PDA

View Full Version : questions on production

dethhead
24-Jan-2007, 11:56 PM
hi livingdead boy, ive got some questions, not sure if the info is in other threads but i'll ask anyway.

1. what format are you shooting on? i know its a digital feature but are you using a high definition digital camera or a standared camera? and are you using a 16:9 widescreen ratio?

2. did you go union or non-union? just wondering even though im 99% sure it was non union like many low budget indie flicks that simply cant afford union regulations.

3. was the production handled in a more professional way since your other zombie flick? did you get a cinematographer, sound recorder, boom mike holder, etc etc? cause production values look tops.

congrats on making it, look forward to watching it.

livingdeadboy
25-Jan-2007, 01:01 AM
1. what format are you shooting on? i know its a digital feature but are you using a high definition digital camera or a standared camera? and are you using a 16:9 widescreen ratio?

2. did you go union or non-union? just wondering even though im 99% sure it was non union like many low budget indie flicks that simply cant afford union regulations.

3. was the production handled in a more professional way since your other zombie flick? did you get a cinematographer, sound recorder, boom mike holder, etc etc? cause production values look tops.

Hey, here are your answers...

1. We are using the second closest thing to a high def which is a 3CCD Panasonic. So yeah, your standard digital camera with a bit of punch to it.

2. Oh this is a total non union shoot, easier to work that way and with less hastles. All of our "Real" actors are non-union, or working under the radar...so its a blessing in disguise. I have worked on some big budgeted union shoots in the city...and it is hell, plain and simple. Too many damn big nosed ego filled wanks who are lost in their own non-image in my personal opinion.... now where is my damn trailer? :p

3. Lol No... still very indie. The reason it looks better is because, you gotta understand Survivors was made well over two years ago. We've improved drastically and are still learning. Now we do have better sound recording equipment, mainly a kick ass rode mic. Not to mention, our audio is put into garage band and tweaked and fixed. So to answer your question, no not at all. This movie has a smaller crew...we have just gotten better at what we do. But in the end it is still me working away to make you think you are watching a far more expensive flick.

But now you know the truth!:confused: