PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 worse movies of all time..

Andy
20-Jan-2007, 04:41 AM
Just reading this in a newspaper, and this is a list of the top 10 worse movies of all time according to a recent poll, just wanted to post it and see what you guys think.

10. Stop or my mom will shoot
9. Catwomen
8. Gigli
7. Batman & Robin
6. Anaconda
5. Hostel
4. Waterworld
3. Grease 2
2. Titanic

and the number one worse movie of all time

1. Spiceworld, the movie

Todd Tjersland
20-Jan-2007, 04:50 AM
I liked Hostel and Titanic, but the rest on the list are bloody awful.

capncnut
20-Jan-2007, 10:47 AM
I agree with all the entries except Titanic and Waterworld. How on earth can they put up such visual treats in such a s**ty poll? Oh and get Grease 2 off that list as well, I thought it was better than the original. :D

MinionZombie
20-Jan-2007, 11:07 AM
lol @ Titanic ...

Hostel ... probably not one of the top ten worst, there's plenty of worse movies than those, but obviously it's a poll for people who only watch Hollywood chum...

Hostel was disappointing though, no two-minds about it. It was the "sickest" film of all time according to Roth ... er, NO, because you don't see anything and because when anything does happen it lasts for about 2 minutes and then it's back to Americans wondering around some shonky Euro-town looking for big-titted fitches to poke. :rolleyes:

Hopefully Hostel 2 will actually be the gore-fest up-chuck-ganza Roth was promising horror fans with the first film...

EvilNed
20-Jan-2007, 12:37 PM
That was one of the ****tiest polls I've ever seen. How many people did they ask? 10 teenagers fresh out of the movie theather?

ALL those films were made in A) Hollywood and B) The last 12 years.

Besides, it's just an idiotic poll all around. Titanic, while not deserving of 11 Oscars, is not deserving of such a list. Nor is Waterworld. Nor is Hostel, or Batman & Robin. Ok, so Batman & Robin is bad. But if you seriously consider putting it in the Top 10 worst films of all time list, you have a very narrow field of vision and you've probably not seen that many films.

Here are some films that are TRULY deserving of the title. But since the average MTV generation moviegoer can only remember what they're supposed to hate the last 10 years, there's no chance of these babies coming up.

"Silences of the Palace"

"Troll 2"

"Hell of the Living Dead" & "Zombie Lake"

"A Nightmare on Elm Street 2"

"Vercinegetorix" (Aka Druids)

"Windtalkers"

"DNA"

"The Last Warrior"

All of these films suck ten times as much as any of the films on that list. And some of them are even Hollywood flicks. But people tend to hate films they're "supposed" to hate. Such as Waterworld. But **** you teenagers, for all it's faults, I can think of a dozen of CGI filled adventure rollercoasters that were twice as dumb and stupid as Waterworld. National Adventure anyone?

_liam_
20-Jan-2007, 02:09 PM
lol, amateur bad movie watchers, get on this;

1.redneck zombies

2.robot monster

3.chopping mall

4.terror from the year 5000

5.this movie where KISS have to find a ghost in new york, i forget the title

6.king of the zombies

7.shiver of the vampires

8.eegah

9.god monster of indian flats

10.the curious doctor humpp

now those movies are ****e.
i'd just like to take this oppurtunity to stick up for "Plan 9 from outer space", i actually remained entertained & engaged throughout. if you want to watch a kooky, hammy 50s b movie, it hits all the right buttons, and barely 2 minutes goes by without something stupid/lurid happening. plus if you stick the fight club soundtrack on in the background it synchs up quite spookily...

MinionZombie
20-Jan-2007, 05:46 PM
Redneck Zombies, while bad, is still kinda fun and has some really daft gore (and "visual effects" :lol:)...and "Zombie Lake" is great, it's one of those "so bad it's good" movies. I had a blast watching it.

There's no such thing as a "top ten worst films" ... hell, a "top ten best films" is a hard thing to consider - if not impossible.

You could maybe make lists pertaining to each individual genre and cultural region, but such lists are just retarded...

bassman
20-Jan-2007, 06:03 PM
That list does have alot of bad movies....but they're all recent. There have been MANY MANY more bad films made in the past.

My vote for the absolute worst is probably "Manos: The Hands of Fate".

Neil
20-Jan-2007, 07:56 PM
Just reading this in a newspaper, and this is a list of the top 10 worse movies of all time according to a recent poll, just wanted to post it and see what you guys think.

10. Stop or my mom will shoot
9. Catwomen
8. Gigli
7. Batman & Robin
6. Anaconda
5. Hostel
4. Waterworld
3. Grease 2
2. Titanic

and the number one worse movie of all time

1. Spiceworld, the movie

Pathetic... Pathetic... Pathetic... Silly!

DjfunkmasterG
20-Jan-2007, 08:21 PM
I agree with everything except Titanic and Waterworld. They do not belong on that list, and GIGLI wasn't nearly as bad as people claim it to be, and most whom bitch about it have never seen it.

Todd Tjersland
20-Jan-2007, 10:39 PM
Troll 2, Hell of the Living Dead, and Zombie Lake hardly belong on that list. They have something special about them that elevates them to the "so bad, they're good" level--and thus are deserving of being distinguished as such, not relegated to being simply "the worst."

I would also submit that Hell of the Living Dead has more originality in its social commentary than any other non-Romero zombie film since Let Sleeping Corpses Lie.

I liked the redemption of the underwater Nazi zombie in Zombie Lake who, when confronted by his daughter, refused to eat her and preferred to commit suicide. But mostly, I like Zombie Lake for the first 10-minutes, when we get all those underwater spread shots of the girls' volleyball team set to the funniest "la-la-la" music ever recorded. :D The rest of it is almost unbearably bad, until we get to the flamethrower action at the end.

EvilNed
21-Jan-2007, 12:02 AM
Hell of the Living Dead is not so bad it's good. It's so bad you weep your ****ing eyes out. It's horrible. And the social commentary in the film is, like all italian explotation flicks, just something they pasted on. While watching that film I felt defiled. Dirty. No longer fitting to live.

Zombie Lake is unbearable. The music is horrible. The camera angles horrible. The plot is non-existant. You laugh the first time you see the crappy zombie make-up. After that it becomes standard and it almost gets as bad as Hell of the Living Dead.

Troll 2 is still ****ing bad. But Hell of the Living Dead and Zombie Lake are top definetly contenders for WORST FLICK EVER MADE.

Neil
21-Jan-2007, 07:02 AM
Lists (opinions) such as these are a complete waste of time, and the films listed are more a comment on the quality of the opinions/views of the people behind it rather than the actual quality of the films listed.

Rottedfreak
21-Jan-2007, 08:24 AM
I'd say Pearl Harbor and The Patriot should be on that list for attempting to rewrite history and that The Postman should be there too.

capncnut
21-Jan-2007, 11:51 AM
I don't know man, did anyone see that movie Honest with the All Saints? That's a strong contender in my book. :barf:

Neil
21-Jan-2007, 02:37 PM
I'd say Pearl Harbor and The Patriot should be on that list for attempting to rewrite history and that The Postman should be there too.

Pearl Harbour and The Patriot were both cheesy and ham-fisted, but in reality were not particularly bad films as such.

And I kinda enjoyed "The Postman"...

If you think those deserve to be in the top ten worst films, you really need to see more films...

_liam_
21-Jan-2007, 03:12 PM
innit.
horror & sci fi fans know their bad movies. it's like heavy metal or jazz, you have to wade through ten tons of crap to find the gold nuggets.

capncnut
21-Jan-2007, 09:45 PM
I kinda enjoyed "The Postman".

That film was poo.

Rottedfreak
22-Jan-2007, 08:37 AM
Children of the Living Dead. No question. It is a film innit?

Neil
22-Jan-2007, 08:38 AM
That film was poo.

I quite enjoyed it, but then I always tend to love apocalyptic films...

DjfunkmasterG
22-Jan-2007, 11:07 AM
I thought the POstman while not great did have some awesome moments to it, and The Patriot was a great FANTASY war film

MikePizzoff
22-Jan-2007, 11:09 AM
I like Hostel and Waterworld. I don't think Titanic is a bad flick, either. That list is complete shiv.

Geophyrd
23-Jan-2007, 04:30 PM
It was Kiss Meets the Phantom and it was a TV movie. Memorable quote, "Kiss is the greatest rock and roll band in history and we've got them!"

Won't argue about Kiss being a decent metal hair band, but the tv movie was terrible. The comic Psycho Circus, featuring Kiss, was (as I remember) actually pretty good.

jdog
23-Jan-2007, 05:49 PM
i havnt seen half the movies on that list and have no desire to watch them. i am almost strickly a horror fan and have no use for hollywood crap.
as far as a 10 worst movies of all time that list dont know ****!

Cody
24-Jan-2007, 06:12 AM
thats a weird list