PDA

View Full Version : Are all of the old authors here?

Arcades057
24-Mar-2006, 05:50 AM
Did anyone get left at the other forums or did we all make it? Also, if submitting fiction, is there a forum here for it yet, or is it handled through the other forums or not at all? I'm working on something and I want to make sure I have a place for it.

deadpunk
24-Mar-2006, 02:46 PM
the fiction is still handled via the old forums.

And, I don't know, but it sure seems like the fiction crowd has degenerated to nothingness...:(

Arcades057
24-Mar-2006, 04:54 PM
Yeah, I haven't seen many of the writers, but I don't know all of their names anyway.

Svengoolie
24-Mar-2006, 05:00 PM
Maybe they're posting somewhere where they can use cuss words?;)

Arcades057
24-Mar-2006, 05:02 PM
Hmm, that reminds me. If and when the fiction section comes here, will profanity be allowed or will it all be $&@*?

Svengoolie
24-Mar-2006, 05:05 PM
If that's the case, they'll read like the USA Network/Sci-Fi Channel's version of Day of the Dead....:rolleyes:

deadpunk
24-Mar-2006, 05:34 PM
"Golly Gee Jimmy, that zombie just bit me!"

"Well, fiddlesticks, Tommy. Guess I'll have to shot you."

"That is not so nice."

"I agree. But, I'm sure we can both agree it is the politically correct thing to do."

"Well, poopy. Can't argue there."

"Good. Because, if you did argue, I would have to issue you a stern warning."

"Gosh darn zombies, anyway."

Meh...it reads fine to me guys...

Arcades057
24-Mar-2006, 05:52 PM
Yeah, maybe we're making too much of it.

Svengoolie
24-Mar-2006, 05:58 PM
"Dumb ducks....puss-brained bags of spit! You dumb, trucking bags of spit I'll kick your trucking masses! Come on!":elol:

Neil
25-Mar-2006, 07:49 AM
Did anyone get left at the other forums or did we all make it? Also, if submitting fiction, is there a forum here for it yet, or is it handled through the other forums or not at all? I'm working on something and I want to make sure I have a place for it.

At the end of the day you still email it through per normal :)

dannoofthedead
27-Mar-2006, 02:03 AM
I lost my internet a few months ago when I got my new job. I'm only on once or twice a week now so it has to be really good for me to post any of my usual nonsense and such.

rightwing401
28-Mar-2006, 06:49 PM
I....don't believe it.
No one's asking about me?:(
I'm one of the old writers on this site, and no one's noticed that I'm not around!
Ah, well, I guess that's what I get for not posting so much and having a grand total of seven stories in the 3 1/2 years that I've been here.

Arcades057
29-Mar-2006, 01:01 AM
Good to see you here, Rightwing!

rightwing401
29-Mar-2006, 03:38 PM
Hurray, some one remembers me!
Just kidding, it's good to see you here Arc, Deadpunk, and everyone else! Hopefully, we'll have some awsome fiction on the way soon.

UndeadAnthology
11-Apr-2006, 09:51 PM
I'm not a contributing author but, being the retard I am, I just found my way here. :) I had a link straight to the fiction section on the old board and finally happened upon a post there that was pointing to the new board. :o

Jacob

benjamin03
12-Apr-2006, 12:27 PM
hey jacob , have u heard anything from rob morganbesser and his book that he was trying to sell ? i cant ge tin touch with him so i thought u might know something more ?

grtz ben

UndeadAnthology
12-Apr-2006, 09:28 PM
hey jacob , have u heard anything from rob morganbesser and his book that he was trying to sell ? i cant ge tin touch with him so i thought u might know something more ?

Hey Ben--I'm not sure how much I'm supposed to say about the project. I'll just say as of the last time I spoke to Rob (probably a month or so ago) work is still being done on the book.

Jacob

benjamin03
13-Apr-2006, 10:14 AM
ok thx

TexasZombie
24-Apr-2006, 02:08 AM
Yeah, I haven't seen many of the writers, but I don't know all of their names anyway.

"Tank" and "Block Party", WAY back in the day.

Started working on a sequel to "Block Party" a while back. Working title is "Gone Fishin'". Currently stalled trying to decide whether to try to make one big story or two short ones.

Maybe I can get a rough draft posted somewhere as long as it doesn't violate content rules - Bob and Frank are pretty crude guys, y'know?

TZ

mista_mo
24-Apr-2006, 04:22 PM
Heh, I wouldn't call myself a writer, I mean, I wrote 2 stories that only a few people seemed to like, but I did em in maybe 30 mins...I imagine if I really put more effort into them I could make a better one...but you gotta start somewhere, and I imagine that now I've only got to go up eh?

BTW, I wrote Tear and the other Tear one

Danny
04-May-2006, 06:56 PM
Maybe they're posting somewhere where they can use cuss words?;)

finally we can agree on something.:D

i wrote one about a radio host trapped in his recording studio room giving broadcasts to the town, at the end he opnes the curtains to reveal tons of zombies around the room, it ended with his head in his hands it was only about a page long but i liked it.

it got rejected because of spelling, wait did one of youse guys read it to reject it? i think it was called "the last broadcast".

wayzim
05-May-2006, 02:56 AM
Zim here, author of DeadFall, Preservation of A Species, and other now slightly dusty tomes of the Dead.
Not down but definitely going through a dry spell at the moment.

On the back burner at present

I have an old half finished DeadFall story about the Final Retreat from Washington DC, with Captain Hannah Fairfax from the larger novella. There's a fresh DeadFall tale about the constitutional impact from the Dead threat, between the three separate plagues, entitled Fools on The Hill.
My ongoing struggle to turn Preservation Of A Species into a credible manuscript ( which has become less and less like the source story, all for the good I'm sure ) continues.
Additionally there's a rough sequel to Tuesday Morning Pickup, Sunday Afternoon Sermon, which follows the adventures of Rake Talbot and his mob after leaving Lake Tahoe.
Alot of other ideas, but few really sticking to the wall, so we'll see what we shall see.
Thanks for the feedback over the years, let's see if I can't something fresh for you all in the next few months.

Wayne Z
"Do you understand the definition of Expediency? "
DeadFall; Foreknowing

Danny
05-May-2006, 04:03 PM
only two posts?, c'mon man theres only like five regular posters from the old forum here.

did a few of them get lost?

rightwing401
05-May-2006, 04:50 PM
Two posts on what? This thread recently.

Danny
05-May-2006, 06:24 PM
no just 2 posts to date on the mark II forum, like the red knight rider:lol:

MinionZombie
07-May-2006, 01:38 PM
Technically I'm one of the "old authors", I used to write a lot of zombie stories when I was in the Sixth Form, but going off to Uni cut off all time to write such stories, the last one I wrote was "Dead Bodies: Cold Flesh 3" about 3.5 years ago now. The only thing I write these days are scripts and they've got nothing to do with zombies 99% of the time.

I'd like to get back into writing a zombie story at some point, I miss writing normal stories rather than scripts (not that script writing sucks), had a lot of fun jibber-jabbering on about zombies. I think some of my fiction is still up here on HPOTD, otherwise it's all on New Dimensions.

Danny
07-May-2006, 04:32 PM
mr.t set that phrase off "jibber jabber" now everyone says it.

*que a mr.t quote from minion zombie when he reads this*

I PITY THA' FOOL!:D

MinionZombie
07-May-2006, 05:40 PM
Quit yo jibber jabba fool! I ain't gettin' on no plane. Shut your crazy rap!

And so on...talk about fiction ya bastard!

"Autumn" was a great zombie book, there, now I'm legit.

Adrenochrome
08-May-2006, 08:02 PM
...>>>>>>>>>>

Arcades057
09-May-2006, 04:30 AM
Nothing to see here, folks...

JasonEdw
09-May-2006, 03:24 PM
Wow, it's all differenty!

Exatreides
09-May-2006, 06:51 PM
I have the feeling I missed something... Someone tell me?

Arcades057
09-May-2006, 08:25 PM
Now what ever would make you say that, my little friend Exa? :shifty:

mista_mo
12-May-2006, 04:20 PM
something is indeed amiss my noble comrades...perhaps the magical amulet of Candor has been taken by the wraith lord Ullrich, throwing our land into a turmoil that only we can stop. We must get the amulet back and end Ullrichs reign of terror. We must go hither and destroy the vile fiends fortress of mailce and burn it to the cold earth from whence it sprung up. We must see to it that he is cast from the realm of the living and sent forever to live in the valley of death, forever to be tormented by the imps, and winged fiends and other entities which take up residence on the infernal plane.

wow...I have a super imagination eh......made that up in like 2 mins...hehehehehe, i'm messed up

Danny
12-May-2006, 04:51 PM
nooo someone has taken the gem of cromdar the invincible from its tomb!!!!!

...possibly andrenochrme, needing a paperwieght.:p

MinionZombie
12-May-2006, 04:56 PM
All you guys need to get laid ... or stop smoking all the crack ... or get jobs ... or play macho games ... or just plain get-gay with each other and stop the future from happening so all those friggin' Goo Backs can't "tik-ur-jurbs!".

mista_mo
12-May-2006, 04:58 PM
Hey....yea well....your face needs to get laid you smelly tampon

thats right..I went there...and no damn goo-backs are going to take my houses, come on everyone, lets get GAY!!!

MinionZombie
12-May-2006, 10:12 PM
I have no idea what you're on about...

mista_mo
15-May-2006, 05:35 PM
i'm not on about nothing...wait..I am, i'm on with the funk...what are you on about my good man?!

Arcades057
15-May-2006, 09:01 PM
Oh well, at least the post started with good intentions.

Svengoolie
15-May-2006, 10:21 PM
How many threads have you seen that happen to, Arc?

I've noticed that there's certain individuals online...both here and at other sites...that are always around--you know, hanging out and posting mindless crap and bj posts...but they never contribute anything worthwhile, or even entertaining, in the entire time they're members at those sites. They never even try.

Why is that?

Arcades057
15-May-2006, 11:38 PM
Let's just say that "certain individual" have no friends in real life, probably due to either a lack of personable qualities or hard drug habits, so they come here to make friends. Only thing is, the way they make friends is the way most sane people make enemies in the real world.

So they spout off online, post something derogatory, get called on it, then quick change it so they don't look too stupid, knowing all along that enough retards will still be cool with them no matter how many times they're made to look like an ass. The funniest thing is that the sort of behavior in question will inevitably lead to the loser in question resorting to veiled threats of physical violence, while leaving a trail of angry people behind, some of whom know THEIR address...

Did I say "individual?" Shoot, I meant individuals. Wow, almost looked like I was talking about one person...

benjamin03
16-May-2006, 02:51 PM
bravo :cool:

mista_mo
16-May-2006, 05:41 PM
You know...I think I should take offense to that...but I won't. Personally, I don't really care. It's all in good fun, and believe me, it's a good stress relief, and everyone needs to do it sometimes. I'm not changing any of my posts. I'll act like this in real life as well, around my friends...yea, I know eh, shocking, I do indeed have friends...and I guarrantee you I won't spout off and threaten anyone with physical violence (for Craps sakes, it's a forum, I'm never going to see anyone on here ever...so threats of physical violence are ultimatly useless).

Personally, I don't mind this. and this isn't all I post about...I do it when I feel like it, and as shocking as it may sound, I can have a pretty valid opinion every know and then you know...again, I can't help but toot my own horn as of now, cause in this case, your points are all invalid (about me anyway, don't know about the other individuals you may or may not be referring too) As I have plenty of friends (and an incredibly wonderful and stunning girlfriend), and I'm not here all the time..hell, I may browse, but I there are alot of times where I just don't post anything. I'm not on any drugs anymore (thankfully), as I gave that junk up years ago...

but ultimatly, too each his own. you may not find this stuff entertaining, but there are people on here who do. Now, if the head honchos of this forum want me to stop, then I will, out of respect for the them and the forum, afterall, it's what they want, but I won't for anyone else.

Arcades057
16-May-2006, 07:27 PM
Mista, that wasn't directed at you, you know? That was directed at "other" people. I'd never say anything like that about you, man, you're my ace! :D

Danny
16-May-2006, 08:38 PM
All you guys need to get laid ... or stop smoking all the crack ... or get jobs ... or play macho games ... or just plain get-gay with each other and stop the future from happening so all those friggin' Goo Backs can't "tik-ur-jurbs!".

"DEY-TUCK-ER-DER!"

I've noticed that there's certain individuals online...both here and at other sites...that are always around--you know, hanging out and posting mindless crap and bj posts...but they never contribute anything worthwhile, or even entertaining, in the entire time they're members at those sites. They never even try.

*raises hand * sorry sir.:D

Mista, that wasn't directed at you, you know? That was directed at "other" people. :D

...my ears are buzzing....

MinionZombie
16-May-2006, 10:24 PM
This thread is now closed.