PDA

View Full Version : Primeval

slickwilly13
11-Jan-2007, 05:53 AM
I'm going to go on a little bit of a rant here. O.k., this movie is coming out in a couple of days. Here's the plot. "In one of the most remote places on earth, a bloodthirsty serial killer has claimed over 300 victims, and is still at large to this day. The danger begins as producer Tim Freeman, cameraman Steven Johnson and their rag-tag team set out on a journey up-river in search of their subject. But the deeper they probe into the mystery of this elusive assassin, the deadlier their trip becomes." Talk about misleading. I really don't want to spoil this movie, but if you don't know who the real Gustave is then click this link. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/2520815.stm And if you think you're watching a movie about a serial killer then you've been conned. A number of my friends actually thought this is going to be another slasher movie, until I told them about Gustave. Btw, I'm not saying this movie will suck, but I think the trailers and hype are b.s..

DeadJonas190
11-Jan-2007, 06:18 AM
I'll let you know if it sucks or not, I have passes to see it tomorrow night.

slickwilly13
11-Jan-2007, 06:24 AM
I'm going to wait until the reviews come out. If it is very violent and gory, then I might check it out. I just think the trailers kind of jerk the public around about the real plot.

MikePizzoff
11-Jan-2007, 12:02 PM
Yeah I was real pumped for this movie until about 4 days ago when I found out what it was really about. I hate how misleading films can be with their trailers. If I hadn't looked up info on this movie I would have been extremely pissed off when I went to see and found out what it actually was.

slickwilly13
11-Jan-2007, 04:33 PM
I was even duped for a little bit. In fact, my friends were asking if there was ever a serial killer in the States that could kill over 300 people and still be at large. If someone did that then there would be a massive manhunt for them. I am also a CJ major and I never recall studying about such a person. The only thing I could think of is the Bean family hundreds of years ago in Europe. One night a number of us were watching the UFC and they showed 2 trailers for Primeval back to back. The second time it mentioned Gustave. When I saw that I said, "Hey, wait a damn minute. That's who this is about?". I saw a documentary on Gustave on either Discovery Channel or Animal Planet a while back. My friends never heard of Gustave and were shocked that he does exist. The documentary filmed him. He makes a 16 ft croc look like a small juvenile compared to him. Even hippos are afraid of him, since he sometimes eats them. So they say. They think he might be around 60 + years old and around 25-30 ft long.

DeadJonas190
13-Jan-2007, 06:39 AM
Ok, I saw it Thursday night and was unable to reply until now. It was another killer croc movie. The subplot was alright (the warlord aspect of the movie), but overall it wasn't that great. The gore was pretty cool, excpet for the cgi gore... it never looks right. Unless you really want to see a killer croc movie, wait for it to come out on DVD in 4 months.

slickwilly13
13-Jan-2007, 09:02 PM
I have read a number of reviews and a lot of people have complained about it. Mainly false or misleading advertising, unrealistic croc movement & behavior, and bad plot that seem like 2 movies blended together. Hey, is it true that Gustave was galloping like a horse or cheetah?