PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Adds Sega Genesis and Turbo Graphix 16 games to the Revolution...

DeadJonas190
24-Mar-2006, 05:30 AM
Apparently Nintendo has made deals with Sega and Hudson Soft to add their Genesis games and Turbo Graphix 16 games to the line up of downloadable games for the Revolution. I can't wait to play some of those classics along with my favorite old Nintendo games. This makes me want the Revolution even more than I did 20 minutes ago!

http://portal.wowway.com/news/read.php?id=13958239&ps=1015&cat=&cps=0&lang=en

Here is another article about it

http://www.gamerevolution.com/static/index.php?section=feature&sub=revolution&page=revolution_gdc_2006

MikePizzoff
24-Mar-2006, 01:07 PM
That's pretty awesome. Too bad I'm only getting XBOX 360.

p2501
24-Mar-2006, 02:18 PM
Oh my god.

i never thought i'd see Genesis games on a console again.

if i wasn't going to buy the system already, i am now.

All_Else_Failed
24-Mar-2006, 08:37 PM
Oh my god.

i never thought i'd see Genesis games on a console again.

if i wasn't going to buy the system already, i am now.
The Revolution is sounding awesome. Access to NES (Skate or Die); SNES (Streetfighter II Turbo, Castlevania,) N64 (Goldeneye, Rogue Squadron, Starfox) and now Genesis games is just immense!

Think I'll be getting one (and a PS3 in 2067). ;)

CoinReturn
24-Mar-2006, 09:08 PM
Thats cool and all, but most of those classic games dont hold up. They are a fun distraction, though. I'll be getting a Revo anyway, that controller looks damn fun.

p2501
24-Mar-2006, 10:18 PM
The Revolution is sounding awesome. Access to NES (Skate or Die); SNES (Streetfighter II Turbo, Castlevania,) N64 (Goldeneye, Rogue Squadron, Starfox) and now Genesis games is just immense!

Think I'll be getting one (and a PS3 in 2067). ;)

ahahaha preorder that ps3 now.

yeah i'm totally preordering the Revolution, and grabbing it launch day. it's going to ****ing RAWK.

Tullaryx
24-Mar-2006, 10:20 PM
I shall have me a Rev when it comes out just to get it in my console collection, but I shall be sorely disappointed if they don't make Kid Icarus available for download.

MikePizzoff
24-Mar-2006, 11:58 PM
I'll be getting a Revo anyway, that controller looks damn fun.

Are they still doing that stupid remote control looking controller? How the hell would one play games with that thing???

DeadJonas190
25-Mar-2006, 04:32 AM
Are they still doing that stupid remote control looking controller? How the hell would one play games with that thing???

It has motion sensors that allow the game to detect movement and screen position. Basically, if your playing a fishing game you actually cast by pulling back and throwing foreward the controller, like it were a fishing rod.

I think it will be a great addition to the gaming consoles. Nintendo never fails to produce innovative game concepts and accessories.