PDA

View Full Version : w00t! Check Disc Sample has arrived

DjfunkmasterG
18-Jan-2007, 08:38 PM
Today in the mail I received the check disc sample for the film. Loaded with Extras as promised, the DVD so far looks good. I haven't watched the film yet. Waiting for the weekend to get the cast together. However, Both trailers from 2005/2006 are on the disc, MZ's I AM ZOMBIE MAN is there. YES!

Also, both interviews with myself and Brian Wright the producer (Lou Cipherr here on the forums) looks great. trailers from other TEMPE releases like Ghoul School, and The Stink of Flesh and a few others are present :rockbrow: . I am not crazy about the trailers, but My trailer will appear on their discs as well so I guess I have to be fair.

Once we have the screening I will let them know... yes the films looks great or no it needs to be re-worked etc etc. I will keep you all posted on the progress. We are only 89 days away from the street date. Double WOOT! :D :D

MinionZombie
19-Jan-2007, 10:53 AM
w00t-age! :D:thumbsup::cool:

Good news, everyone! :)

Danny
19-Jan-2007, 12:13 PM
kickass man, now you gotta advertise it somewere you know lots of horror fans'll see it, like a full piece in fangoria review or something, cus even if they give a good or bad review i usually end up looking up the film on google after reading about it in fangoria.

LouCipherr
19-Jan-2007, 12:24 PM
Yeah, we could do that, but then some dumbass would probably accuse us of doing 'shameless promotion' (long story behind that one.. :lol: :lol: :lol:).

I can't wait to see the DVD in it's final format. This has been a loooooooong time coming!

...and I'm very stoked about the dvd slip cover. I still think what they added to it kicks ass (hey, the original design kicked ass, they just kicked it up a notch), and I can't wait to have one of them in my grubby little hands. :elol:

Dj - where the flying hell is the "Oranges: Revenge of the Eggplant" trailer on the DVD?! :lol: :lol:

MinionZombie
19-Jan-2007, 01:02 PM
There's nothing wrong with a bit of promotion - moderation is the key like with all things. :D

I canny wait to nab me a copy ... it'll sit proudly on my DVD shelves. :cool:

Danny
19-Jan-2007, 01:18 PM
dont you allready have one?:rockbrow:

DjfunkmasterG
19-Jan-2007, 01:37 PM
He has the self release, which were just DVDr's. This will be a pressed edition. :D

Danny
19-Jan-2007, 01:56 PM
i bought one of those too right?, so is this release that much better than the early version?

DjfunkmasterG
19-Jan-2007, 03:09 PM
It has a few more bells and whistles.

We took out the trailers for Season of the Dead and Eating Habits, added MZ's I am Zombie Man, added a 27 Minute Interview with moi. Added the newest trailer to be released and a trailer that was semi released in 2005.

Also added a CAST & CREW commentary

LouCipherr
19-Jan-2007, 03:56 PM
Added a CAST & CREW commentary?

Please tell me that long-haired hippy and that bald guy weren't involved. :lol: :lol: :lol:

capncnut
19-Jan-2007, 03:57 PM
It has a few more bells and whistles.

Bells and whistles? That's a complete re-hash!

DjfunkmasterG
19-Jan-2007, 08:05 PM
Not really Cappie

My Self release had this

Intro to the film by Producer Brian Wright and I, including the explanation of why I used 2.35:1 and how it works.

Commentary by me only

(2) Deadlands trailers
trailer for Eating Habits
trailer for Season of the Dead

Interview with producer Brian Wright

The film in 2.0 analog stereo

The TEMPE Release does the following

Cuts out my intro... I Opted for this
Uses the 2.0 Dolby Digital Track I had but didn't use
Adds the Cast&crew Commentary and keeps my original
Uses new teaser for the film
Cuts out Season and Eating Habits
Adds Minion Zombies I am Zombie Man
Adds trailers for other TEMPE films
Keeps Brians interview
Adds my interview.

So it has a few more bells and whistles, not a complete revamp. The nice part is those whom bought the self release have a collectors item because the artwork is different and it is was the first printing.

MinionZombie
19-Jan-2007, 09:53 PM
Indeed, it feels pretty funky-sweet to have a rather rare copy of it. :)

Roll on April (by which time STALKER will also be out :D:cool:), woooo! :thumbsup:

DjfunkmasterG
19-Jan-2007, 11:12 PM
How would you feel if I AM ZOMBIE MAN was shown in a movie theater? :D

MinionZombie
20-Jan-2007, 11:07 AM
Yeah dude, that sounds pretty sweet to me ... (just replying here as well as I already replied to the PM :cool:).

lol @ Dj's "location". :D

LouCipherr
22-Jan-2007, 03:36 PM
Dear God, Zombie Man on a full-sized theatre screen - now we're talkin'! :)

Dj - spill the news to everyone about the check disc. :D

DjfunkmasterG
22-Jan-2007, 03:52 PM
:lol:

Dj - spill the news to everyone about the check disc. :D

You mean the fact it had 20 total errors, 12 glitches in th emovie skipping or pausing within the first 23 minutes. :lol:

MinionZombie
22-Jan-2007, 06:27 PM
lol, blimey grimey, just a dodgy copy or a fudge up in their (Tempe's) edit? Daaaayyyyyuuum...

Was the whole DVD fudged like that, or just the film itself? :rockbrow:

DjfunkmasterG
22-Jan-2007, 07:27 PM
They use SONY DVDR media, which is garbage, but I think they overfilled the disc which was exactly 4.66 gigs of data and there was no "Buffer Zone" , not too mention dodgy media for the check disc sample. I told him he should use Taiyo Yuden Blank media. it is the best stuff on the planet.

MinionZombie
22-Jan-2007, 09:03 PM
I haven't had any problems with Sony DVD-Rs, although if you burn them too fast I have found you are more prone to getting fudge ups - so I stick to 6 speed and no higher as much as possible. But I've had no complaints personally *touches wood* ... also, as you say - over-filling the disc ... I did that once, although the only thing it did was make one of the videos on the disc not playback in a DVD player (but it would play on my computer ... weird).

They'd better not try and 'unfill' their disc...:rockbrow::shifty:

DjfunkmasterG
23-Jan-2007, 12:02 AM
Well the MASTER that goes for PRESSING is put on DLT tape. They aren't dropping content, they are just going to shrink the film down a few mb's to give it more buffer zone for the check disc sample.

The Glass press will be better. However, if they used TY media... you can burn those fawkers at 16x no issues. Some of the Deadlands DVD's i released were on TY discs burbed at 16x. The majority was Memorex 16X DVD-R burned at 16X or DVD+R burned at 8X

MinionZombie
23-Jan-2007, 10:10 AM
Oh ... hunky dory then. :thumbsup::)

LouCipherr
23-Jan-2007, 05:33 PM
Yeah, that was what I was referring to. The 'issues'. :lol:

As far as DVD media, Dj will tell you - I refuse to use anything other than Tayio Yuden media unless i have no other choice (Fujifilm dvd's stamped with "made in japan" - NOT the "made in tiawan" discs!! are in fact made by Tayio Yuden also) because the quality is top-notch, and they burn with fewer errors than any other disc on the market today.

That's not to say other blank media doesn't work as well, but when I put a 8X DVD+R Tayio Yuden disc in my NEC 3520a DVD burner, it burns at 16x flawlessly. What does that tell you? Seriously, their quality is unmatched.

Different DVD burners handle different media well, but i've found a winning combination (thanks, Dj.. :lol:) in the TY media and the NEC3250a. ;) Your results may vary.

Dj - sounds like that could indeed be the issue - too much data crammed onto one disc. It would be nice if they would've made this a DVD9 instead of a DVD5, but alas, dream in one hand, sh*t in the other and see which one fills up first, eh? :lol:

DjfunkmasterG
23-Jan-2007, 07:19 PM
The hand with the urine will fill up first. :D

Every other media, except TY is really garbage in my opinion, but if I can't get TY's on sale I will go to Memorex 16X DVD-R as they burn nice at 16X with little error.

In the thousands of TY DVD's I have ripped with my NEC 3520a burner I have had one coaster, and that was from my PC wigging out and rebooting during the burn. I am sure once the mastered film is put onto the DLT tape and sent to the Pressing facility all should be ok... if not TEMPE is going to have themselves some very expensive returns. :lol:

MinionZombie
23-Jan-2007, 09:19 PM
*rubs hands with gravy goodness*

:cool:

Bring it on, bizzle-nizzle-itches ... *ahem*

DjfunkmasterG
24-Jan-2007, 10:45 AM
OH NO! MZ went URBAN... He said Bizzle and Nizzle. Fo Shizzle! :D

LouCipherr
24-Jan-2007, 12:37 PM
*throws a frisbee at MZ's beanbag*

:p

DjfunkmasterG
24-Jan-2007, 01:36 PM
so Lou,

did you get that air powered TV yet?

MinionZombie
24-Jan-2007, 01:56 PM
*crumbles on floor from said beanbag hit*

I actually have taken a frizbee to the beanbag before at Uni, and damn it caught me unawares...and that football in the happy sack during a session of "ass ball" in the res corridor literally had me balled up on the floor ... see, write from experience. :D

LouCipherr
24-Jan-2007, 04:53 PM
LMFAO @ MZ's 'beanbag' story

Classic, man.. classic. :D

Dj - no, no one has invented that goddamn air powered TV... I keep waiting, but alas, nothing... :D

HLS
24-Jan-2007, 04:58 PM
Good for you. I am glad zombie man is on it. I just love zombie man. Sorry I can not help bragging that I love zombie man. LOL:o

DjfunkmasterG
24-Jan-2007, 06:12 PM
MZ, now all you have to do is a short film about life as a beanbag. :D

MinionZombie
24-Jan-2007, 09:15 PM
*chuckles*

Now that's a good idea, right there ... hmmm ...

DjfunkmasterG
24-Jan-2007, 09:44 PM
Call it... BLUE BALLS: the Life and Times of Tommy testicle :D

MinionZombie
24-Jan-2007, 09:58 PM
Call it... BLUE BALLS: the Life and Times of Tommy testicle :D
Or, erm ...

The Life & Times of Billy The Bollock

A Tale Of Two Testicles

Righty Tighty, Lefty Loosey: What Happens When You Take One Too Many Sporting Implements To The Happy Sack

Sam Hall: The Tender Man-Ball ... why a bollock would have a name of it's own I duno...

Black & Blue Balls

Larry The Lefty's Greatest Hits: Vol. 1

I think the last one is my favourite... :lol:

Fulcifan91
24-Jan-2007, 10:18 PM
Or, erm ...

Righty Tighty, Lefty Loosey: What Happens When You Take One Too Many Sporting Implements To The Happy Sack

I like it, but its too long

"Righty Tightly, Lefty Loosey: The cause and effect of bean bag hitting.

:lol: