PDA

View Full Version : 24 ... season 6 ... the first four episodes!!!

MinionZombie
09-Jan-2007, 07:59 PM
Okay, so someone leaked the episodes (if Fox didn't see that coming when they insisted on releasing them on a special DVD then they really are a bunch of morons).

Anyway - don't post links to the episodes people, it's a naughty-no-no.

Now, back to what I was on about ... as a major 24 fan, I have to say I'm lovin' it, but as I like to go out on a high note, I'll address minor grievances first:

* A few too many character actors from other things, e.g:

"is he asian, or is he black character actor"
"guy with brain tumor from Lords of Dogtown"
"guy from Ally McBeal"
"not-the-oriental-asian, asian guy from Harold & Kumar"

And there's a couple more, but some aren't major inclusions, so it's not too bad (I can't believe Jennifer Aniston seriously thought she ever had a hope in hell of being cast in a show that's supposed to feel as real life as possible - if she was in there you'd just think "what's Rachel doing at CTU besides looking really hot?")

Also, Jack's a "broken man" in this season (quite rightly) after his between seasons 20 months of hell (poor bloke), but at times you feel the transition between "classic Jack" and "broken Jack" aren't as smooth as they could have been, but fortunately just when you're thinking "damn ... he turned around quick", they flip him round and start balancing out.

But, for those who have seen the four episodes - particularly the fourth episode, here are some 24 geek "OMFGZ!!11!1!!!!111!" style rantings ... again - about the fourth episode, the climax of the 4 episode premiere...

holy crap ... I'd read people talking about it blowing their balls off, but damn - Curtis is killed off during his uncharacteristic (yet justified) irrational behaviour - by Jack himself!!! ... and thus Jack falls into a spiral of "broken Jack" behaviour of the highest magnitude thus far ... then a f*cking suitcase nuke goes off in the city just when you think they've saved the Dad character and secured the bomb ... DAMN

Now I have to wait 2 weeks for episode 5 ... ah well, I know, I chose to jizz all over the shop early ... but it was worth it, the Jack Bauer Power Hour is back, baby!!! :cool: