PDA

View Full Version : Future of Media Content & Sharing?

Dawg
04-Jan-2007, 08:07 PM
For me, the following would be the ultimate way of using media content in one's life and household.

It would be like a connection between tv and the net in which you purchase some form of content once and it is digitally stored on a back-up device such as a huge hard drive or crystals or something that can be transferred to other devices. (i.e. portable devices)

You should only have to acquire the content once and never have to pay for it again. (The ultimate thing would to not ever pay for it and have it regarded as free information like in Star Trek, but that won't happen due to greed and the fact that they do need to make money to live.)

As for the tv/net thing. Instead of having to go to a store and purchase a dvd tv collection such as South Park, you should be able to instantly buy it online and have it downloaded almost instantly to a drive that is enormous in size and then instead of popping in a dvd, you just do a search on the tv unit and instantly load the episode you want to watch. No fuss or mess. (In a way, we are sort of there now... to a degree, but it is still in the infant stages.)

Also, it would be nice if after awhile, content can be made available to anyone for free. (I guess after 50+ years it can become public domain unless it is renewed.) That way, the content owner wouldn't keep putting out another crappy dvd release instead of making much better content and not the same old $hit.

I think a Holodeck would be a reality before studios give up their infinite lackluster dvd movie release editions.

:dead: Dawg