PDA

View Full Version : New Halloween, Loomis actor confirmed.

capncnut
02-Jan-2007, 11:48 PM
The following information is from Zombie's myspace page.

Friday, December 22, 2006
AND DR LOOMIS IS.......?

Well, here is the news you've all been waiting for, who is Dr Loomis? Well, the answer is... the one and only MALCOLM McDOWELL! Yes, lengendary actor Malcolm McDowell will be the new Dr Loomis.

As many of you know A Clockwork Orange is my favorite film and I am a huge, huge fan of Malcolm. I know Malcolm will kick ass as Dr Loomis. He is thrilled to be part of HALLOWEEN and is ready to make a new classic.

Interesting... :rockbrow:

bassman
03-Jan-2007, 12:00 AM
damn homie....this was announced about 2 weeks ago.:)

Cool news, though. Dude rocked in A Clockwork Orange.

Danny
03-Jan-2007, 06:36 AM
i not actually seen that film yet y'know.:rockbrow:

MinionZombie
03-Jan-2007, 11:16 AM
Damn man, WATCH IT!

Hmmm ... McDowell as Loomis ... hmmm ... hopefully he won't be as intense or wacked out as he usually appears to be in his performances...

Rob Zombie meets Halloween ... I'm still interested...:)

_liam_
03-Jan-2007, 11:30 AM
well it seems to have a good pedigree so far, but i'm still concerned.

rob zombie to me, seemed to champion new movies over crappy remakes by making the devils rejects, which for me evoked the feel of texas chainsaw, hills have eyes, people under the stairs etc a thousand times more effectively than any of these glossy MTV-esque remakes. so it's kinda disheartening to see him jumping on the remake bandwagon himself.

however i do feel he is a competent director who really knows the genre, and this is an interesting piece of casting indeed...

MikePizzoff
03-Jan-2007, 11:53 AM
so it's kinda disheartening to see him jumping on the remake bandwagon himself.

I feel he's probably doing it so some other asswipe can't fark it up. I have extreme faith in him.

capncnut
03-Jan-2007, 10:42 PM

Excuse?

I feel he's probably doing it so some other asswipe can't fark it up. I have extreme faith in him.

Me too. It's amazing how we accept this remake but not anyone elses.