PDA

View Full Version : Borat...

Neil
08-Jan-2007, 08:48 PM
...Thought it was good/OK, but not as good as the hype...

HLS
08-Jan-2007, 09:41 PM
I expected to be horrid but I liked it. I had a good laugh.

Maitreya
09-Jan-2007, 01:45 AM
I thought it was ****ing hilarious, I couldn't stop laughing, I mean the rodeo and naked wrestling scenes were priceless.

MinionZombie
09-Jan-2007, 09:21 AM
I still haven't gotten around to watching it, it's something about all the hype around such movies that puts me off. The same thing with Snakes on a Plane, hype-wise, I only just watched it a few days ago (and enjoyed it).

So I'll wait a little while until I see Borat, wait until the hype dies down...

_liam_
12-Jan-2007, 09:56 PM
i nearly bust a gut laughing, but i suspect it's because i'm a sucker for that kind of lowbrow humour & i love acts like baron cohen's and that dennis pennis thing.

it is kinda politically & ethically questionable though. you can say "Oh well its funny because his character highlights the ignorance of the people he comes into contact with", which is very true, but i feel it's also true that a lot of the humour comes from a negative stereotype of eastern european/arabian men that is held by many westerners which he capitalises upon. nobody wants to admit it though!

but still, it's undeniably at least kinda funny, and in a whole different league to the ali g movie.

Danny
13-Jan-2007, 05:47 PM
yeah and the funnyiest thing is those american frat boys who were sexist/ racist are suing borat for sying they were portrayed unfaily:lol:

MinionZombie
13-Jan-2007, 06:25 PM
Those frat boys must be of the Phil "Chris Morris duped my totally retarded ass" Collins school of not knowing when to shut the f*ck up, and save a shred of face.