PDA

View Full Version : Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Tullaryx
22-Mar-2006, 07:39 PM
Anyone else get this game for the 360 or PC? I've invested around 6 hours of casual playing when I got it yesterday and I have to say that it builds on all the positive things from Morrowind and makes them better. The battle mechanics are much better. The same goes for the menu interface. Where Morrowind's was somewhat clunky even after all the patches and updates, Oblivion's is almost idiot proof.

I'll probably delete the character I made yesterday and start over with a much more detailed character creation (very detailed faces...took me almost an hour just messing around with the options) and seriously looking for quests, loot and critters to kill.

idsaluteyoubub
23-Mar-2006, 02:17 AM
I played the hell out of Morrowind...and if I had the money I would totally buy this game...but I would need a new computer or a 360. But its one of the games I have been anticipating for a long time.

Tullaryx
23-Mar-2006, 01:00 PM
I played the hell out of Morrowind...and if I had the money I would totally buy this game...but I would need a new computer or a 360. But its one of the games I have been anticipating for a long time.

My brother's gotten a hold of Oblivion and won;t let me play. :lol:

But I'll bet getting a second 360 for my room and get a new copy of the game to do some marathon gaming. They've already announced a new download content for the game on XBLive: Horse Armor Pack.

CoinReturn
24-Mar-2006, 02:28 AM
I've been playing for the past few days as an orc and its been awesome. There is so much you can do in this game like hunting, going in to dungeons, wandering around the forest, harvesting ingredients, building up your character etc.... Its been really fun so far, aren't there like 200 dungeons? Edit: AND THE QUESTS! There is such a variety of things to do, it really keeps the game fresh. Joining guilds is cool too, Dark Brotherhood ftw!

Arcades057
24-Mar-2006, 05:25 AM
Oh... my... God... it's out?!?! At retail stores or only online?? I played Morrowind forever, but I lost interest after killing everyone in the world. Another world to ruin...

Tullaryx
24-Mar-2006, 02:21 PM
Joining guilds is cool too, Dark Brotherhood ftw!

I've joined that and the Mages and Fighter's guild. :D

Neil
24-Mar-2006, 02:58 PM
I dare not buy this game... The amount of time I'd lose to it scares me!

Tullaryx
24-Mar-2006, 03:29 PM

Give in to your dark side....

DeadJonas190
25-Mar-2006, 04:34 AM
Oh... my... God... it's out?!?! At retail stores or only online?? I played Morrowind forever, but I lost interest after killing everyone in the world. Another world to ruin...

It came out this past Tuesday. Go, ruin another world!

Tullaryx
27-Mar-2006, 09:11 PM
Man, this game is too cool. You're character doesn't go out seeking to join the Assassins Guild. No, they'll seek you out when they think you've done enough murder. :)

I just need to share this with anyone who has the game or planning to. It had me rolling whenever I listened to the player doing the commentary in the background.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkU1PyqO3dw&search=Oblivion

Arcades057
28-Mar-2006, 12:22 AM
Yes, I shall indeed ruin yet another world. Do those little twirps still call you a felcher when you smear them?

Danny
31-Mar-2006, 12:30 PM
But I'll bet getting a second 360 .

barstard.

im still playing morrowind and ive clocked up 225 hours.