PDA

View Full Version : A Sequel Your Way

BlueRoseRomeo
23-Mar-2006, 03:07 AM
Ok...lets say that the budget has been approved for another part to the Romero "of the dead" movies. You are in charge of casting and plot writting.

How about a list of a couple people that you would cast?

How about a basic plot line?

Head Shotz
23-Mar-2006, 03:25 AM
Two plot lines that have always bounced around in my head. I've always wanted to see a film that either followed up on the rednecks from Dawn, and or the biker gang and there travels. I've also felt that it would be cool to see a film that continued on from where Day left off as far as the experiamentation.

Deadman_Deluxe
23-Mar-2006, 03:27 AM

Complete cast of unknown actors, so no one you would have ever heard of ... with the exception of Howard Sherman, who would take a small cameo role.

Hey, guess what? The dead STILL walk the earth ... :skull:

EvilNed
19-Apr-2006, 04:46 PM
I don't know, but definetly something different. No more "hold up in a place with zombies" outside. The setting would definetly be in a post-apocalyptic future, much like Land. The dead are everywhere, and almost all traces of human civilization are gone.

I'm thinking something about a gang of survivors traveling through Alaska, northern Canada or Norway or something and keeping on the move always to avoid being boggled down by any dead things. They find a huge crashed oil tanker and decide to hold up for the winter there. Inside it's pretty much a paradise, with lots of food but a rather dark and dull design. They do manage to get the ships batteries going and get the electricity going as well.

Somehow the ships gets dislodged from the ice that it's crashed in, maybe it melts or cracks or something, and the ship is once again at sea. The survivors try to get it back to shore, but in the meanwhile they find out that the ships center is infested with the dead who haven't tasted human flesh in a long long time.

I imagine a very grim ending too, probably something along the lines of NOTLD 68.

Philly_SWAT
19-Apr-2006, 05:34 PM
Not bad EvilNed. Personally, I would like to see a story about what happened to Fran and Peter after they took off from the mall. Dont know who I would cast, I would definately want unknowns. I was gonna write a story once about how the helicopter started sputtering, and they had to put down not far from the mall, meet up with some people on the highway, and make their way toward Florida, kinda catching up to Day.

zombie04
19-Apr-2006, 09:56 PM
I would have it be like the Road Warrior with zombies and have Bruce Campbell be the main character leading everybody. At least that's just the way I'd like it.

strayrider
24-Apr-2006, 02:09 AM
If this is going to be a true sequel, I'd like GAR to use the same cast from Land as the crew of Dead Reckoning.

Plot: this film would take place three months after the fall of Fiddlers Green.

The film opens with the crew battling their way out of a town they had raided for supplies. Riley's dream of a "safe" place is rapidly fading as food, fuel and ammo run short.

We find that Slack is pregnant with Riley's child and this responsibility is weighing heavily on him. Add in the fact that Pretty Boy is hopelessly in love with Riley for intrest and tension.

They find shelter with a small enclave of survivors holding up in a remote farmhouse in the boonies. These survivors could be military, bikers and a handful of redneck posse members. The enclave is ringed by a network of trenches, bunkers and outposts.

The problem is that an increasing number of ghouls are slowly filtering into the area.

The arrival of Dead Reckoning is like a God send, with its heavy weapons and armor. Unfortunately, the vehicle is nearly out of fuel -- enough for one more raid, perhaps on one of those big gasoline storage facilities.

During this raid there is a major malfunction which causes one of the gas tanks to explode, destroying DR and killing nearly all of the crew.

Riley, Slack, Charlie and Pretty Boy escape and flee on foot back to the enclave. They are now trapped with the rest of the survivors with no way to get anywhere fast.

The number of ghouls in the area increases, with attacks on the perimeter now almost constant.

As night falls, and thousands of zombies encircle the enclave, will our heros hope to survive to see the dawn?

:D

-stray-

ipotts85
24-Apr-2006, 08:52 AM
the dead reckoning gang is reminiscent of the bikers and rednecks from dawn, i thought.

Cykotic
24-Apr-2006, 10:00 AM
What about seeing what happened in other parts of the world? Of course, G.A.R will direct but I always wanted to see what would happen in England if the dead had taken over. With hardly any Firearms, food and supplies being a problem and the dead getting smarter, It would be fun to see that situation played out....

And as for a cast, I would only have maybe one big name in it: Ray Winstone... One of Englands great actors.

Guido
25-Apr-2006, 01:49 AM
i would make a dead movie that would explain how it started. either show the gov't starting it as a plan to eliminate the world's growing population or as an element of warfare. of course, it wouldn't go as planned.

that's just how i've always viewed it in gar's series. some sort of gov't experiment or devious plot. sometime i think it's better without a rhyme or reason, but sometimes i want an explanation. if done intelligently and not including the 'smart' zombies of LotD, i think it could be very successful.

Combat Zombie
26-Apr-2006, 12:30 AM
I'd probably make it more of a "meanwhile..." kinda film. Basically, a wounded soldier from Vietnam returns home without an arm, and according to everyone around him, his sanity. So, he is sent to an huge old Asylum. But when the dead begin to rise, many inmates and staff die as they try to escape. As the survivors slowly lose hope, the one-armed soldier is reminded of the things he saw in the war, and must try to maintain his humanity and the little bit of sanity he has left if he hopes to survive not only the dead outside, but an insane serial killer who is lurking somewhere in the halls of the Asylum.

Guido
26-Apr-2006, 10:52 PM
i like it, that's a good one.

Deaths_Shadow
03-May-2006, 08:18 AM

Complete cast of , so no one you would have ever heard of ... with the exception of Howard Sherman, who would take a small cameo role.

Hey, guess what? The dead STILL walk the earth ... :skull:
i agree completly, unknowns are what made the trilogy. at least it did for me.

Eyebiter
13-May-2006, 02:13 PM
I'd make it 'Beneath the Planet of the Apes' style, where the first five minutes fo the LOTD2 lifted from the first movie.

Have Dead Reckoning drive north. Low on fuel they have to periodically stop and scrounge food, fuel, and supplies.

At an abandoned gas station Charlie gets distracted by a comic book, and gets bit by a zombie. While Charlie pleads to Riley to shoot him, Slack takes the initiative and kills him. This causes a rift between them, while Riley knows it needed to be done at the same time he blames both Slack and himself for Charlie's death.

Soon after Dead Reckoning has a skirmish with a group of well armed group of survivalists. When one starts making abusive racial comments about Pillsbury, a fight breaks out. Slack convinces Riley to leave. The survivalists are angry, feeling their hospitality was taken advantage of. Their leader plots to get the semi truck for themselves.

Later Dead Reckoning rolls into an isolated community relatively untouched by the zombie epidemic. At first they are welcomed by the townsfolk eager for news from the outside world. Then during a night of heavy drinking Pretty Boy tells one of the townsfolk about Cholo and what really happened at Fiddler's Green.

There is a growing sense of mistrust among the crew and the townsfolk. A radio transmission from the survivalists asks for help, and Riley wants to take Dead Reckoning over to help them. The townspeople try to convince them it's a trap, to no avail. The Dead Reckoning crew arrives to find the other community apparently abandoned, but it's really an ambush.

During the firefight Pillsbury is shot by a sniper and is gravely wounded. While Dead Reckoning blasts the town and retreats, groups of undead begin to appear.

There is a point where the group of zombies that Riley failed to destroy at the end of Land of the Dead return. The Dead Reckoning crew is blamed for bringing them up from the south. Out of ammunition, the crew is trapped inside the semi truck unable to save the town. In the end they abandon the town, just as they left Fiddler's Green behind.

darth los
27-Jun-2007, 12:55 AM
What about seeing what happened in other parts of the world? Of course, G.A.R will direct but I always wanted to see what would happen in England if the dead had taken over. With hardly any Firearms, food and supplies being a problem and the dead getting smarter, It would be fun to see that situation played out....

And as for a cast, I would only have maybe one big name in it: Ray Winstone... One of Englands great actors.

Or in southeast asia, china and india, where there is a concentration of over two billion people in an area no larger than the u.s. and mexico combined. There are literally people on top of each other and there's no where to go like northern canada for us. Imagine the carnage that would ensue.

MissJacksonCA
01-Jul-2007, 05:28 AM
I wouldn't list the cast because I wouldn't hire well known actors. I'd draw from a line up of straigt to video actors that have no real fame.

The general plot of the film would be the Earth is dunzo and the survivors are fighting each other and the zombies for remaining world domination. Some people may be able to go on surviving but some are gonna give into the fact that life as they knew it will never be the same. There will be no ipods and no electricity. Phones may never work again. But those are small in comparason to the fact that in order to live to see another day they will have to kill the zombies that outnumber them... and avoid or kill those other survivors that pose a threat to their safety. In a sense my Land of the Dead would be a film that focuses on the fact that everyone is dead... the ones that are alive are waiting to die ... waiting to become one of them... perhaps not all wars were meant to be won...