PDA

View Full Version : I finally saw Snakes on a Plane last night.

DeadJonas190
01-Jan-2007, 09:26 PM
I loved it, it was a really fun movie to watch. Did any of you notce the button on the microwave when the male flight attendant put the snake in it? If not watch it when it comes out on Tuesday and look for it, you will laugh your a$$ off.

Nevermind that the movie doesn't make a lot of sense at all and nevermind how the snakes got on the plane and where they came from, it was a lot of fun to watch and was not as bad as I expected it to be.

HLS
01-Jan-2007, 11:22 PM
I loved it, it was a really fun movie to watch. Did any of you notce the button on the microwave when the male flight attendant put the snake in it? If not watch it when it comes out on Tuesday and look for it, you will laugh your a$$ off.

Nevermind that the movie doesn't make a lot of sense at all and nevermind how the snakes got on the plane and where they came from, it was a lot of fun to watch and was not as bad as I expected it to be.

I so loved the movie. I lived it when he said "I am sick and tired of these mother ****ing snakes on this mother ****ing plane"

MikePizzoff
02-Jan-2007, 04:35 AM
The movie was GREAT in theatres. Being able to laugh with a group of people (or lackthereof, in my case) was fun.

I thought it was a good, fun movie in a time and age when just about everyone tries to have serious, or at least plausible, plots. There haven't been decent mindless big-budget action films made like that since the late 80's. I highly recommend it.

A big "fake off" to all the people that criticize this movie and act like it's not intentionally campy.

capncnut
02-Jan-2007, 11:08 AM
Heard a lot of good reports about this, maybe I'll investigate.

bassman
02-Jan-2007, 01:35 PM
Haven't seen it myself, but I get the feeling from what I've heard that this quote from Chuck Klosterman basically sums it up:

“It's not a bad movie that's accidentally good, and it's not a good movie that's intentionally bad; it's a disposable movie that people can pretend to like ironically, even though a) it's not ironic and b) they probably won't like it at all.”

MikePizzoff
02-Jan-2007, 05:09 PM
I don't know who that guy is but he's wrong! :mad:

_liam_
02-Jan-2007, 05:32 PM
lol i can appreciate what he's saying, but he is bein kinda blinkered and snooty. i liked it the same way i like movies like commando or delta force, not cos theyre so bad theyre good, or contain hidden layers of goodness, or because it makes me feel hip & ironic, i just like it cos i found myself enjoying it...

Danny
03-Jan-2007, 06:33 AM
i dont care how good it is i just cant in good conscience pay £25 for a feature film on its own on dvd, thats just wrong.

_liam_
04-Jan-2007, 04:05 PM
er...then don't, wait for it it to go down in price, it'll soon be on ebay/marketplace or games exchanges for about 7 quid, trust me...

DeadJonas190
05-Jan-2007, 05:15 AM
Haven't seen it myself, but I get the feeling from what I've heard that this quote from Chuck Klosterman basically sums it up:

“It's not a bad movie that's accidentally good, and it's not a good movie that's intentionally bad; it's a disposable movie that people can pretend to like ironically, even though a) it's not ironic and b) they probably won't like it at all.”

I liked it because it was a fun movie to watch. I do not pretend to like it, I actually like the movie. That Chuck Klosterman guy is a douche and needs to be slapped for that comment.