PDA

View Full Version : Silent Hill 2 Confirmed

Andy
01-Jan-2007, 01:31 PM
Click Me (http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6163606.html?sid=6163606)

opinions?

MikePizzoff
01-Jan-2007, 06:54 PM
Ya know, I really liked the first Silent Hill movie. I wouldn't mind seeing a second.

I thought the visuals and camera work were just simply amazing.

Seeing it in theatres was pretty intense when the sirens started and everything went black.

Minerva_Zombi
01-Jan-2007, 07:18 PM
Yeah, Silent Hill is prolly the best Video Game to Film adaptation yet in my opinion.

Neil
01-Jan-2007, 08:16 PM
I'd be up for another...

MinionZombie
01-Jan-2007, 10:17 PM
Yeh why not, sign me up too.

I thought Doom was alright, but being an alright flick amongst a bunch of "also rans" isn't exactly a high accolade.

Silent Hill was pretty decent. It was beautifully shot and had some great effects and was pretty f*cked up at times, and it was actually kinda scary/creepy.

I'd like for them to speed proceedings up a bit and provide a bit more plot. To me, the first film just felt a bit too much like "bunch of people walk around a lot of creepy locations and run away from spooky goings on". So if they dial that down, then it'll be much better.

The sickest bit for me was the body in the toilet cubicle all razor-wired up, yeesh that was grim...

Still though ... the Doom movie had that awesome FPS sequence. :D

capncnut
01-Jan-2007, 11:27 PM
Let's all hope it's about James Sunderland and not a continuation of Rose's story. Silent Hill 2 was my favourite in the series.

MikePizzoff
02-Jan-2007, 04:38 AM
I thought Doom was alright

:barf: :barf: :barf:

Let's all hope it's about James Sunderland and not a continuation of Rose's story. Silent Hill 2 was my favourite in the series.

Agree'd! That was probably the scariest game I've ever played in my entire life.

capncnut
02-Jan-2007, 11:17 AM
Agree'd! That was probably the scariest game I've ever played in my entire life.

Damn straight. Everything from the level design down to the story and music, a very classy experience.

If the film bosses do this one some justice, imagine how certain aspects of the videogame will appear on the big screen. Angela and the Abstract Daddy, Maria's 'death' at the hands of the Red Pyramid, the moment James realises he murdered his own wife etc. *rubs hands* Yes indeedy.

I thought Doom was alright, but being an alright flick amongst a bunch of "also rans" isn't exactly a high accolade.

Other than the 10 minute FPS sequence, Doom was a worthless pile of s**t. Bring me the head of Boll!

Danny
03-Jan-2007, 06:28 AM
Damn straight. Everything from the level design down to the story and music, a very classy experience.

If the film bosses do this one some justice, imagine how certain aspects of the videogame will appear on the big screen. Angela and the Abstract Daddy, Maria's 'death' at the hands of the Red Pyramid, the moment James realises he murdered his own wife etc. *rubs hands* Yes indeedy.

way to go man, give that whole plot away!:lol:

aye it was an okay film, but speaking as a big silent hill fanboy i hated the last part it went all "hellraiser" on our collective asses, and that was for one reason the director, a fan of the games, chose a writer who hadnt even heard of the series, and from my regular visits to the silent hill forum let me tell you if the guy screws up a silent hill 2 adaption he'll be a bigger laughing stock than uwe boll.

Maitreya
03-Jan-2007, 12:21 PM
I thought Doom was alright, but being an alright flick amongst a bunch of "also rans" isn't exactly a high accolade

Yea, it was alright considering they DIDN'T make The Rock the hero, and like you said the FPS sequence...

But I have one major problem: Why the **** did they change the storyline?

I mean, how is the gate to hell being opened and demons coming pouring out to wreak havoc upon the Phobos and Deimos moon bases and then Earth NOT a good storyline? Why would they change it to the cliched "ancient advanced civilization becoming too advanced for their own good" thing?

It just kills me.

But back on topic, I liked the first one, the hopelessness of it was nice and the bittersweet ending that could have gone either way, ended right there or had a sequel. I look forward to see what this one's gonna be like.

I also noticed in that article they're doing an Alice movie, that could be good too, especially considering Uwe Boll is nowhere to be seen on the info... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0466663/

Andy
03-Jan-2007, 01:54 PM
But I have one major problem: Why the **** did they change the storyline?

I mean, how is the gate to hell being opened and demons coming pouring out to wreak havoc upon the Phobos and Deimos moon bases and then Earth NOT a good storyline? Why would they change it to the cliched "ancient advanced civilization becoming too advanced for their own good" thing?

It just kills me.

i head about that a long time ago, it was some sort of legal issue, they weren't allowed to use the hell and demons bit.

Danny
03-Jan-2007, 02:52 PM
yeah dont you hate how certain 'rules' for tv shows and movies just screw things up?

bassman
03-Jan-2007, 03:45 PM
I never saw the first "Silent Hill", but I've heard good things. I saw a commercial a few days ago saying that it's playing on the tube soon. I might have to check it out.

capncnut
03-Jan-2007, 11:48 PM
way to go man, give that whole plot away!

No fear of that Hellz, it's not even due until Q2-3 of 2009!

Just read that they are possibly moulding the second story around Sean Bean's character. He will get a letter from Rose in the mail saying she wants to meet him in that 'special place'. Nothing official though.

If that's true, I'm not sure what to think about it. :rockbrow:

MikePizzoff
04-Jan-2007, 02:25 AM
No fear of that Hellz, it's not even due until Q2-3 of 2009!

Just read that they are possibly moulding the second story around Sean Bean's character. He will get a letter from Rose in the mail saying she wants to meet him in that 'special place'. Nothing official though.

If that's true, I'm not sure what to think about it. :rockbrow:

Well that's how James ends up in Silent Hill (2). So perhaps they'll follow SH2 but just use the Christopher character in place of James?

capncnut
04-Jan-2007, 06:04 AM
Yes but this means a lot of Silent Hill 2's storyline will be changed as we already know the history between him and Rose. Does this mean Sharon will now adopt Lauras role? I hope not.

They should just stick with the game characters.

Danny
04-Jan-2007, 06:45 AM
more likely marias and marys roles.

thing is i dont think, if that is correct, the writer has even played the game...again!.
ill explain MUCHO SPOILERS!!!

this is a chronological view of silent hill 2 though you dont find out these events in this order but this is how it happened.

james and mary sunderland loved coming to silent hill, they even had there honeymoon there the town means a lot to them.
mary develops a serious illness and remains in hospital for a long time, there she meets a girl named luara, allthough its supposed that this never happened and laura, like maria, is just another aspect of mary, why else do the monsters not attack her?
james finally snaps under the stress of caring for his incresingly sick wife and ends her life by smothering her with a pillow, he then gets the body and dumps it in the trunk of his car and then just forgets what hes done and reads a letter that mary left him, but becuase hes gone nuts he doesnt see it having the same thing written on it that is actually written on it, which you dont find out till the end what was really in the letter mary wrote.
disoriantated and confused james heads to silent hill there "special place" planning to drive into the lake with marys body in the cars trunk, but when he pulls up and heads into a public toilets as he looks in the mirror he forgets it all and his fragile mind constructs a new letter luring him to silent hill.

what he doesnt know (and this i think is set in the 80's before silent hill 1) is the towns nature is drawing people with darkness in there hearts to the town, he murdered his wife, eddie killed a man, and angela killed her father, all of which at first dont give this away till much later.

james makes his way through silent hill being pursued by "the red pyramid head" a creature his own tortured psyche created from his own memories of silent hill, the town executioners used to dress like that and a picture of him was seen by jame sin the historical society, he created pyramid head unkowingly to torture him for the murder of his wife, which only his subconious has not forgotten.

he meets a woman named maria who looks like his dead wife mary but acts differently. a man named eddie who seems a little unstable, as does a woman named angela, and he meets the girl called laura who met mary when she was in the hospital, james tells here mary died a long while back but laura tells him she saw her not long ago, he doesnt understand because his minds making up a story becuase he couldnt cope with killing her but as the game goes on he finds out the truth.
he is forced to kill eddie who turns on him with a gun, angela is being attaced by "the abstract daddy" becuase she was abused by her father, then she exits the plotline walking up stairs and everything is on fire but she says "for me it allways looks like this", (and in silent hill 3 a character talks to heather ((rose)) about the creatures and is surprised by how she describes them and says "they look like monsters to you?")

maria is repeatedly killed during all this as his minds way of torturing him for what he did to mary but at the end of his fight through the town he makes it to the lakeside hotel the place were they spent there honeymoon, inside there room he finds a tape which shows him murdering mary, finally he remembers what he did and depending on what ending you get he copes with it and leaves with laura, doesnt cope and leaves with the maria he created but she starts coughing as they leave, or he doesnt cope and proceeds to drive the car into the lake or finally uses the items from the bron from a wish scenario to use the nature of the town to bring mary back.

though according to silent hill 4 james and mary were never heard from again.

END OF SPOILERS

point is we know sean beans character didnt kill his wife and daughter so thats pretty much silent hill 2's plot out the window from the get go.

capncnut
04-Jan-2007, 09:27 AM
point is we know sean beans character didnt kill his wife and daughter so thats pretty much silent hill 2's plot out the window from the get go.

My point exactly.

Danny
04-Jan-2007, 09:52 AM
they should just start from new with a new cast, i think silent hill 4 is the best to adapt to film myself.

capncnut
04-Jan-2007, 10:32 AM
You could be right there man. Even though it was the weakest of the four games, it was also the most cinematic.

Danny
04-Jan-2007, 10:39 AM
as much as i love silent hill 2 if i had to adapt one 4 would be my choice becuase it wasnt as deep as the others but still good enough to make a kick ass horror film, id make the room bits acutally in an fps view myself.:cool: