PDA

View Full Version : Sunshine

bassman
18-Jan-2007, 04:15 PM
Well....I now totally understand why Danny Boyle decided not to direct "28 Weeks Later". And from the looks of it, I'm glad he made that decision.

Fifty years from now, the sun is dying, and mankind is dying with it. Our last hope: a spaceship and a crew of eight men and women. They carry a device which will breathe new life into the star. But deep into their voyage, out of radio contact with Earth, their mission is starting to unravel. There is an accident, a fatal mistake, and a distress beacon from a spaceship that disappeared seven years earlier. Soon the crew is fighting not only for their lives, but their sanity.

The trailer was released today. Check it out. (http://www.vmix.com/view.php?id=820912&current_resourceid=2061018&type=channel) You won't be sorry.

I haven't seen a trailer that got me this excited since "The Fountain". What do you guys think? By the way, anybody else notice the music is taken from The Kronos Quartet's "Requiem for a Dream" score?:rockbrow:

Danny
18-Jan-2007, 04:19 PM
sounds like its a rip off of tthe core and event horizon to me.

EvilNed
18-Jan-2007, 04:19 PM
At first I thought you were telling the story outline of 28 Weeks Later, and I was wondering where the hell they screwed up.

But anyway, to me it doesn't look that interesting. A remake of Solar Crisis.

bassman
18-Jan-2007, 04:28 PM
It's friggin Danny Boyle here, guys. Have any of you seen his films outside of "28 Days Later"? "Shallow Grave", "Trainspotting", "The Beach". The man is an awesome director.

Oh well...to each his own. I've loved all of Boyle's films and this trailer gave me goosebumps. I have a feeling you'll be missing out on something special if you don't give it a viewing.

- "The Core" - They go to the center of the earth. How is this related?
- "Event Horizon" - Searching for a lost ship that is possessed with demons. Related.....how?
- "Solar Crisis" - I can see how this one relates. But they were dropping a bomb to divert a solar flare. Sunshine is about reviving the sun. This makes more sense than those other two, anyway.

Danny
18-Jan-2007, 04:44 PM
i didnt say it'd be bad, just sounded ripped off.

capncnut
19-Jan-2007, 12:35 AM
I thought it looked pretty f**king amazing!