PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Original trailer

LoSTBoY
14-Jan-2007, 12:26 PM
I looked on Youtube but it isn't there:

This is how trailers should be made! (http://thatvideosite.com/video/3845)

I'm going to watch it again! :elol:

HLS
14-Jan-2007, 01:43 PM
That is neat. You know I know some people that still have never seen Star Wars? I find that kinda odd.

EvilNed
14-Jan-2007, 02:03 PM
I don't think that kind of trailer would sell many tickets today, considering we're swamped with Sci-fi adventures.

DjfunkmasterG
14-Jan-2007, 03:07 PM
I have to agree with NED. Hell even if I was an adult in the spring of 1977 and watched that trailer I don't think I would have wasted $3.25 to see that movie. I only ended seeing star wars during its re-release in 1979. Of course I loved the original 3 films, in their original form. he redux/prequel versions are horrible and do nothing but tarnish the name of the great saga.

capncnut
14-Jan-2007, 11:13 PM
I got to admit the trailer is pretty dull and not a good representation of what the movie actually is. Okay, it's cool in a dark way but where's the energy? Where's the spark that makes you wanna get up and boogie on down to the theater?

I looked on Youtube but it isn't there.

Oh yes it is.

hl0J67OP_Wk

MikePizzoff
15-Jan-2007, 06:13 AM
In my opinion that is a horrid trailer. It just looks like it's a really bad B-Movie with a big budget. If I had never seen Star Wars before and saw that trailer I'd probably stay far away from it.

LoSTBoY
15-Jan-2007, 10:55 AM
Remember people this was done back in 1977, trailers were a new concept compared to trailers today.

If I saw that as an adult back in 1977 I would be well up for it as there were very few Sci-Fi movies out there.

bassman
15-Jan-2007, 12:50 PM
You guys area all forgetting one thing. If you watch the documentary "Empire of Dreams", this trailer was made long before the film was finished. The film was originally meant to be released during the Christmas holiday season, but was delayed due to production troubles and this trailer was released to keep the interest up that Lucas' people had been building at conventions.

Notice it's missing John Williams' legendary theme? That's one large "spark" missing. One of the main purposes of this trailer was to show some of the early shots of the light sabers. And if you notice, they're not even completed yet. Vader and Kenobi both have a sort of white/yellow light saber. According to Lucas, the first edit of the film "was a complete disaster" and had a large overhaul before it was released.

It really has nothing to do with trailers being "new".....they weren't. The film just wasn't in it's proper form yet so they weren't able to get the trailer to represent the film that we all know today.

ash
22-Jan-2007, 11:11 PM
You guys area all forgetting one thing. If you watch the documentary "Empire of Dreams", this trailer was made long before the film was finished. The film was originally meant to be released during the Christmas holiday season, but was delayed due to production troubles and this trailer was released to keep the interest up that Lucas' people had been building at conventions.

Notice it's missing John Williams' legendary theme? That's one large "spark" missing. One of the main purposes of this trailer was to show some of the early shots of the light sabers. And if you notice, they're not even completed yet. Vader and Kenobi both have a sort of white/yellow light saber. According to Lucas, the first edit of the film "was a complete disaster" and had a large overhaul before it was released.

It really has nothing to do with trailers being "new".....they weren't. The film just wasn't in it's proper form yet so they weren't able to get the trailer to represent the film that we all know today.

That's also why many sound effects and lines seemed clipped in the trailer, or even completely different.