PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Theatrical Dates for DEADLANDS

DjfunkmasterG
10-Jan-2007, 01:37 AM
2007, the year of the Dead. I have just been working on some more theatrical venues for DEADLANDS.

March 2007 - Hamilton Arts Center
April 2007 - Hagerstown Cinema 10 Multiplex

Dates and showtimes to be posted soon.

LouCipherr
10-Jan-2007, 03:55 PM
Dear God, my ugly mug is gonna be on a big screen?

Bring your white canes to the show, people.. after seeing us two on the big screen, ya'll are gonna be blind. :lol:

DjfunkmasterG
10-Jan-2007, 04:21 PM
They might not be able to see you... Hard to see around a 300lb Bald guy. I tend to take up most of the shot.

LouCipherr
10-Jan-2007, 04:32 PM
touche'! :D

FYI, horror-movies.ca is even pimpin' the theatrical dates:

Make with the Clickey (http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_7251.html)

DjfunkmasterG
27-Jan-2007, 06:08 PM
Ok Kiddies, here are the goodies.

Deadlands: The Rising
Theatrical Dates

April 14th 2007 - Hagerstown Cineplex 10 Hagerstown, MD 21742
Showtime: 9:00pm EST
Ticket Price $7.00
Projection Format: JVC D-ILA Digital w/ SDDS Sound

This screening is for the DVD release party and the theater is allowing guests to come in zombie make-up. There will be (3) other short films shown before Deadlands.

Under The Bed - Directed by Lonnie Martin
I am Zombie Man - Directed by Nick Thomson
3rd film - Unknown (Possibly IAZM2)

trailer for upcoming indie horror features.

Intro to feature presentation with Director Gary Ugarek and Producer Brian Wright. Under The Bed director Lonnie Martin will also be present. After the film a 20 minute Q&A will be held with all filmmakers.

FREE DVD Giveaway to the first 10 people.

10% of all gross tickets sales are going to charity. This is a 3 hour long event and the feature presentation will be an extended cut containing deleted scenes not available on the DVD release, and will include an alternate score.

Children under 17 are allowed with Parent or Legal Guardian.

axlish
27-Jan-2007, 06:11 PM
Congrats on the theatrical dates. Show Season! :o

MinionZombie
27-Jan-2007, 08:59 PM
That sounds like a good night of entertainment right there.

*just notices the BenZee quote ... chuckles* :)

I hope to get a final copy of IAZM2 out to you Deej, as soon as possible ... it'd definitely be in time for April 14th I'd say. :D

It's a shame we didn't live in the same country so I could poke me 'ed in. Take some piccies, having people turn up dressed as zombies sounds like a kick ass idea. :cool:

LouCipherr
28-Jan-2007, 12:48 PM
What would be really cool is if you and Zombie Man made an appearance! Could you imagine a live Q&A w/ZM? :lol: That would be hilarious. :D

MinionZombie
28-Jan-2007, 12:59 PM
lol, I'm sure he'd love it, if he could smuggle enough coovan in his hoodie pocket into the States ... the border patrol guards would probably mistake him for a Taliban-twat or something. :lol:

Mind you - Kevlar crash helmet! :D

LouCipherr
29-Jan-2007, 02:14 PM
Mind you - Kevlar crash helmet! :D

:lol: :lol:

Then he'd be unstoppable! :D

MinionZombie
29-Jan-2007, 02:29 PM
Added an extra bit to my last post on the IAZM2 "peepers" thread, damn Automerge *grrrr*...

If I win a buttload of cash on the bonds or something in the next few weeks/couple of months I'll fly over ... if not, send me a postcard. :D

DjfunkmasterG
29-Jan-2007, 10:00 PM
Minion...

Before you send me I AM ZOMBIE MAN 1 & 2, please regrade the print. Friday night I went to the theater and we watched Deadlands on the big 40ft wide screen in the largest auditorium and it was dark..a little too dark. Scene where Brian and I walk down the street were so dark I couldn't even see them so I am gaining it up a tad to fix that problem. I turned the gain down because on the boob tube it was too bright.

The projector is a JVC D-ILA, one of only 20 100% HD Digital Projectors made for Cinema's and it is huge Fooker. In fact this is the only projector Lucas Films would approved the digital version of Attack of the Clones to be shown on when it was released, and the theater has 2 of the 20. It also projects in SDDS, so if you master your film in Surround it will project in surround.

Also, remember your export of the film has to be NTSC Widescreen otherwise they would have to change aspect ratio's on the projector between films and that takes 10 minutes. So make sure you export it as 2-3-3-2 NTSC 24p Widescreen Pulldown.

MinionZombie
29-Jan-2007, 10:10 PM
Errr ... right ... that sounds confusing. :confused:

Of course the problem with IAZM is that it was shot in 4:3...

IAZM2 was shot in 16:9 letterbox...

DjfunkmasterG
29-Jan-2007, 10:37 PM
I will fix IAZM, I have that file already. Just make sure you re-grade (Brighten) IAZM2. I can tell from the WMV file it will be dark as hell on the screen. I want people to see the comedic genius of these films properly.

Dj :D

To wet everyone's whistle... The THEATRICAL TEASER!

http://media.putfile.com/DEADLANDS-Theatrical-trailer

jdog
29-Jan-2007, 11:48 PM
nice work. cant wait to get the dvd copy

capncnut
30-Jan-2007, 01:29 AM
The following PREVIEW is considered RESTRICTED.

Crazy, that trailer would probably be rated 12 in the UK. I still gotta see it though, looked quite dramatic. :)

MinionZombie
30-Jan-2007, 10:18 AM
Mucho appreciente, Sir. :)

You know exactly what needs doing, and me with Vegas at the moment is like two virgins trying to get jiggy in the dark. :lol:

When the time comes, could you gimme the jist of regrading the picture for IAZM2 in Vegas, and then I'll send over the actual DVD as well as the theatrical copy ... oooh, that makes me feel all spunky.

Consider my whistled whetted. ;)

DjfunkmasterG
30-Jan-2007, 11:23 AM
Vegas is easy man... if LouCipherr can pick it up in 15 minutes via a phone conversation you should be able to get it with a few quick steps.

In each scene, when you cut the film in Vegas, there is two little buttons on the bottom of each video frame. You want to click the bottom of the 2 buttons, this opens the effects artillery.

Once you open that, click Color Corrector (secondary) and use the gain to slightly brighten up the picture. the standard is 1.000 you will only need to go to 1.100 or 1.200 max. You filmed a majority of this during the day but the aperature must have been heavily muted because the picture is quite dark at times. Anyway, brighten it up just a hair on every frame, making sure each fream matches the previous and viola... complete.

MinionZombie
30-Jan-2007, 05:08 PM
I changed the white balance, that gave it the cold feel, but generally didn't change anything (aside from the ND Filter now and then to get 3 levels of brightness on a shot), it was just really dull when we were filming. The camera was probably notched down a tad, but actually not that much. :)

We ran out of light really fast on the first day in particular.

I've emailed myself those instructions so I'll have a gander at fiddling that once I've got the final cut ready to go in there to get felt up. :lol:

Fulcifan91
31-Jan-2007, 03:27 AM
MZ, your clever way with words always make my nights. :lol:

LouCipherr
31-Jan-2007, 12:44 PM
MZ, your clever way with words always make my nights. :lol:

Exactly the reason IAZM is so wonderful. :D

DjfunkmasterG
09-Feb-2007, 11:55 PM
Update,

The trailer for Deadlands: The Rising is playing before Hannibal Rising at the Hagerstown Cineplex it will be playing at in April. The projectionist called me and he said during their 7:30 show he rolled the trailer and when the girls throat was torn out the audience cheered and applauded.

He mentioned they were murmuring about it during the Logo for the film company that is releasing Hannibal Rising. So it is getting some good buzz. :D