PDA

View Full Version : Rage Against The Machine Reform...

_liam_
22-Jan-2007, 04:53 PM
no, this isnt a crap joke

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/music/la-et-coachella22jan22,1,6747076.story?coll=la-headlines-entnews&ctrack=1&cset=true

use this login
http://www.bugmenot.com/view/latimes.com

Maitreya
22-Jan-2007, 05:43 PM
Haha, a guy from down the hall came into my room and I showed him the article and he damn near **** himself

_liam_
22-Jan-2007, 05:46 PM
hehhe, i found out about 4am this morning, i was ringing people up & down the uk to tell them...NONE of them were pissed off at being woken at such an ungodly hour ;)

capncnut
22-Jan-2007, 07:47 PM
About time. Zack De La Rocha's solo album was never going to see the light of day so it's just as well Rage are reforming. Even if it is for one night only at the moment. That said, the Coachella performance will be brutal.

Bongholio
22-Jan-2007, 07:56 PM
the only good song they have is "renegades of funk"

capncnut
22-Jan-2007, 08:38 PM
To be fair, they've had a few more than that but yeah, Renegades of Funk was seriously groovy.

slickwilly13
22-Jan-2007, 11:46 PM
They need to get back together. I like Rage and SoundGarden better than Audio Slave.

bassman
23-Jan-2007, 04:11 PM
the only good song they have is "renegades of funk"

That song was pretty groovy, but the album it was on, "Renegades" was pretty bad. :dead:

I hope they do a tour rather than just one show....

capncnut
23-Jan-2007, 04:46 PM
They need to get back together. I like Rage and SoundGarden better than Audio Slave.

Oh deary me, if Soundgarden got back together and started touring...

...I guess it would mean there would be an empty drummer's stool in Pearl Jam but HEY, this is SOUNDGARDEN!!!

How about a 3 band Rage/Soundgarden/Audioslave tour? *drools* :p

bassman
23-Jan-2007, 04:56 PM
I've never really been into Audioslave. That's not to say that it was bad music....it wasn't. It just lacked that extra spark needed to really grab my attention. I think their latest album, "Revelations" is probably their best.

_liam_
23-Jan-2007, 05:06 PM
lol audioslave do the impossible...they suck AND blow...

the first time i heard "cochise" i was both laughing and crying for all the wrong reasons.

thought renegades was pretty weak, can see why zack didnt want it released.
most people slag off battle of LA, but i thought it was great, it was like the first one but a lot more experimental and adventurous, stuff like "mic check" and "born of a broken" man were pretty gobsmacking when i was 13 and on a strict diet of industrial and thrash metal...

so yeah, i thought audioslave was just an average rock band with that trademark tom morello sound thrown in. although i've only heard the first album. but they have a one album a year policy, which seems at odds with the way rage would release one excellent album every 4 or 5 years...

capncnut
23-Jan-2007, 05:57 PM
I wouldn't class myself as a major Audioslave fan but I have to say that they have definitely improved since their debut.

Cereval
23-Jan-2007, 07:02 PM
Oh the memories ... :o :clown: :shifty:

rPtniOQ0W8s

Bongholio
23-Jan-2007, 07:05 PM
what song are they playing or are they just jamming?

bassman
23-Jan-2007, 07:08 PM
Oh the memories ... :o :clown: :shifty:

:D
I'm guessing that's old band you used to be in? That looks like you on the guitars, there.

We used to cover "Freedom" as well. Our singer wasn't quite as.....excited as your's though.:lol: I think he did "The Spider Walk" scene that was taken out of "The Exorcist" somewhere in there.:p

capncnut
23-Jan-2007, 07:13 PM
Sir Evil, you play one mean geetar bro. One thing though, tell your frontman to lay off the amphetamine sulphate. ;)

Cereval
24-Jan-2007, 06:18 PM
:D
I'm guessing that's old band you used to be in? That looks like you on the guitars, there.

We used to cover "Freedom" as well. Our singer wasn't quite as.....excited as your's though.:lol: I think he did "The Spider Walk" scene that was taken out of "The Exorcist" somewhere in there.:p

Yeah, that was a decade ago ... back in high school. Our singer was definitely an energy bomb ... live shows were a trip. :)

Sir Evil, you play one mean geetar bro. One thing though, tell your frontman to lay off the amphetamine sulphate. ;)

Thanks. As for our frontman back then, if we got him off of all controlled substances, he'd be a sack of potatoes drooling on the stage ... and we didn't want that whilest playing rap metal. :shifty:

Maitreya
26-Jan-2007, 03:22 AM
Jesus Cereval, if your bassist's pants were any bigger he could live in them :P

That was good, you must have had a good time with that band, although when people said your lead singer was going crazy I was thinking crazy like my band's old lead singer (jumping onto and off of everything, screaming in people's faces, jumping onto people, mic swinging, etc.).

But that's really cool, you don't see too many bands doing that sort of thing anymore, besides **** acts and nu-metal like Limp Bizkit and stuff.

:barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:

Cereval
26-Jan-2007, 10:46 PM
Jesus Cereval, if your bassist's pants were any bigger he could live in them :P

That was good, you must have had a good time with that band, although when people said your lead singer was going crazy I was thinking crazy like my band's old lead singer (jumping onto and off of everything, screaming in people's faces, jumping onto people, mic swinging, etc.).

But that's really cool, you don't see too many bands doing that sort of thing anymore, besides **** acts and nu-metal like Limp Bizkit and stuff.

:barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:

Yeah, the bass player / producer extraordinare eventually abandoned metal and is currently a Chicago DJ.

The band was a lot of fun ... nuttin better than riding the rap metal wave circa 97-99 during the RATM / Bizkit era. As for the singer, this was before the band starting playing shows ... indeed he was that crazy mutherfcuker jumping everywhere and bouncing off walls.

Ah, nostalgia ... feelin' the years here ... that was over a decade ago :shifty:. Of course, then always brings us to NOW (http://www.echoesofruin.com) (and now ain't never been better). :evil:

jdog
27-Jan-2007, 03:32 PM
nice. i was always a rage fan

capncnut
27-Jan-2007, 08:26 PM
Been listening to a fair bit of 'em since I heard this. The first two records are amazing (as you guys know) but damn, The Battle for Los Angeles is one tight record. Other than the few singles they released, I hadn't really explored the album in detail until now. I'll be playing it more in the future methinks. :cool:

_liam_
27-Jan-2007, 08:35 PM
LA is flat out...some of it so RANDOM. the bit in born as ghosts where it goes off and the guitar sounds like a police siren/ringing telephone gone mad, with that sludgy, slightly dubby bass...love it.

seriously considering going to america with some mates who are off to see that rage show...feel like a bit of a tit if they do a tour afterwards though...but then i guess i'll still have gone to the rage reunion :D

Chaos
29-Jan-2007, 08:25 PM
LA is flat out...some of it so RANDOM. the bit in born as ghosts where it goes off and the guitar sounds like a police siren/ringing telephone gone mad, with that sludgy, slightly dubby bass...love it.

seriously considering going to america with some mates who are off to see that rage show...feel like a bit of a tit if they do a tour afterwards though...but then i guess i'll still have gone to the rage reunion :D

Man, I completely dig Born as Ghosts. The line that goes, "Under toxic sunsets they dine and toast... safe from the screams of the children born as ghosts" just hits home.

That song was pretty groovy, but the album it was on, "Renegades" was pretty bad. :dead:

I hope they do a tour rather than just one show....

Renegades is a good cover album. Rage's studio version of Bruce Springsteen's The Ghost of Tom Joad is a rocking tune. They also did a good job of covering Cypress Hill's How I could just kill a man.

I didn't like their version of the Stones' Street Fighting Man though. I thought Tom deviated from the riff and hook too much.

Their best album, by far, is their self-titled though.