PDA

View Full Version : ER made a Dawn reference!

DeadJonas190
24-Mar-2006, 02:26 AM
I got excited, one of the characters was giving a message to another doctor and said "Neela said that if you do this for her she will watch any 70's movie you want tonight including the extended version of Dawn of the Dead."

I get excited when shows make Dawn references.

jdog
24-Mar-2006, 03:10 AM
thats really cool they said that.
long live "dawn of the dead"!

MinionZombie
24-Mar-2006, 09:58 AM
lol, wicked.

I was afraid they had referenced Yawn04, long live the REAL Dawn of the Dead! :cool:

I'll have to add this to my zombie references list on "New Dimensions", I'll credit your name of course.

erisi236
24-Mar-2006, 04:55 PM
Heh, there was a Dawn reference on One Tree Hill the other week as well. The school was evacuated, but one kid didn't hear the notice, when he got out he ran into another kid and said "Whats going on? It looks like Dawn of the Dead around here." :)

MinionZombie
24-Mar-2006, 05:52 PM
Okay, that's going on the list too! Damn, zombies really are popular at the moment eh? One Tree Hill ... damn.

Tullaryx
24-Mar-2006, 06:04 PM
I know the world will end soon with the rise of the undead if Gilmore Girls reference Dawn of the Dead.

idsaluteyoubub
24-Mar-2006, 08:37 PM
There was a reference to Nicotero and Land of the Dead in Arrested Development a while back...I just never posted about it.

bassman
24-Mar-2006, 08:48 PM
I'm sure everyone has noticed the black dude watching Yawn04 on "The 40 Year Old Virgin".... "She behind you dude.....turn around....OHHH SH*T!":barf: Sickening.....

I also saw a commercial recently that was a reference to "Night". It was for the Boar's head chicken company. Black & white with zombies walking into a store moaning "boar's head". True, it could have been a reference to any zombie movie but it seemed to me like a specific "Night" reference.

Also remeber an old one from about...oh 10-15 years ago for "Peanut Butter Crunch" that was in black and white and had the Cap'n driving through streets of zombies so he could make it to the farmhouse to get "Peanut Butter Crunch" to the survivors in the house. It was funny. Oh yeah...and the zombies would moan "peanut butteeeer":lol:

Zombieapocalypse
24-Mar-2006, 08:57 PM
Also remeber an old one from about...oh 10-15 years ago for "Peanut Butter Crunch" that was in black and white and had the Cap'n driving through streets of zombies so he could make it to the farmhouse to get "Peanut Butter Crunch" to the survivors in the house. It was funny. Oh yeah...and the zombies would moan "peanut butteeeer":lol:[/QUOTE]

Holy crap, I think I remember that commercial!

bassman
24-Mar-2006, 09:03 PM
Yeah, i'm surprised I remember it after all these years...

idsaluteyoubub
24-Mar-2006, 11:13 PM
I just saw a Subway commercial about their new prime rib crap sandwich that had the classical music song that was in Dawn, when they are playing cards and drinking gin. Interesting.

Andy
25-Mar-2006, 02:23 PM
anyone ever see the father ted episode "night of the nearly dead"?

it was one long very crazy parody lol

MinionZombie
25-Mar-2006, 07:01 PM
I've probably seen it, but I haven't watched Father Ted in so long, so I can't remember that episode at all, sounds awesome though...or perhaps I sorta remember it. Was there a kind of dimwit, childish popstar inside and all the tea-cosy-type women of the island were flooded around the house trying to get in?