PDA

View Full Version : ESCALATION - Now Online

livingdeadboy
02-Feb-2007, 12:51 PM
This is the movie I made in the summer, it is a cool little horror flick... not only that, but there is a new teaser for Night '07 which plays before the movie. So check it out!

You Can Watch It On Google Video Here ---> WATCH HERE (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2248183649785323912&hl=en)

capncnut
02-Feb-2007, 01:30 PM
Both of those ain't working for me. Anyone else having the same trouble?

livingdeadboy
02-Feb-2007, 01:45 PM
Problem solved, fixed the links, sorry!

02-Feb-2007, 10:42 PM
dude, that faux scratch and grain MUST go!
(just thought i'd say it cuz I've watched the five minutes and it's driving me crazy. now i will complete the viewing; awesome job so far. really liked the ceiling fan while ethan is trying to call his ex and not **** his his pants at the same time)

kortick
03-Feb-2007, 01:15 AM
good movie reese

the script has some amusing lines

however that isnt the way to get
rid of a body

if that is really based on a true story
then they were stupid

for example a hypothetical way would be
to use a boat, a sharp knife, baling wire and a car battery

you take the body out into international waters deep ocean
cut the body from neck to gut (this makes sure it doesnt bloat
and rise to the surface) then you bale it and tie the car battery to it an fling it overboard
never to be seen again
even used a tide chart

i was told this by a "professional" man
this was one of the ways to get rid of a "package"
as he called them
he had lots of other interesting ways he shared with me
amazing there is no such thing as the mafia

his lecture on why you have to kill someone who owes
to the sharks even if the threat of death will do nothing to get
money was totally brilliant

i would have never seen the logic behind his reasons
but they were flawless

but i digress
i have had much exposure to murderers and
other forms of human scum so things like that stick out to me

the film was impressive
i reccomend people watch it

livingdeadboy
03-Feb-2007, 05:44 AM
good movie reese

the script has some amusing lines

however that isnt the way to get
rid of a body

if that is really based on a true story
then they were stupid

for example a hypothetical way would be
to use a boat, a sharp knife, baling wire and a car battery

you take the body out into international waters deep ocean
cut the body from neck to gut (this makes sure it doesnt bloat
and rise to the surface) then you bale it and tie the car battery to it an fling it overboard
never to be seen again
even used a tide chart

i was told this by a "professional" man
this was one of the ways to get rid of a "package"
as he called them
he had lots of other interesting ways he shared with me
amazing there is no such thing as the mafia

his lecture on why you have to kill someone who owes
to the sharks even if the threat of death will do nothing to get
money was totally brilliant

i would have never seen the logic behind his reasons
but they were flawless

but i digress
i have had much exposure to murderers and
other forms of human scum so things like that stick out to me

the film was impressive
i reccomend people watch it

Lol, well thanks, now I have to make Escalation 2 :p

I don't think the teens would have heard from professionals about how to properly dispose of a body. Not only that....but its just a movie;)

capncnut
03-Feb-2007, 09:45 PM
Okay LDB (actually I'll call you Reese), I can only give you a 30 min review because (unfortunately) that's all the time I have for online viewings. I don't mean that to sound like a prick but really, thats all the time I have.

I really, really like this movie and I'm gonna make a point of watching the rest as soon as I've got the time. I loved the dialogue; at some points I was laughing, at some points I was lofting my eybrow (more than a nod to Smith and Linklater in the dialogue methinks, correct me if I'm wrong) and overall, I enjoyed what I saw. The soundtrack that drifted over the background was awesome too man, really provided an atmosphere. I wont go into the details of what I saw (no spoilers) but damn Reese, I really wanna see the rest of this. You have captured a perfect documentary feel that makes me totally confident in your version of NOTLD07. I have complete faith now.

But seriously (who am I to say right? :lol:), remove that 'static' or whatever that s**t is called. It totally takes away more than it gives. I hope these effects wont be included in NOTLD07.

livingdeadboy
03-Feb-2007, 10:46 PM
Okay LDB (actually I'll call you Reese), I can only give you a 30 min review because (unfortunately) that's all the time I have for online viewings. I don't mean that to sound like a prick but really, thats all the time I have.

I really, really like this movie and I'm gonna make a point of watching the rest as soon as I've got the time. I loved the dialogue; at some points I was laughing, at some points I was lofting my eybrow (more than a nod to Smith and Linklater in the dialogue methinks, correct me if I'm wrong) and overall, I enjoyed what I saw. The soundtrack that drifted over the background was awesome too man, really provided an atmosphere. I wont go into the details of what I saw (no spoilers) but damn Reese, I really wanna see the rest of this. You have captured a perfect documentary feel that makes me totally confident in your version of NOTLD07. I have complete faith now.

But seriously (who am I to say right? :lol:), remove that 'static' or whatever that s**t is called. It totally takes away more than it gives. I hope these effects wont be included in NOTLD07.

Hey man, thanks for the nice review, glad you are liking the movie...sorry about the fake scratches on the screen and such:confused: Before I had made Escalation I had never actually really sat and watched Kevin Smith films, all I had ever seen was Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, and the only Linklater flick I have seen is School Of Rock. But thanks for the comparison anyways! And don't worry those crazy static marks are not in Night.

I hope you sit and finish the flick :D

capncnut
03-Feb-2007, 11:13 PM
Maybe you should check out the movie "Tape" by Richard Linklater, based on the play. It has a very similar feel to the opening of "Escalation". I could also make comparisons with Bernard Rose's "Ivans XTC" also, in terms of real-time discussion and the overall documentary feel that you take. I saw another 20 mins (after waiting for the bastard to buffer) and (again) I enjoyed your dialogue immensely.

kortick
04-Feb-2007, 02:11 AM
i agree cap

reese has a way with dialogue
that is not usual in these types of films

there is a wit there
that is not even been fully reached

check out his film survivors on his
you tube page

it is in several parts
and it is an early work
it is a zombie story

i plan on discussing it with him
as well as other aspects of his film making

i think this young man has quite a talent
and i dont say things like that lightly

livingdeadboy
05-Feb-2007, 03:03 PM
Kortick you are too kind, thanks for the positive comments on the flick!

capncnut
09-Feb-2007, 03:34 AM
I finished it (finally) and I have to say: "Yeah man." :D

jdog
18-Feb-2007, 10:15 PM
loved the movie. you got skills

capncnut
18-Feb-2007, 11:42 PM
That's what I'm saying man, f**k the Night07 haters. Let's get this thang on!

Debbieangel
21-Feb-2007, 03:18 PM
I watched Escalation last night and I have to say you have REAL talent I am not a yes person if I dont like it I will tell you!
You and your crew of actors and stage crew have real talent of course you are beginning but let me tell you , you all are GREAT!
I love the dialogue, the content heck ya just didnt know what would happen next that is what makes a good film a good film in my opinion!
Kid you have talent and you are good at picking the people around you , you dont just pick friends you pick talent and that is what you need to enhance your films. I watched Survivors too and it was GREAT too!
You keep making your films cause I really think that is what you are meant to do...know what I mean?

I watched Escalation last night and I have to say you have REAL talent I am not a yes person if I dont like it I will tell you!
You and your crew of actors and stage crew have real talent of course you are beginning but let me tell you , you all are GREAT!
I love the dialogue, the content heck ya just didnt know what would happen next that is what makes a good film a good film in my opinion!
Kid you have talent and you are good at picking the people around you , you dont just pick friends you pick talent and that is what you need to enhance your films. I watched Survivors too and it was GREAT too!
You keep making your films cause I really think that is what you are meant to do...know what I mean?

I didnt just just say talent that many times? lol:D
But, ya know it is true!

livingdeadboy
21-Feb-2007, 06:21 PM
You guys and gals are all awesome and too nice! :p