PDA

View Full Version : V for Vendetta? Any good? [MERGED THREADS]

zombie04
17-Mar-2006, 01:20 AM
I'm about to go see it in about an hour, not sure what to expect from it. Anybody think it will be good or a repeat of Matrix Revolutions?

bassman
17-Mar-2006, 03:21 AM
Having never read the graphic novel and only judging by the trailer....I think it looks pretty cool. I'm going to give it a chance. Could go either way I guess.

Be sure to let us know what you think:cool:

AcesandEights
17-Mar-2006, 03:40 AM
As I have mentioned recently on another board I frequent, I will give this film a shot. The original serial (later finished off in it's graphic novel form) was pretty damned good. Yeah, yeah, a ton of people will probably follow me and slag on Hollywood, but nothing ventured, nothing gained and I'll just get a kick out of seeing how it makes the transition. Sometimes you just have to be open to enjoying the experience.

People shouldn't be afraid of their goverments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Gotta love it :evil:

jdog
17-Mar-2006, 05:38 AM
the trailer looked not to bad. i hope its not like most hollywood crap!

MinionZombie
17-Mar-2006, 10:39 AM
Maybe at the very least it'll wake some kids up and smell the turd roses of the Labour government and realise they're screwing up Britain big style and need to be ousted...but hopefully that wouldn't mean a bunch of Liberal pansy votes - if the LibDems were liberal they'd have let the bisexual guy who was forced out of the closet in public continue to run for the leadership. *pfft*

bassman
17-Mar-2006, 12:54 PM
I'll definitely see it for Natalie Portman. Even without hair she's still hot:shifty: .....

p2501
17-Mar-2006, 02:16 PM
i'll be seeing it this weekend, i'll update my lj with a review once i'm back and have had a chance to digest everything.

i should point out i'm fanatical about the graphic novel. for about a year i wanted to have a quote from it tattooed on me.

AcesandEights
17-Mar-2006, 09:41 PM
Oh, they are doing showings on iMax, so that's my plan for Sunday afternoon.

Mmmmmm, explosions on iMax :D

bassman
17-Mar-2006, 10:38 PM
I have yet to see ANY film on IMAX. Hell, I don't even know where an Imax theater is.

I would have loved to have seen "Batman Begins" that way, though...

p2501
20-Mar-2006, 01:34 PM
holy ****.

i'm considerably doubtful that i'll see a better film this year.

it's a absolutely brilliant adapatation o the source material, further, Hugo Weaving ****ing nailed it.

:elol:

p2501
20-Mar-2006, 02:22 PM
saw it sunday night on Imax.

it's was completely fraking brilliant.

Geophyrd
20-Mar-2006, 03:38 PM
however it pales in comparison to the graphic novel. LOVED that graphic novel so much that my passion is illegal in certain midwest states.

HLS
20-Mar-2006, 04:19 PM
I am thinking about seeing it this afternoon or go to suncoast and get a cheezy movie.

Heidi

p2501
20-Mar-2006, 05:01 PM
however it pales in comparison to the graphic novel. LOVED that graphic novel so much that my passion is illegal in certain midwest states.

heh heh

****ing WORD!:elol:

Burbank
20-Mar-2006, 06:38 PM
I saw an interview with Alan Moore (the only time I've ever seen him talk) and he's not a fan of the adaption.

I've heard that it is the best adaption of one of his works to date, but that's not really hard considering the past efforts.

I do fancy seeing it as it looks pretty fun and I'm not that big a fan of the original so I'm not likely to be as disappointed as I was with LoEG.

p2501
20-Mar-2006, 06:54 PM
they did trim the story here ad there, and i can see why he wanted his name off of it. but to behonest i loved the movie.

i'm catching it again later this week.

also League was just ass.

All_Else_Failed
20-Mar-2006, 07:18 PM
I do fancy seeing it as it looks pretty fun and I'm not that big a fan of the original so I'm not likely to be as disappointed as I was with LoEG.

You've got to admit... it was funny. :o

HLS
21-Mar-2006, 02:26 AM
I just saw it and it was one of the best movies I watched all year! I expected to hate it but I just loved it! i give it a 5 popcorn bag rating:p

p2501
21-Mar-2006, 07:08 PM
funny in that, Oh my god we are a doomed people sort of way.

not since Medggido:the omega code 2 have i seen a worse film.

the CG effects were sub N64 quality

Neil
22-Mar-2006, 06:19 PM
Anyone seen it? What did you think?

Tullaryx
22-Mar-2006, 06:22 PM
Yes...yes, it's very good. Though tv conservative pundits like Joe Scarborough on MSNBC thinks its 100% anti-American bullcrap and pro-terrorism. the film doesn't follow everything that was in the original graphic novel but keeps the spirit of the book intact.

heh heh

****ing WORD!:elol:

I wonder how you'd react if there was suddenly news that Spider Jerusalem and The city were to be adapted as an HBO mini-series. :)

AcesandEights
22-Mar-2006, 11:40 PM
HOLY SH*T!

I saw this Sunday, and although I know it's a matter of time till someone probably comes along and takes a **** on the movie, I will say I unabashedly loved it!

I saw it on IMAX (note to self, 3 story tall close ups of british dentition = scariest thing I've ever seen), but the experience was amazing, and while I can't say the updating of the story was completely faithful to the original, I truly believe it bears the flame forward.

I'll see this again if I get more folks to go see it. I'll also own the DVD.

Damn...

DeadJonas190
23-Mar-2006, 05:03 AM
V for Vendetta was fantastic. Go see it now.

MinionZombie
23-Mar-2006, 09:53 AM
Well I haven't seen it yet, but that's probably how Britain will end up if those f*cking Labour bastards stay in power, stop voting Liberal you protesting pansies! *grrr!*

Neil
26-Mar-2006, 05:22 PM
Saw it last Thursday... Loved most of it, but felt the ending got a tad Hollywood/contrived... Good stuff though!

HLS
26-Mar-2006, 07:19 PM
One thing I noticed on this movie. The ruler or what ever he is called, they dilated his pupils. perhaps to make him look more sinister?:rockbrow:

p2501
27-Mar-2006, 12:55 PM
Yes...yes, it's very good. Though tv conservative pundits like Joe Scarborough on MSNBC thinks its 100% anti-American bullcrap and pro-terrorism. the film doesn't follow everything that was in the original graphic novel but keeps the spirit of the book intact.

I wonder how you'd react if there was suddenly news that Spider Jerusalem and The city were to be adapted as an HBO mini-series. :)

it would depent entirely on casting. there are so very few people that could do jerusalem without making it idoitic.