PDA

View Full Version : m night shamalan to direct live action movie adaption of avatar: the last airbender

Danny
14-Jan-2007, 03:47 PM
no, really he is.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117956950.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

i like the show ,how its not quite western cartoons, not quite anime but damn, is that the wierdest director choice ro what?:rockbrow:

_liam_
14-Jan-2007, 03:50 PM
find him pretty overrated tbh. unbreakable was fantastic but apart from that...nah.

couldnt get into signs seeing as the guys who made the original crop circles admitted they were fake...

MinionZombie
14-Jan-2007, 05:53 PM
Yeah M Night shalalalamamanaayayalallaaaaa is over-rated, he just makes the same damn movie over and over again and insists on putting a twist in every one, so that now there isn't a twist, because everyone knows there is a twist coming.

I found Sixth Sense to be so bloody slow, Unbreakable was alright, Signs was good the first time around when you're not paying attention ... then the aliens are killed by *sigh* F*CKING WATER and the whole movie is destroyed, as is any smidgen of respect in M Night for making such a stupid f*cking 'twist' as that - humans are 70% water and earth is what, 90% water?! DUUUUUHHHH!!!

Then *sigh* the friggin Village ... sucked from start to finish, just the same bloody routine once again for a FOURTH TIME IN A ROW, and the "big" twist just comes off crap.

I can't even be arsed to waste my time on Lady in the Water, is it exactly the same stuff as all his other movies? *sigh*

Some people are morons to keep paying to see his crap, meanwhile there's people out there trying to break in with original stuff, and he's still sat there making millions off the same recycled garbage. I knew Hollywood folk are all environ-mentals now, but I didn't think it extended to their own work! :eek:

capncnut
14-Jan-2007, 11:23 PM
I didn't even bother to click on the link because, frankly, I do not give a s**t. M. Night Shyamalan is the most overrated director in the history of overrated directors. He has only made one half decent movie in his entire career (Unbreakable) and that was only half decent at best. He is a pimple on the ass of the horror community.

HLS
15-Jan-2007, 01:28 AM
I never heard of the show but I agree with captain on M. Night Shyamalan being over rated. he will probably ruin the project. All his flicks for the past few years really sucked. The only movie I liked of his was "The village"

Danny
15-Jan-2007, 06:59 AM
heres the opening from the first episode to give you and idea

COxtMdIKjH4