honest, i thoght it was pretty cool. Bill picking up the girl after she opens the door and, obviously, eating her face like corn on the cob, was prety cool.

WHere can i find/download for free (Im poor), Flesheaters?

Just about any italian zombie movie is s h i t, i watched Fulci's City of the Living Dead (no offense to the Maestro), and it ws horrible. Zombies appearing from out of nowhere, zombies killing people by staring at them and making them bleed out their eyes and puking their guts out (classic Gianetto DI Rossi), but all you hve to do is stab them i nthe stomach and they die, WTF?!?!?!?

Romero is the master of zombie movies, period.

SymphonicX
03-Jan-2007, 09:20 AM
Definitely between Children of the Living Dead and that monstrosity Night 30 edition...

I remember seeing Children and thinking, oh my god....I couldn't believe it. Student movies like that shouldn't see the light of day. I remember the director writing to someone who'd written a damning review on the movie and he even agreed it was a piece of trash, dogged by unrealistic standards of film making by some amature girl who stuck her nose into the whole production process...

and Night 30 edition....man that was just laughable...what a silly idea.

The bottom line is, no one does it like Romero...

mista_mo
19-Mar-2007, 07:31 AM
Day of the dead contagium is pretty nasty...I dunno if u count it as a romero rip off or what but it is called Day of the Dead Contagium

Eyebiter
22-Mar-2007, 05:06 PM

Let's see... 3D movies made recently (since 1980)

Friday the 13th Part 3
Jaws 3D
Spacehunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone
Metalstorm: the Destruction of Jared-Syn
Amityville 3-D
Parasite

Think Mutineer is right.

bassman
22-Mar-2007, 05:15 PM
Anybody remember the trend of making old films 3-D? I think it was around 88-95. I remember watching several western John Wayne films in 3-D.:lol:

capncnut
23-Mar-2007, 12:55 PM
Jaws 3D
Who could ever forget that? I saw it at the theater as a kid and the crowd were laughing out loud. :dead::lol:

coma
23-Mar-2007, 03:53 PM
Who could ever forget that? I saw it at the theater as a kid and the crowd were laughing out loud. :dead::lol:
I saw every one of those pluse the rerelease of House of wax.:D I was a total geek for 3D
and you forgot
Comin At Ya
The first one of the grey glasses 3d:)

EvilNed
29-Mar-2007, 10:16 AM
Children, definetly. No contest. But it has some entertainment value.

ngm231
29-Mar-2007, 04:12 PM
dawn 04, soon to be day

MinionZombie
29-Mar-2007, 06:57 PM
Flesheater is AKA "Zombie Nosh" :lol: ... I got it on DVD, yes, it's HIDEOUS ... but I actually found it quite funny because it was so utterly piss poor, I mean seriously badly made and 'crafted' in absolutely every facet ... and at the heart of it is basically a dude who's known for one thing being a dirty old man groping breasts as a zombie...:shifty:

Yawn04 - *yeesh*

Careers of the Dead (Day remake) - *ug*

TCDarkness
30-Mar-2007, 05:34 PM
COTLD takes the cake for me, though I haven't seen some of them (e.g. Craptagium or Flusheater). Night 30th at least has the original Night footage for the most part to make it just bad, not a total steaming pile of feces. :lol:

Brubaker
06-Apr-2007, 03:30 AM

1. A shark that growls like a junkyard dog.
2. The culprit is another shark's mother.
3. The main shark (female) is 35 feet long (real great white sharks never clear 30 feet)

Those 3 selling points from Jaws 3D are a great recipe for laughter.

I actually liked the movie when I was younger, mostly because of the Sea World setting. How things change.

capncnut
06-Apr-2007, 03:35 AM
Yeah, I know what you mean. I was a bit captivated by the whole Seaworld thing and some of the underwater scenes were effective in an eerie way. A few months ago I caught this again, and was appalled that I even liked it to begin with. Terrible and Jaws IV, thats by far the worst. A shark that actually follows Chief Brody's family. :lol::dead: