PDA

View Full Version : brigade to remove Jetsons sound from chatroom

Bongholio
14-Jan-2007, 08:28 AM
Demands consideration :dead:
I only detected 3 sounds in that app
The krishna zombie alike "theme"
the Meet `jorge jetson xylophones
(this is a zombie website who has a hanna barbera fetish at HQ? :elol: )
and the various hover over cues.
If you're going to keep the Jetsons switch it to a "Jet Screamer" stinger sound file would be better.
:cool: 'EEP OPP ORK AH-AH' :cool:

capncnut
14-Jan-2007, 08:50 AM
Yeah, let's get some growls and squelches in the house. :skull:

Andy
14-Jan-2007, 08:52 AM
in the chat room, click "Options" above where you type a message, click the sounds tab along the top and check the "mute all" box.

:)

Bongholio
14-Jan-2007, 09:19 AM
no need to be snippy and suggest a fix that is far from the desired results
I may produce a soundfile that might appease some of the land lovers contingent
since CK was mentioning something similar
Is there anyplace on my pc where this jetson sound is coming from Andy?
I am going to try and change what it calls unless its synthesized.

Eyebiter
14-Jan-2007, 11:35 AM
How about 'The Gonk' from Dawn of the Dead instead?

HLS
14-Jan-2007, 01:58 PM
I do not think andy was being snippy. He was just telling you how you can turn the sound off. I think most people here like the Jetsons song. I happen to love it. It plays for only a few seconds so I do not see the big deal really.

DjfunkmasterG
14-Jan-2007, 03:13 PM
I say leave the sound. When i do use chat I don't mind hearing the sound as the Jetsons were one of my fave cartoons.

MinionZombie
14-Jan-2007, 05:42 PM
Indeed, there was no snippyness to Andy's post.

capncnut
09-Feb-2007, 05:51 AM
Mmm, remember that "whooo-hahahaha" noise that you guys put in over Halloween (loved them little touches btw), maybe that should be the entrance noise in chat. After all, we are all ghouls in one way or another and what greater entrance than that. :lol:

kortick
10-Feb-2007, 05:55 AM
i didnt even know it was the jetsons

and i have used the chat a lot...

capncnut
18-Feb-2007, 10:21 PM
Use a sample from the Night soundtrack where the lights go off in the house. That would be a wicked chat intro noise. That Jetson's noise sounds a bit to er, Jetsons for my liking. :D

HLS
19-Feb-2007, 01:31 AM
i didnt even know it was the jetsons

and i have used the chat a lot...

I think we should have the recording from night "they are coming to get you barbara" play when you enter chat. i have it on yahoo messenger to alert me when people sign on. kinda fun.

I have not used chat in a while. I been doing a lot of overtime and I am generally already in bed by the time you guys get to chat.

Debbieangel
20-Feb-2007, 11:19 PM
I think we should have the recording from night "they are coming to get you barbara" play when you enter chat. i have it on yahoo messenger to alert me when people sign on. kinda fun.

I have not used chat in a while. I been doing a lot of overtime and I am generally already in bed by the time you guys get to chat.

where did u get that Heidi?

El_Hooligan
21-Feb-2007, 01:59 AM
It's either the Jetsons music or I Dream of Genie. Both had the chimes thing kicking.

Huescacho
21-Feb-2007, 04:08 AM

Yes, this sound is very cool!. I agree with this...!.
Oh, I want see you in the chat another day!!!!. (It's a order (joke)).

HLS
21-Feb-2007, 05:39 AM

well you do a search on the internet for sound clips and download it and add it to your messenger.

capncnut
21-Feb-2007, 04:04 PM
I got one, how about the whooshing door noise from Star Trek?

Not enough 'Data' provided I see. OK Debbo, take your pic. Make sure you scroll down to the bottom for the audio clips.

Click here (http://www.houseofhorrors.com/night68pics.htm) for Night Of The Living Dead sounds
Click here (http://www.houseofhorrors.com/dawnpics.htm) for Dawn Of The Dead sounds

Debbieangel
22-Feb-2007, 12:51 AM
I got one, how about the whooshing door noise from Star Trek?

Not enough 'Data' provided I see. OK Debbo, take your pic. Make sure you scroll down to the bottom for the audio clips.

Click here (http://www.houseofhorrors.com/night68pics.htm) for Night Of The Living Dead sounds
Click here (http://www.houseofhorrors.com/dawnpics.htm) for Dawn Of The Dead sounds

Hey thanks alot!!!

capncnut
22-Feb-2007, 03:16 AM
No worries Debbo. :D