PDA

View Full Version : Clash of the titans

_liam_
02-Jan-2007, 03:24 PM
saw this one recently, all the way through i was thinking "oh the effects are quite good for 1964 or whenever it was made..." and then i found it was made in 1981!!! JESUS! does this film look & feel dated or what?!

enjoyable stuff, but i have to say the kraken was a pretty poor piece of sculpture...and not actually a kraken (isn't the actual beast from the myth called ketos or something?). and that owl was annoying. and r2-d-tard if ever there were one...

coma
02-Jan-2007, 04:03 PM
I like Ray harryhausen animation alot and I liked it because of the dated feel. If someone made a movie like that now I would run to see it.
That was the last movie of that kind made. I saw it in 81 and I was about 13, i guess, so I thought it was awesome

_liam_
02-Jan-2007, 04:31 PM
oh yeah it did kick arse, i love golden voyage of sindad and all that, but it really looked like it was a lot older than it was, like the film stock and the actors all looked kinda old school (you know the way people in the day actually looked different). the medusa bit was classic...

i think some stop motion stuff was done by phil tippet for the thing and return of the jedi but they didnt use it.

coma
02-Jan-2007, 05:12 PM
oh yeah it did kick arse, i love golden voyage of sindad and all that, but it really looked like it was a lot older than it was, like the film stock and the actors all looked kinda old school (you know the way people in the day actually looked different). the medusa bit was classic...
I think Titans was actually Italian, but I am not sure. But I know what you mean.
That MEdusa part was the best section of the movie. And The Cyclops. Or was that Sinbad? I really liked Sinbad.It was jam packed with Harryhausen Awesomeness

MikePizzoff
02-Jan-2007, 05:13 PM
I haven't seen this movie in forever! It's a shame that when they released it on DVD they cleaned it up and made it look more "modern". Morons.

TwoGunBob
02-Jan-2007, 05:31 PM
It's alright but I still feel Jason and the Argonauts was the strongest of the bunch. The extended sword fight with the animated skeletons was just amazing in its time.
I saw Clash of the Titans at the drive in when I was just a tiny tot and was transfixed. It didn't age as well with me as the Argonauts saga though.

capncnut
02-Jan-2007, 06:57 PM
Calibos scared the s**t out of me as a kid. Especially when he plunged his knife into the sack that contained Medusa's head and all those scorpions came out. :eek:

Mutineer
03-Jan-2007, 01:59 AM
If there is a film that deserves a remake; this is one of em

slickwilly13
03-Jan-2007, 03:35 AM
Calibos scared the s**t out of me as a kid. Especially when he plunged his knife into the sack that contained Medusa's head and all those scorpions came out. :eek:

He was creepy when I was a kid, too. It was as if he became more beast-like and had a bladed or forked hand.

Danny
03-Jan-2007, 06:35 AM
and r2-d-tard if ever there were one...

see?, told ya it'd catch on.:sneaky: