PDA

View Full Version : ****

MikePizzoff
23-Mar-2006, 03:10 AM
What's up with the blocking of profanity on the new boards? Pretty much everyone on here is mature enough to handle it. Just curious, because I've heard a few people on here wondering the same thing.

Andy
23-Mar-2006, 08:36 PM
i take it this is a result of my topic in general discussion (the posts have since been removed from it).

i personally like the swear filter and enjoy being able to browse the forums without profanity in every other post.

sure everyone on here is old enough to handle profanity, but biologically, every adult in the world can also handle alcohol, dosn't mean they have to like it :p

idsaluteyoubub
23-Mar-2006, 09:07 PM
i take it this is a result of my topic in general discussion (the posts have since been removed from it).

i personally like the swear filter and enjoy being able to browse the forums without profanity in every other post.

sure everyone on here is old enough to handle profanity, but biologically, every adult in the world can also handle alcohol, dosn't mean they have to like it :p

Puritan Andy!

Hehe...I have given you a lot of monikers as of late:D

deadpunk
24-Mar-2006, 03:27 AM
File it under: "Thats just L-A-M-E."

DeadCentral
24-Mar-2006, 03:55 AM
I wouldn't say it's lame , I'd say it's an adult approach to running a forum. Profanity is not exactly a sign of superior intelligence, it's actually a display of ignorance (in MY opinion) for those who lack a vocabulary fitting for public display.
Just My opinion, and it does not reflect the opinion of Neils staff or anyone else.
the choice of not allowing it on this board in particular is completely up to the staff and not up to the users to decide. It could also be looked upon as a courtesy to the users who do feel it offensive...

deadpunk
24-Mar-2006, 04:55 AM
Like I said...L-A-M-E.

Philly_SWAT
24-Mar-2006, 05:00 AM
Profanity is not exactly a sign of superior intelligence, it's actually a display of ignorance (in MY opinion) for those who lack a vocabulary fitting for public display.

Am I missing something? This entire site is supposed to be dedicated to the movies of George Romero. Isn't there plenty of profanity in his movies? Does that mean his movies are not fit for public display? That seems to make no sense at worst, hypocritical at best. By putting on a profanity filter, you are basically making our thoughts nothing but a mouthful of Greek Salad....

Arcades057
24-Mar-2006, 05:04 AM
L-A-M-E it is. I think the dreaded "f-bomb" was dropped a dozen times or more in Land of the dead, where people are being torn apart by dead people. Yeah, and there is moderate nudity in the movie, along with lesbian kissing and lots of blood. And intestines too. And more profanity. But on a site devoted to the movies there is no profanity? Just my $0.02, but it strikes me as a little bit odd...

deadpunk
24-Mar-2006, 05:07 AM
mmmmmmmm...lesbian kisses......

losherman
24-Mar-2006, 05:10 AM

no big deal andy, dont need it anyway.

Adrenochrome
24-Mar-2006, 05:11 AM
It's the children and the uneducated that use those words. No biggie.

Arcades057
24-Mar-2006, 05:15 AM
Yep, and it's children and the uneducated who can't understand the difference between CONTEXT and CONTENT. Not all profanity is useless, precious.

deadpunk
24-Mar-2006, 05:16 AM
It's the children and the uneducated that use those words. No biggie.
Meh..that Language filter and the new heavy hand of the 'sheriff' just make twerps like you feel safer...

I'm kidding of course, right?

no big deal andy, dont need it anyway.

No..what you need is a grammar filter, you illiterate pus-bag. Something to convert your third grade education into something the rest of us can actually fathom some meaning from. :evil: :elol:

Adrenochrome
24-Mar-2006, 05:20 AM
Yep, and it's children and the uneducated who can't understand the difference between CONTEXT and CONTENT. Not all profanity is useless, precious.
Profanity - Abusive, vulgar, or irreverent language
Irreverent - Lacking or exhibiting a lack of reverence; disrespectful.

Doesn't look like profanity could be used as a form of intelligent communication.

Arcades057
24-Mar-2006, 05:21 AM
Right on! Everyone got their Captain Nitwit decoder rings hand, losherman is here!

deadpunk
24-Mar-2006, 05:26 AM
Profanity - Abusive, vulgar, or irreverent language
Irreverent - Lacking or exhibiting a lack of reverence; disrespectful.

Doesn't look like profanity could be used as a form of intelligent communication.

Well hot ****, we been ****ing schooled by the biggest **** out there. :elol:

Arcades057
24-Mar-2006, 05:28 AM
Yeah you're right. Any minute now this post'll be locked, GUARANTEED. Too bad, really. We're off to a rousing night! :mad:

deadpunk
24-Mar-2006, 05:40 AM
lol...they'll stop anyway...they've given us all the bad rep they can for one day ;)

Arcades057
24-Mar-2006, 05:52 AM
That's what it's about, my friend. That and the butt-kissing.

Deadman_Deluxe
24-Mar-2006, 09:19 AM
Right on! Everyone got their Captain Nitwit decoder rings handy, losherman is here!

Lol ... losherman?

MikePizzoff
24-Mar-2006, 01:18 PM
Uh oh... what'd I do?! :o

I feel that profanity can often help describe the extremity of situations or things. (IE: "Holy ****! That was ****ing insane!" is a lot more "real" feeling than "Jee golly! That was crazy!")

No disrespect to those of you to prefer to have it filtered, of course. Too bad there isn't a way you can set the filter on/off in personal options.

Andy
24-Mar-2006, 01:21 PM
this forum is not a discussion forum it is a place for people to ask staff a question. if you dont have a question or anything inteligent to add to a conversation. dont post here.

this topic is closed, deadpunk and arcades, your both on warnings.