PDA

View Full Version : stop the remakes and contiune saga..........

cmdrfox
16-Jan-2007, 11:18 PM
i dont get it.............

please explain............

why spend monies on a "remake" or a "re-image" of a proven movie.....

this is B.S. ....shows me "jollywood" and the indie circuit are more dead than the zombies of the movie they are remaking....

and dont give me the "battlestar galactia" banter....i dismiss the original series and galactia 1980....what we see NOW larson should have done in 1978....

what is need is a story line "arc" or other " modual" NEW movies and such...in this series....

hate to say this but i lost repect for romero in 1985 with "day of the dead".....WTF caves / undeground complexes in floridia.....too low to the sea....and the story was terrible....compared to 1979s dawn and even the chessy 1968 night....which i think are romeros only good zombie flims...

land of the dead i waited almost a year to see via cable....cause of the bad taste still in my mouth over "day"....damn almost 20 years....

"land " was better wwwwwaaaaayyyyy better than day, but still fell short....

i agree wih another poster...."big daddy" was romeros " jar jar binks"....

i could do better than what romero did in day and land and hands down i beat the crap being "re-made" now....

i BS you not....

livingdeadboy
17-Jan-2007, 02:02 AM

this is B.S. ....shows me "jollywood" and the indie circuit are more dead than the zombies of the movie they are remaking....

and dont give me the "battlestar galactia" banter....i dismiss the original series and galactia 1980....what we see NOW larson should have done in 1978....

what is need is a story line "arc" or other " modual" NEW movies and such...in this series....

hate to say this but i lost repect for romero in 1985 with "day of the dead".....WTF caves / undeground complexes in floridia.....too low to the sea....and the story was terrible....compared to 1979s dawn and even the chessy 1968 night....which i think are romeros only good zombie flims...

land of the dead i waited almost a year to see via cable....cause of the bad taste still in my mouth over "day"....damn almost 20 years....

i could do better than what romero did in day and land and hands down i beat the crap being "re-made" now....

i BS you not....

Hey, then go ahead and make the next zombie epic, I can't wait to see it. I dont fully understand what you are trying to say in this post. I get the one part where you are talking about "whats the point in doing remakes?" . But I dont understand how day and land come into play here? A post like this might get more steam if posted in the Dead Remakes section, but hey, thanks for posting here anyways.

Arcades057
17-Jan-2007, 05:04 PM

Who says it was proven? I for one liked Savini's remake much more than the original.

It should show you that someone out there with love for a particular movie threw their hat over the wall and made a movie for YOU and everyone else to watch. Could be better, could be worse, at least they did it.

The movies are only supposed to be connected through the universe, not the characters or anything else anyway. What is to stop someone, like livingdeadboy, from remaking all of the movies, but using the same characters to give them that connection? Besides copyright laws on the last 3, I mean.

"land " was better wwwwwaaaaayyyyy better than day, but still fell short..

Dude, don't you get it? This is what you'll get from Romero from now on. Dawn was not the norm, it was a fluke! Day was not good, Land was not good... Besides Dawn, name another good movie (read, successful) that he directed? What's next? Speaking, car-driving zombies with phobias? At the moment, any fool can come out with a zombie idea, get together a good team of actors, some good makeup people, and crank out a movie that leaves Land/Day/Dawn/Night in the dusk.

That's not saying much, man. But that's wht livingdeadboy is trying to do. instead of hating on his vision of the movie, before you see the finished work, why not reserve judgment? Don't be like one of the fanboy tools here who automatically hate on anything not GAR before they even see the trailer, but they're in line to be the first to hope on the schlong of "teh master" no matter what kind of garbage he spews out.

And belive me, if LDB's movie sucks, and I watch it, and I feel the need, I'll hate on it right here along with everyone else. But if it rules, like the Dawn remake ruled over Land, then I'll be here talking it up.

capncnut
17-Jan-2007, 08:01 PM
i could do better than what romero did in day and land and hands down i beat the crap being "re-made" now...

Don't get up in people faces braggin' about how good you are without any proof. C'mon then, let's see it.

Todd Tjersland
18-Jan-2007, 08:06 AM

Gotta disagree with you here. The new BSG took everything that made the original fun and replaced it with politically correct and budget-saving nonsense, turning it from Wagon Train in Space to JAG in Space. Completely unwatchable. Not that the original was perfect, but it was fun while it lasted, not counting the execrable Galactica 1980 (except the one episode where Starbuck is trapped on an asteroid with a Cylon--that one rocked).

Agreed 110% percent. Big Daddy was the worst zombie of all time! :rolleyes:

bassman
18-Jan-2007, 12:04 PM
Agreed 110% percent. Big Daddy was the worst zombie of all time! :rolleyes:

:D
I agree with you....but the nurse zombie was pretty damn bad....

Todd Tjersland
18-Jan-2007, 12:35 PM
:D
I agree with you....but the nurse zombie was pretty damn bad....

Eh... Pretty much all the blue "Smurf" zombies in Dawn were kinda lousy, with the exception of Roger and Flyboy. The damn movie is just so powerful that it overcomes this handicap, which is a testimony to its greatness. Now if Dawn had only had the zombie makeup of Day of the Dead... It would have been perfect!

DjfunkmasterG
22-Jan-2007, 04:21 PM
What's next? Speaking, car-driving zombies with phobias?

Ummm, wasn't that covered in Return of the Living Dead 2? :D

Mikey
24-Jan-2007, 09:05 PM
I enjoyed DAY immensely when it came out. In fact, I liked it more than DAWN for many years.

Danny
24-Jan-2007, 11:50 PM

i BS you not....

you know this guy has nothing to do with romero right?, hes just a fan doing something out of his own pocket to entertain simple as.
so if youve just joined this forum to bitch at this guy for doing something productive in life, lets see your credintials, how many movies have you made?
and land and day werent remakes so tahts just random bitching for the sake of it, if your really 45, i doubt you are that mentally, so unless youve done better yourself dont put a guy down for making a movie for entertainments sake.

now if it was uwe boll, then id understand. point is, if you "could do better", why not?, this guy thinks he can and hes doing it.

drummer boy
28-Jan-2007, 10:59 AM
While it's nice to see growth in the zombie genre, I feel that remakes of classic films , zombie or otherwise, usually add nothing to the original and seem to be a bit of a cheat for the fans, why not write an original story, or is it because they know that by using a well established title and story line thay are going to get a hit.
How disapointed were you with the dawn "remake" I hated it.
Moan over I will go and see the New version and hopefully I will be proved wrong, but I am not holding my breath, roll on"Diary of the dead."
have to agree Big daddy was a pretty weak character.
and before anyone says it, no I couldn't do any better, that is why I don't try.
peace, love and the living dead.

ngm231
01-Feb-2007, 10:10 PM

i BS you not....

quit your bitchin

plus day and land arnt remakes

Danny
01-Feb-2007, 10:21 PM
^and let that be the end of it:cool:

jdog
02-Feb-2007, 02:03 AM
day rules in my book, and why hate on someone for trying to make a movie for the fans. im sure he's not doing it for the cash

capncnut
02-Feb-2007, 12:33 PM
quit your bitchin

plus day and land arnt remakes

Choice words NG. Short, sweet and to the point.

ngm231
02-Feb-2007, 10:01 PM
thanks